Ailments That Your Medicating To Relieve

Oxygen Therapy Might Ease Pain Of Migraine, Cluster Headaches

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/07/080715204841.htm

breathing pure oxygen , or going into a hyperbolic chamber may help migraines.

its worth a shot, see if she has tried those before.

oxygen tanks are cheap and easy to get.

theres also food that can trigger headaches. like pineapple.

http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/guide/triggers-specific-foods

ask her to keep a food diary.

Edited by t-pain

I had horrible migraine's for 20-some years, frequently. None of the drugs the docs put me on helped much. The only thing that worked was Imitrex, pill or injection. And that worked only if I took it at the very beginning of a migraine. I went through everything you see your gal going through, Jim, and believe me, it's hell. I didn't even have enough or strong enough narcotics to help with the pain. The docs were so cautious since narcotics can cause rebound headaches if you use them too often. Fortunately they ended about 5 years ago, after I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and I got a CPAP machine. So I never got to try cannabis to see if it helped, since I wasn't using back then. Hopefully with age she'll outgrow them. I sure hope so. Good luck, and keep taking good care of your gal, Jim. I never had anyone to help me when I had a headache. She has you to comfort and help her. That's invaluable. 

• 2 weeks later...

My wife has suffered from migraines for years and now uses Fioricet.  Works at least 80% of the time.  She used to take Imitrex - not sure why she switched.  Also, if you ever get over to Canada, you can buy OTC aspirin/codeine tablets for pennies.  She finds that if she pops two at the very onset of a headache, she can frequently prevent it from turning into a migraine with no side effects.  Fioricet works, but it also lays you out for 3-4 hours.

She also uses cannabis (of course), but for her its effectiveness is not as high as the pharmaceuticals.

Absolutely agree on the caffeine.  It's a vasoconstrictor and is found in many OTC and Rx headache medicines (incl. the Canadian aspirin w/ codeine and Fioricet).  Midrin is another effective anti-migraine, and it uses isometheptene (another vasoconstrictor) rather than caffeine.  It was pulled from the market by its original manufacturer in 2009, but it was brought back in 2011 as a generic.

Relpax works for many people, too.  My wife took it for years until it stopped working for her.  Now she's using the Fioricet with 95% success (she corrected me).

• 1 month later...

I have a med card in Maine, am very poor with no insurance so I have to grow mine. I was suppossed to have surgery three years ago on neck( no insurance). Two herniated discs, pinching nerve! Winters in Maine are unbearable with inflamation, anyone that can help me I have gotten no relief from smoking or eating my cannabis. All I want is to get off these darn percocets and get a real job! I am in school because I can not do physical labor most days. Is it legal to buy tinctures on line? I have talked to a couple caregivers here, but they just want my card and then charge me a fortune for stuff I can grow. I can not get an answer about what strain. Severe Arthritis, the herniated discs, bone spurs and the worst- pinched nerve affecting whole right arm. I literally cry and I want the med. marij. to help, I KNOW it is possible, just cant grasp it yet. Thank-you

I have a med card in Maine,

Is it legal to buy tinctures on line? 

i dont know the maine law.

in michigan its legal to aquire meds from anywhere. (or so the michigan supreme court says)

but, its also bad to be using the mail due to federal involvement.

michigan is one of the states that recognizes visiting patients.

"(l) "Visiting qualifying patient" means a patient who is not a resident of this state or who has been a resident of this state for less than 30 days."

but probably that means you have to be physically in the state. i dont know.

• 3 months later...

A couple of years ago my neurologist suggested I take magnesium to help with migraines.  I have been pretty much migraine free since I started taking it.  I still occasionally feel the onset of a migraine but stays well below the debilitating migraines I used to have.  Up until that time I was taking a drug called Relpax that worked well also.

A couple of years ago my neurologist suggested I take magnesium to help with migraines.  I have been pretty much migraine free since I started taking it.  I still occasionally feel the onset of a migraine but stays well below the debilitating migraines I used to have.  Up until that time I was taking a drug called Relpax that worked well also.

What size dose of magnesium?  she does an all in one vitamin, I also do, mine has 110mg's and is 28% of the daily recomended amount!

Peace