Ailments That Your Medicating To Relieve

All MMMA, if you feel comfortable sharing your ailments and what strains help relieve them feel free to post. I haven't seen a physician in over 5 years because I don't have health insurance and I cant afford to see a doctor. I've been to the hospital a couple times for various non violent psychiatric problems, from side-affects of prescription drugs, and a work accident. I suffer from PTSD - Robbed at gunpoint stripped to my boxers and held hostage/lead out to a field. I've had some very very bad situations occur at previous jobs as well, such as me dismembering a finger and thankfully getting it put back on. I also have persistent muscle spasms of my upper right arm, High Anxiety, Persistent Loss of Appetite, Hypoglycemia, and Acute pain on both sides of the back of my upper neck (this has started recently.) I don't medicate to relieve anything as I'm not a mmpatient, but I hope to get a better understanding of what strains I should look for if I do qualify for a mmmc when I apply for one, after my move to Michigan.

Edited by HeartoFgreen

• 3 months later...

i sure hope you find discovery into medical hemp as I have.

I must tell all of you that seeing for yourself was a true discovery for me, im a stage 3 colin cancer patient. I was to believe that smoking pot was helpful to my recovery from cancer. i was given 1.5 yrs to live in 2001 i started openely using low grade commerical pot to help my health during chemo. now im a mm patient i did not know how under medicated i was until just a few weeks ago. i started taking drops and learning about indica since im very pleased to report WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE. today i have no knee pain which was chronic from 12 + years of football, wear and tear, now that is free and completly free of any pain and swelling. as to my bowel it has never been better movements, better everything im finally relaxed. for the head im HIGHSTRUNG and am concerned about most every aspect of life. Now im able to relax a bit and not be so concerned with things that arent in my control. all of this in one week this is not to mention my severe muscle spasms cramping of muscles in the ribs leggs and feet hands triceps and back. they have almost completly disappeared. so i hope all of you have the chance to live again free from nasty pharma pills free from eli lilly and big medacine.

i just can say enough about MM and hope the internal cbd's in my body now are stimulating my adrenial, pancreas, liver and kidneys to a postive step in longevitiy and freedom of disease. cant thank everybody enough on this site for your compassion, patients and EDUCATION.

I FEEL GREAT AND I SWEAR ON A STACK OF BIBLES AS JESUS AS MY WITNESS THIS IS COMPLETLY TRUE AND MY STATEMENTS ABOUT MM IS REAL

AND TRUE IN EVERY ASPECT.

hemp4life

Edited by HEMP4LIFE

i sure hope you find discovery into medical hemp as I have.

I must tell all of you that seeing for yourself was a true discovery for me, im a stage 3 colin cancer patient. I was to believe that smoking pot was helpful to my recovery from cancer. i was given 1.5 yrs to live in 2001 i started openely using low grade commerical pot to help my health during chemo. now im a mm patient i did not know how under medicated i was until just a few weeks ago. i started taking drops and learning about indica since im very pleased to report WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE. today i have no knee pain which was chronic from 12 + years of football, wear and tear, now that is free and completly free of any pain and swelling. as to my bowel it has never been better movements, better everything im finally relaxed. for the head im HIGHSTRUNG and am concerned about most every aspect of life. Now im able to relax a bit and not be so concerned with things that arent in my control. all of this in one week this is not to mention my severe muscle spasms cramping of muscles in the ribs leggs and feet hands triceps and back. they have almost completly disappeared. so i hope all of you have the chance to live again free from nasty pharma pills free from eli lilly and big medacine.

i just can say enough about MM and hope the internal cbd's in my body now are stimulating my adrenial, pancreas, liver and kidneys to a postive step in longevitiy and freedom of disease. cant thank everybody enough on this site for your compassion, patients and EDUCATION.

I FEEL GREAT AND I SWEAR ON A STACK OF BIBLES AS JESUS AS MY WITNESS THIS IS COMPLETLY TRUE AND MY STATEMENTS ABOUT MM IS REAL

AND TRUE IN EVERY ASPECT.

hemp4life

Fantastic. Thank you for sharing, I always love reading these testimonials. I believe Bethany is collecting these stories. She would love to have yours I am sure.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/user/23239-bethany/

Edited by Darkmatter

This is on my profile....I had written it all down a year or so ago for a contest that wanted to know our stories on this site...You may or may not have seen it. Sorry if it is a repeat for any of you....

Ok, Here's my story.

I was in a car accident in 1993. I went from the front seat to the back seat, ( no seat belt) back strain at that time. I hit the back of my head on the rear window so hard the window broke and I had glass embedded in my head.

