Matt Abel On "off The Record"

David1946

Matt Abel was a guest on Tim Skubicks "Off The Record" on WKAR discussing the legalization push (spoiler 50% of MI voters favor it) and Lansing's complete and utter failure at implementing the existing MM law. (I'm not sure how to post the video)

Off the Record | 4131 | 2012-01-27

The guest is attorney Matthew Abel. He's launching a statewide petition drive to legalize marijuana. With John Lindstrom, Bill Ballenger and Rick Pluta.

http://wkar.org/offtherecord/program/4131/

(Matt's segment is in second half of show)

Yah, I thought Abel did a good job.

Even though the segment was about the legalization effort, it really gave Abel an oppurtunity to air greviences with the current non-implementation of the MMM Act.

You gotta love Mr. Skubick for giving the issue air time :thumbsu:

Yah, I thought Abel did a good job.

Even though the segment was about the legalization effort, it really gave Abel an opportunity to air grievances with the current non-implementation of the MMMA Act.

You gotta love Mr. Skubicks for giving the issue air time :thumbsu:

Tim Skubicks Off The Record has had a few really informative programs about MC and the states stonewalling on full implementation and, how some police Dept's and prosecutors have declared open war on Patients and Caregivers completely ignoring the peoples will and the law.

I thought Matt did a terrific job. Check out the show. The first part of the show is interesting too as they have our beloved AG pushing for more police officers. Afterall, who is going to inspect the cannabis grows in Michigan....while the real criminals cruise the streets. Of the top 10 worst cities for crime in America, 4 of them are right here in Michigan.

As long as the head of law enforcement in Michigan feels that cannabis arrests are equivalent to the arrests of violent criminals, we are all in peril. In fact it is more like double jeopardy as the real criminals are emboldened to do as they wish while the police are encouraged to ignore them and focus on arresting patients....us.

Thanks to Tim Skubick for airing segments like these.

Thanks for the post and show so we could watch it on our own time . This is one of the reasons this site is so valueable the contributions patients make . Yes Matt Abel did a wonderful job he is a eloquent speaker with a professional demeanor / temperament . I watched him handle some very discriminatory rulings with complete composer when looking at tape of court cases on here the past few years . Any post by Eric VanDussen is worth reading and watching tapes of .

Make no mistake as a caregiver or patient the MMMA is the clearest and largest organized voice not tainted by a pursuit of cooperate dispensary money in our State . Most people know that is where the money will come from to support their professional activities as medical or the legal cannabis industry advances but t as a member of the MMMA you know and support the home grown cottage cannabis industry can and should be able to survive right next to them helping the little guy and gal on both sides of transactions who will be subject to discrimination for years while acceptance of this is phased into personal attitudes .

So thank you to everyone here who supports caregiver and patient growers and the volunteers that are participating in the petition drive . I am glad to see people calling for clarity on this position . While at the same time holding the olive branch open to all factions involved in the legalization effort to advance medicinal cannabis in a spirit of cooperation and tolerance . The penalties for any cannabis use are barberic across the Country and it is time Michigan led the way to proper policy that truely helped individuals and did not add to their problems . It is time the first thought for any Law Enforcement Officer was the saftey of a individual with consideration of their medical routine every time they encounter a patient with a qualifying card .

Archived