Greetings All

Howdy Everyone!

I've been lurking pretty hardcore here for the past few weeks, gathering information and checking out the site. I thought it was finally time to de-lurk and make an introduction...

For the past 3 years or so my wife's feet have been getting worse and worse. I believe it is due to her work conditions but that's a different story.

It has gotten so hard for me to see her at the end of the day almost unable to walk. She's a tough tough girl but she's almost always in tears as she comes up the steps home at the end of the day. Her pain gets worse all through the day and it gets worse every day through the week. About all she can stand to do on weekends is sit with her feet up, recuperating and getting ready to repeat the cycle the following week.

She's been to six different doctors and had numerous tests. None of them can give a really good answer as to what is wrong. They've given her cortisone shots and offered pain killers but those are temporary and she can't be groggy at work, nor does she want to resort to medicine with such bad side effects. We've bought many different brands and makes of shoes, orthopedic and otherwise. We've had custom shoe inserts made. Nothing gives much relief.

I finally convinced her to talk to a MM doctor. She was at the point where she was willing to try ANYTHING to get through the pain. She had no problem getting a recommendation. If all goes well and our paperwork goes through I will be her caregiver.

I've really come to respect all the individuals on this site and all the work and effort you put in as I've read through peoples' stories and postings. It sometime feels kind of scary, like we are standing on the edge of a cliff, due to the current political environment...but if this course will relieve my wife's pain we are ready to take a running jump into the unknown.

Thanks for reading, I am TRYING to be,

The Helpful Hubby

Man, those cortisone shots are a killer. Please also consider a topical method of applying cannabis. Tincture, oil, etc. Try whatever you can. We have had very good topical results with PB's Oil for a very painful toe problem (as well as for minor skin issues.) A tincture worked great for tooth ache after a dental visit (in the past this would have required a codeine-based prescription painkiller.) All of this stuff is (are?) now among our most important medicine chest items.

z

Man, those cortisone shots are a killer. Please also consider a topical method of applying cannabis. Tincture, oil, etc. Try whatever you can. We have had very good topical results with PB's Oil for a very painful toe problem (as well as for minor skin issues.) A tincture worked great for tooth ache after a dental visit (in the past this would have required a codeine-based prescription painkiller.) All of this stuff is (are?) now among our most important medicine chest items.

z

Yes I second that on topicals. I haven't tried PB's oil yet (looked at the market for it without success). But I use a Cannabis Salve, made with leaf, and it really helps - my hubby rubs it on my neck / back for pain and spasms. And I use it on my elbow for tendonitis, shoulder for pain from torn tendon. When hubby is having real bad Multiple Sclerosis cramps, I rub some salve on his muscle knots & it helps that too. It doesn't take the pain entirely away but definitely reduces it 2 - 3 notches on the pain scale to make it more tolerable.

Very nice to meet you HelpfulHubby - I'm sorry to hear about your wife's feet. My hubby had a lot of pain in his feet at his last job - part time 4 hr a day, and he felt like he was walking on marbles, then as the day went on the marbles felt like golf balls, he limped worse until he couldn't walk. He had to quit because he couldn't walk anymore. In his case it turned out to be MS but I'm certainly not suggesting that is your wife's problem. It's really hard watching your mate suffer, but it helps the one suffering to have the support.

Welcome, :yahoo-wave: I used to have pain from standing so long at work, I ended up buying some expensive sole's in an effort to make it stop. They worked for about a couple weeks, I'm guessing you have already tried the shoe approach though. Anyhow, there has to be a remedy out there somewhere. Wish you the best, and im sure you'll be growing her pain away very soon!

Thank you all for the greetings and well-wishes!

I will keep in mind the cherry juice recommendation. She tested negative for arthritis but it can't hurt, right? Lord knows we live in a great state for cherries...

And, yes, we definitely are interested in trying some topical applications. I'd like to figure out how to make a salve or balm myself eventually...I imagine there is a lot of potential in that. Are there ever topical products available at the Farmer's Market

Thanks Everybody,

HH

Archived