1996 I am at work (I work with adults that have developmental disabilities) I was assisting a gentleman into the shower. He could walk but he would sometimes "refuse" and would fall to the floor. I tried to catch him from falling, and.......you guessed it, injured my lower back.

1997.........I unfortunately found my self in a terribly abusive relationship with a very LARGE man. I was thrown up against......I don't know how many walls, and my lower back was smashed into the knob of any miscellaneous door I happened to be by, a few times. I'm sure my head hit the floor, walls etc. I know I passed out at least 2 times.

I got out of that relationship in 1999..............2 years was way to long!

Time goes on, life goes by, and it's 2004. I am now in daily pain. And, get horrible migraine headaches. I go to doctor after doctor, some pushing pills, some thinking I'm looking for pills, most not willing to find out what is even wrong with me. Until I finally get a doctor to give me an MRI. And, Lo and Behold.......Bulging disks l-4, l-5, S-1. Degenerative disk diseases, Spondylosis, etc............reasons for the daily sciatica. Reasons I can't sleep. Reasons I am miserable and crabby.

I began using Marijuana around 1997. I didn't realize it was for medicinal purposes, I just knew I felt better. I could move. I could get up and clean my house. I could go to work, or go and visit family. But, it is still hidden and very taboo. I notice when I would use marijuana my headaches would go away, or at least the nausea associated with them.

Now, 2006....I believe, I am asked to sign a petition to make Marijuana legal for people whom need it for medical purposes. I immediately sign it.

2008, I vote for the proposal to become a law.

Then, I am talking to a friend that tells me he qualifies as a patient. I ask him how he found it out. He tells me about the law, and being the manager now of 3 group homes, I have to read State laws all the time! I go to the State site and realize...........OMG! I qualify!

I submit my doctor records to THCF, they call me back and inform me that I qualify for not only my chronic back issues, I also will benefit from MM use with my Asthma.

The more I learn, the hungrier I get. I read everything I can find. I talk to anyone that will talk back with me about it. I order books, and make lists.

I learn about, and make medibles, tincture, topical oil, I try to use as many forms other than just smoking that I can learn about.

For me, it has been the difference of being in total pain, or addicted to opiates. I can't, even if I wanted to take pills, most make me sick. I throw them right up. So, even if I choose them, at least 50% of the time they would be useless. MM always works. It takes away any nausea I have Immediately. I can sleep at night, which enables me to be productive during the day.

I still have daily pain. But, Medical Marijuana helps me to manage it. I am grateful for the ability to freely choose Marijuana as a medicine. I am grateful that the voters in MI, were willing to give me that right!

(I work with adults that have developmental disabilities)

Ahh a fellow Home Health Aide/ DCW...so that's the reason I like you! Isn't it fun having a double entendre job title!? "I am a Caregiver, Caregiver!"

I began using Marijuana around 1997. I didn't realize it was for medicinal purposes, I just knew I felt better. I could move. I could get up and clean my house. I could go to work, or go and visit family. But, it is still hidden and very taboo. I notice when I would use marijuana my headaches would go away, or at least the nausea associated with them.

I was the same for me, and for many of us. When using Cannabis I found that not only did my neuropathic pain feel better, but my depression/PTSD symptoms were getting better. When I made the switch the real medical cannabis I found that the Depression/PTSD symptoms are now gone! No more crazy pills! Although I do still take a Vicodin every now and then when the pain becomes unbearable. But I take about 1/30th of the amount I used to.

I use to take 4 750mg a day. Now I take maybe 20 a month. Hell until a couple of days ago I went for 3 weeks without one.

Edited by Darkmatter

Yes, Darkmatter...I have worked for the same company since 1992. I now manage 3 homes.

I enjoy it but, I wish I could spend more time just spending quality time with the guys I have. They are really fun. I started out in homes with people that had more physical disabilities, but the gentlemen I have now are all prettty able to do things,like Special Olympics and bowling....etc. I have one guy that would out bowl most people. LOL...

Caregiver/Caregiver.....LOL :-)

Since I quit a smokin few weeks ago for a job interview/possible drug test I've notice my psoriasis is starting to return. I have't had any psorisis issues in 10 years. Thats not even why I got my card

That is very intresting! I am sorry it is reoccuring.....but, interesting none the less!

'I've seen bullets do damage like this" Nero-Surgeon comment pre-surgery on my x-rays and MRI of damaged spine. Blew out L4-5 and shredded the bands

My Benefits Medicating With Cannabis

Immediate pain relief and breakthrough pain control. Eases muscle spasms

80% reduction in use of opiate and other narcotic pain medicines. (I will never be completely pill free but I'm not doing as much damage)

Clearer thinking. Better emotional state of mind. No more short temper. More active with family and friends.

