3Ma Email Problems

I think there may be a problem with whatever software we use for sending out emails. Below is a cut and paste of an email I received this AM from BB. It is full of html coding. As a reference, I read my email in a browser, google's chrome 16.0.912.77 m on a PC running Windows 7.

<br><p> Hi Folks, I am writing you today to share important news and information from the front. Because you have been writing, calling and visiting your Reps. In historic numbers, the legislature is scrambling to adjust their position on these Bills. They are now saying that they will be submitting new Bills. We have heard there will be five of them. We have also heard that they are losing support in the legislature. The people are in the fight and they will not be ignored. What this means is we must continue to apply pressure. We must keep doing exactly what we’re doing. We must get a lot more people involved. We need to be sending them thousands of letters a day. The one thing the government has proven is that they can’t be trusted with our law, patients and caregivers. For the next month we must educate the public. Continue to lobby the government anyway we can. We will win this fight.

<br><p>We are fighting this fight on many fronts. We are doing around the clock conference calls to determine and maintain the correct course of action. We will not leave any stone unturned.

The people know the facts of our case. We enjoy their support. They are watching with interest how we are treated by the government. Over the last three years, the amount of terror that has been heaped upon our community is beyond belief. I have listened in horror as the attorney general and members of the legislature have slandered and libeled the sick and dying. They now ask us to trust them immediately after they introduce an abundance of Bills that will land patients in jail. At this point the government must implement this law as voted on by the public.

<br><p>Please keep sending emails. We’ve got their attention. Now let’s finish the fight. Click the link below to quickly send your letter to every Rep or use one of our prewritten letters.

<br><p>Please visit both of the links below to send a clear message to the legislature. Time is short. Please help us and yourself by defending the act.<b>

<p><br><size font size=4><br><a href="http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/email/MMMA_minorml_email_form_letter1.html">Call, Visit Or write Your Rep. Before It Is Too Late! Click Here</a>

<p><br><a href="https://www.change.org/petitions/the-legislature-and-attorney-general-of-the-state-of-michigan-honor-the-will-of-the-people"> We Must Save The Michigan Medical Marijuana Act!Help us save the Michigan medical marijuana act by clicking here! It only Takes a Couple of Seconds to sign This petition.</a></size></b>

<br><size font size=4><br><a href="http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/">Keep up with the latest news by Clicking Here</a>

<br><p>

This is the one dated 1/19

Dear semicaregiver,

<p><br>Folks, Please read the description below of what the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act will be like in as little as two weeks, if you do not act. Please visit both of the links below to send a clear message to the legislature. Time is short. Please help us and yourself by defending the act.<b>

<br><size font size=4><br><a href="http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/email/MMMA_minorml_email_form_letter1.html">Call, Visit Or write Your Rep. Before It Is Too Late! Click Here</a>

<br><a href="https://www.change.org/petitions/the-legislature-and-attorney-general-of-the-state-of-michigan-honor-the-will-of-the-people"> We Must Save The Michigan Medical Marijuana Act!Help us save the Michigan medical marijuana act by clicking here! It only Takes a Couple of Seconds to sign This petition.</a></size></b>

<br>

<p>I want to give you a very clear description about what our law will be like the day after the proposed Bills pass. If you chose not to participate in the fight, you could be in jail soon.

<br><p>The first thing you would notice could be inspectors coming to check out your crop. These inspectors would probably be police officers. This would be the result of your information being shared with police departments across the state. For you caregivers that would mean if a patient had dropped you and had not informed you, you would be in violation of the Public Health Code, and would be off to jail. Your property would be seized, and possibly your family brutalized and family pets killed. There would be so many new modifications to the law that could land you in jail. Some may be reaching for their copy of the law to see if something would protect them. I’m sorry even if there is text in the law to protect you, the government could violate those rules, and you would have no recourse. One of the new Bills would allow the government to violate your legal and civil rights and you couldn't sue them. You would be different from all the rest of the citizens in the state and could not use the courts to protect yourself.

<br><p>Another one of these Bills would make it illegal to grow in almost every township and city in the state. Compound that with local zoning, and it would be impossible to grow. If you violated this law you would be guilty under the public health code and could be looking at 7 years in prison and a half million dollars in fines. You would of course lose your card also. This Bill would apply equally to patients and caregivers. So growing patients would not be allowed to cultivate for themselves. Patients could have to drive for hours to find medicine.

Archived