Ah, The Beautiful State Of Michigan

MMMA,

My name is Josef 22years old, from the Chicago Suburbs and have lived in Illinois my whole life. I always visited Michigan at least once a year with my family as a kid. I remember we used to go to this ice cream shop every trip called "Oinks" by the New Buffalo Beach, not sure if it's still there but it was kick donkey. We would always rent a cottage on the lake for a week and relax among nature. In my opinion I consider Michigan as the most beautiful state in the Midwest. I'm planning a move to SW Michigan soon, around Benton Harbor. I started smoking when I was 13 and I never "appreciated" marijuana, and always took it for granted, until I grew it two years ago. This changed my view on it forever. My belief is this "gift" should not be considered something that we can benefit on through personal gain, but for personal healing. Until this day My state has left me in a choke-hold of court costs, and legal fees, all for multiple possession charges of small amounts of marijuana, thankfully I never got a felony. I've decided to leave, not for this reason alone. I must branch out and get on the good side of things. Michigan is the closest state where I can be one with nature and dip my thumb in the soil. I'd like to be an advocate and supporter of our freedom.

With peace, love, and thanks,

Josef

Genesis 1:29

"Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

Welcome to the site! Very nice first post. Hope your transition to MI goes smoothly and we sure appreciate all the help we can get as we are fighting for our rights - please feel free to use the Email=O=Matic to send a letter to MI legislature and take a moment to sign our petition to the Governor of MI (links in my signature) - and please share the links with anyone you know especially Michigan residents!

I don't know why the act of planting a seed and watching the plants grow, tending to them, can be so spiritual but it sure is. The times I feel closest to God is pondering the magic of nature. I think it's in the effect of the cannabis plant to make us more open to spiritual experiences, and closer as a community, so then growing the plant itself becomes a spiritual experience, as does sharing the herb. :bong7bp:

Welcome to the site and to Michigan:) we need more advocates it does my heart good to see young ppl using their voice to bring awareness on this wonderful herb and your right it is a gift:)

Thanks wolfgang,mibrains,drtarzanmd,sparklybuds

What would be some good upcoming events in Michigan around the spring/summertime so I can meet real supporters.

Welcome to the site! Very nice first post. Hope your transition to MI goes smoothly and we sure appreciate all the help we can get as we are fighting for our rights - please feel free to use the Email=O=Matic to send a letter to MI legislature and take a moment to sign our petition to the Governor of MI (links in my signature) - and please share the links with anyone you know especially Michigan residents!

I don't know why the act of planting a seed and watching the plants grow, tending to them, can be so spiritual but it sure is. The times I feel closest to God is pondering the magic of nature. I think it's in the effect of the cannabis plant to make us more open to spiritual experiences, and closer as a community, so then growing the plant itself becomes a spiritual experience, as does sharing the herb. :bong7bp:

Sure, I'll email and sign. Also I'll write down to remember to share these links. I feel closest to god when I'm looking at a beautiful clear sunny sky or sunset and looking out into a vast clear ocean. When I grew my first time it made me "bond" with the buds like I cherished every toke a LOT more, i was giving people nugs for free just because I wanted people to be smoking without the thought of spending it makes friendships better that way.

just keep watching the boards here,we are keeping our eye on Lansing,and at any given moment we MUST be on the steps to try and repeal anything they may throw out there,they are sneaky gentlemen. We have an emailomatic(sp??) that you can send your reps a letter with,or call them,write your local paper and get the word out,register to vote and take your friends down to the DMV get them registered,sign a petition. Many things you can quietly do alone,create a FB awareness page. Goodluck young grasshopper:)

just keep watching the boards here,we are keeping our eye on Lansing,and at any given moment we MUST be on the steps to try and repeal anything they may throw out there,they are sneaky gentlemen. We have an emailomatic(sp??) that you can send your reps a letter with,or call them,write your local paper and get the word out,register to vote and take your friends down to the DMV get them registered,sign a petition. Many things you can quietly do alone,create a FB awareness page. Goodluck young grasshopper:)

gentleman was not the word originally used: haha gentleman and b@stards are two different meanings to me,maybe you could put the word rat up there instead.

Archived