Appetite creation and even diet control I drink large glass of water before i medicate and after

Better more active sex life. No chronic ED that occurs in long term opiate pain management patients.

No insomnia

Diagnosis And Causes

Right Lumbar Radiculopathy, Lumbosacral Spondylosis, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome of lumbar spine (FBSS) First Three Toes Right Foot Numb

April 15th 2007 fusion L4-5 April 14th 2008 removal of hardware (drill & chisel) at L4-5 reason, surgical errors in setting my spine.

Surgeon had set my spine crooked and, forward and to the right. He also ran one of the screws completely through vertebrae while during the following 3 months of physical rehab the screw point was cutting my insides.

February 2008 insurance company approved my request for MRI and CT scans and thats when extent of surgical errors were found. Normally they suggest an 18-36 month healing period before anymore surgery mine 2nd one was a year later and surgeon cut in exactly the same place as first surgery.

If my surgeon would of been up front and told me true success rate, roughly 30%, I would of never had first surgery

Ahh a fellow Home Health Aide/ DCW...so that's the reason I like you! Isn't it fun having a double entendre job title!? "I am a Caregiver, Caregiver!"

I was the same for me, and for many of us. When using Cannabis I found that not only did my neuropathic pain feel better, but my depression/PTSD symptoms were getting better. When I made the switch the real medical cannabis I found that the Depression/PTSD symptoms are now gone! No more crazy pills! Although I do still take a Vicodin every now and then when the pain becomes unbearable. But I take about 1/30th of the amount I used to.

I use to take 4 750mg a day. Now I take maybe 20 a month. Hell until a couple of days ago I went for 3 weeks without one.

yep not medicating enough again "A"

Arthritis in hands, feet, knees and back. I am also a Type 2 diabetic and noticed that my blood glucose levels stabilized when I started using cannabis.

after all of those aliments start being cured will a doctor still keep you qualified for a recomendation of mmj

I SHOULD HOPE SO FOR IT IS ESSIENTAL TO THE PREVENTION AS WELL AS A REMENDY.

oh and not to mention other peopke will start noteing how well your color is and how well you are moving. its the "you look great commment" and who wouldnt with little to no pain and lots of good quality sleep and nutrition.

• 1 year later...

Insomnia.

Seems to be a bit of a crapshoot. Sometimes it helps (a lot!), sometimes it doesn't and just a little too much has the opposite effect. The dosage & mixture really seems to be the key.

I've been mixing cannatonic and indica with some success, but finding it difficult to get the right mixture. I've also noticed my sources seem geared more for pain or recreational use. The fact that marijuana puts (some) people to sleep is often seen as a negative side effect.

With the latest studies showing ambien linked to sudden death and the overall lack of effective sleep medications, it really is time research labs started seriously exploring marijuana.

I don't experience any euphoria at all from cannatonic or indica, it often makes me kind of sick (dizzy, nauseous) if the good scientists down at the lab are worried they'll create a pill to help people sleep and it has the side effect of making people "happy", I don't think they have anything to worry about LOL!

3 compressed disks in my neck, arthritis in my hips, many old injury issues.  The high CBD cut of tora bora works well for me.  I can smoke a little, get some pain relief and not be incapacitated from the high.  Cannatonic #4 is awesome, usually eliminates all the pain (even headache/migraine) with no buzz at all.  Its awesome.  Maintenance doses of high CBD oil really seems to keep the arthritis pain away.  And I mean very small doses of the oil as I have a very low tolerance for THC and can get uncomfortable easily if I get too much.

Insomnia.

Seems to be a bit of a crapshoot. Sometimes it helps (a lot!), sometimes it doesn't and just a little too much has the opposite effect. The dosage & mixture really seems to be the key.

I've been mixing cannatonic and indica with some success, but finding it difficult to get the right mixture. I've also noticed my sources seem geared more for pain or recreational use. The fact that marijuana puts (some) people to sleep is often seen as a negative side effect.

With the latest studies showing ambien linked to sudden death and the overall lack of effective sleep medications, it really is time research labs started seriously exploring marijuana.

I don't experience any euphoria at all from cannatonic or indica, it often makes me kind of sick (dizzy, nauseous) if the good scientists down at the lab are worried they'll create a pill to help people sleep and it has the side effect of making people "happy", I don't think they have anything to worry about LOL!

