Bona Fide Issue Resolved By Mi Board Of Medicine

About 4 years ago, i had a neck injury that put me in urgent care. I saw a doctor that I had never seen before and I could barely understand his severely broken english. He prescribed me Norco for pain. I was in the urgent care for no more than 2 hours. The Norco made me sick to my stomach! I had to go back to urgent care. I then saw another doctor that prescribed me Darvocet. It also made me sick. My wife then called the urgent care and asked if they could give me Tylenol 3 as its really the only pain med that doesnt make me sick. Not sure why but it doesnt. They called in a prescription to my local rite-aid and my wife picked it up. The script had a signature on it from a THIRD doctor. A doctor that I never saw. The first doctor i saw for about 2 hours. The second doctor i saw for less than 30 minutes. The third doctor i never saw at all. There was NO bonafide relationship established yet all three of them wrote me scripts for narcotics. One of which I never saw and he wrote me a script just for the asking. I suffer from 3-5 migranes a week from the result of this injury. Cannabis does not make me sick. Instead it controls the nausea and takes the edge off the neck pain so I can sleep at night. My point is, anytime you walk into an ER or an Urgent Care facility, there will never be a bonafide doctor/patient relationship. These doctors see hundreds of patients every day and write scripts without a full examination of our medical records. Medcnman.

About 4 years ago, i had a neck injury that put me in urgent care. I saw a doctor that I had never seen before and I could barely understand his severely broken english. He prescribed me Norco for pain. I was in the urgent care for no more than 2 hours. The Norco made me sick to my stomach! I had to go back to urgent care. I then saw another doctor that prescribed me Darvocet. It also made me sick. My wife then called the urgent care and asked if they could give me Tylenol 3 as its really the only pain med that doesnt make me sick. Not sure why but it doesnt. They called in a prescription to my local rite-aid and my wife picked it up. The script had a signature on it from a THIRD doctor. A doctor that I never saw. The first doctor i saw for about 2 hours. The second doctor i saw for less than 30 minutes. The third doctor i never saw at all. There was NO bonafide relationship established yet all three of them wrote me scripts for narcotics. One of which I never saw and he wrote me a script just for the asking. I suffer from 3-5 migranes a week from the result of this injury. Cannabis does not make me sick. Instead it controls the nausea and takes the edge off the neck pain so I can sleep at night. My point is, anytime you walk into an ER or an Urgent Care facility, there will never be a bonafide doctor/patient relationship. These doctors see hundreds of patients every day and write scripts without a full examination of our medical records. Medcnman.

Which means that this resolution is, at best, a bad joke because it applies only to providers who recommend cannabis, and no other doctors. Nonetheless, it takes us off the hook to perform any duty other than the law already requires.

Which means that this resolution is, at best, a bad joke because it applies only to providers who recommend cannabis, and no other doctors. Nonetheless, it takes us off the hook to perform any duty other than the law already requires.

Lobbying with the Board to prompt them to do this, and to ensure that any change not affect pts and cgs began before July 20, 2011, and documents were submitted by other activists.

Oh man, I remember that meeting. That was a long, long time ago. They sure took their time finally issuing the paper from the board, if that August 2011 date is correct. I wonder why they finally sent it out, and why they allowed dozens of patients' doctor/patient relationship be challenged in court over the past two years. Especially when it is essentially just a regurgitation of standards available elsewhere? Matt, Greg, and I had a brief meeting to strategize prior, but I didn't really get the idea at the time that they were listening. Wonders never cease.

Chad,

My guess would be that over the summer a lot of lobbying was going on related to the legislative bill to define bona fide as part of the act. At the sametime the medical board was being lobbied to act at the same time. It would be nice to think that this all finally came together and the Medical Board accepted the fact that if they did not act, the legislature would.

Chad,

My guess would be that over the summer a lot of lobbying was going on related to the legislative bill to define bona fide as part of the act. At the sametime the medical board was being lobbied to act at the same time. It would be nice to think that this all finally came together and the Medical Board accepted the fact that if they did not act, the legislature would.

That is a more than reasonable take on things. You allude to the uncertainty involved, but does it really matter?

Archived