People Vs Bylsma

Timmahh

Eric VanDussen sent me this email this am. This is info on the Bylsma case.

I've attached PDFs of Bruce Block's application and the prosecutor's reply. The SCt has not yet granted leave to appeal.

Mr. Bylsma is attempting to appeal the Court of Appeals opinion that found Michigan's Medical Marijuana Act does not permit multiple caregivers and/or patients to collectively maintain a cooperative grow operation in an enclosed, locked facility. The MI Court of Appeals' 09/07/11 oral arguments in this case can be viewed at:

- The COA's 09/27/11 opinion can be viewed at: http://coa.courts.mi.gov/documents/opinions/final/coa/20110927_c302762_41_302762.opn.pdf

Here are Bruce Block's two main arguments in his SCt appeal:

I. THE MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIHUANA. ACT IS A LAW OF INCLUSION, THE PLAIN LANGUAGE OF THE STATUTE, THE VOTER INITIATIVE, AND INCLUSION OF SECTION 8 SHOW THE INTENT TO PROVIDE BROAD PROTECTION FOR THOSE ENGAGED IN MEDICAL USE OR FOR A MEDICAL PURPOSE . .

II. THE COURT OF APPEALS OPINION IS IN CONFLICT WITH CONTROLLING COURT OF APPEALS PRECEDENT, WHERE IT ERRANTLY GRAFTED THE REQUIREMENTS OF § 4 ONTO THE AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE OF § 8