I used to make oil sticks, you can smoke em, you can eat them, and I promise you will sleep on them, but you will have to eat a pill size peice about 3 hrs before bedtime, it will hit you like a brick. or it may make you very silly and you may want to stay awake and enjoy feeling good,  mm is not the cure all for every one for the same thing, it works very well for most people if they find the right strain, just like medication, they dont all work the same on every one, but at least while you are trying to find the right mix of mm you are not destroying your self from the inside out!  Keep looking for that right mix of mm, Have you ever tried vaperizing?  That works a lil diff on most people, it def helps copd and asthma, I can attest to that, and no matter what strain it is, it motivates me!  I dont know why but I know I can burn a lil bowl of the same mm and vape the same and it definatly feels different to me!

Keep trying you will find what you need!

Peace

3 compressed disks in my neck, arthritis in my hips, many old injury issues.  The high CBD cut of tora bora works well for me.  I can smoke a little, get some pain relief and not be incapacitated from the high.  Cannatonic #4 is awesome, usually eliminates all the pain (even headache/migraine) with no buzz at all.  Its awesome.  Maintenance doses of high CBD oil really seems to keep the arthritis pain away.  And I mean very small doses of the oil as I have a very low tolerance for THC and can get uncomfortable easily if I get too much.

what are you using for migrains, Im going nuts trying to help my pt with migrains, she has done all the dr.s offer, botox, steroids, (she needs my electric razor now lol jk) she is on all kinds of meds for migrains, and like said, ive taken her everywhere to find a way to stop them or at least not get as many as she does, I got her off of vicoden, the dr. ordered that saying it maybe adding to the migrains, she was getting them for her neck and a spur on her shoulder, they give her a pill that has caffiene in it to take at nite, she has another pill for the onset of a migrain that does work, but they only give her 9 a month, she can do one when she has a migrain or just before, and 1 more within 2 hrs if it dont help, she uses more than 9 a month, so we have to pay for the extras, which are not that costly, but we would pay anything to get them to stop!

Ive also used infused pb oil on her! nothing on my part seems to be helping, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Peace

check if your pt lives under any power lines ?

any mold problems in the house?

lives downwind of refinery or chemical plant or incinerator?

water filtered or tap? get the water tested? lead pipes?

radon and co2 detector working?

what kind of lighting? fluros give people headaches sometimes. might be worth it to switch to led...

thats a start to eliminate some environmental variables anyways.

first part of healthy living is a healthy home.

Edited by t-pain

what are you using for migrains, Im going nuts trying to help my pt with migrains, she has done all the dr.s offer, botox, steroids, (she needs my electric razor now lol jk) she is on all kinds of meds for migrains, and like said, ive taken her everywhere to find a way to stop them or at least not get as many as she does, I got her off of vicoden, the dr. ordered that saying it maybe adding to the migrains, she was getting them for her neck and a spur on her shoulder, they give her a pill that has caffiene in it to take at nite, she has another pill for the onset of a migrain that does work, but they only give her 9 a month, she can do one when she has a migrain or just before, and 1 more within 2 hrs if it dont help, she uses more than 9 a month, so we have to pay for the extras, which are not that costly, but we would pay anything to get them to stop!

Ive also used infused pb oil on her! nothing on my part seems to be helping, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Peace

Smoking the high CBD cut of Tora Bora works well for some.  The Cannatonic #4 is awesome IMHO.  An infused topical can help a lot also.  Just like everything else, results vary!  Most make their infused oils rather weak for me.  I like to use a 10-1 ratio (coconut oil to cannabis oil) for general use and a 5-1 ratio for really bad days.  

Thank You every one, Im still wanting to hear more, My pt lives with me, every think I make is strong, I figure you can try it strong and work your way down hopefuly, I still have plenty of p.b's  oil, I just need to find a chemist to make me so oil, (not legal it blows)  Loose lips sink ships, I would realy love to get a hold of a strain that is very low in thc so she can work on it, she is a light weight and mainly does it at nite, Im realy trying hard to get her off of all narcotics, she is doing better, but man I feel so helpless when she gets these migrains.

I have never hardly had a headache, and when i did I usualy needed stitches, so I dont even realy no what a head ache feels like, especialy a migrain, but I see her when she has one, she cant have any light on, no noise, very upset stomach, yes sorry she vommits and dry heaves every time she gets one, and it has been happening more days a month than not,

I have taken her every where, she has had the botox for migraines, they did one of them sleep things where she sleeps over nite and gets tested, mri, ct scans, steriods, man you name it, Im at my witts end, she realy dont deserve this, no one deserves that.

It is realy hard to understand a migraine if you have never had one, but beleive me when she has one, I can feel it and I feel so help less! some one just told me about  feroset a migrain blocker, has any one heard or used that?

Thanks all!

Peace