So Why Is Simpson Oil Better?

Let's say that out of 1 LB of cannabis you typically get 1 OZ of Simpson oil. Seems to be a commonly stated ratio. For the sake of argument, let's say one consumes a gram of oil over 1 month. That's the equivalent of 16-1/2 grams of bud, or a little over 1/2 gm/day.

So why not just decarboxylate the bud and then put 1/2 gm into capsules, possibly mixed with oil for better absorption? Much less time plus no solvent issues (fire hazard, additional cost, contributing to greenhouse gases.)

Tell me why Simpson Oil is better than eating the equivalent amount of cannabis (which will also include water soluble components) or cannabutter (which won't).

BTW, my particular medical need is for treating Crohn's if that has any bearing on the issue.

z

If a person is dosing with .94 grams of cannabis a day from a oz of oil per mo 28.3/30 days and it takes a pound to = the effect one would have to ingest 15.1 grams of decarboxylated cannabis a day . I vote for the oil it is recommend for everything , smoked as well as placed in the gums or under the tongue .

1 pound = 16 multiplied by 28.3 = 452.8 grams / 30 days = 15.1 grams per day of decarboxylated cannabis .

I have found much improved function at about a 1/4 oz of vaporization a day . Under the act I have not been able to achieve a non interrupted supply but when medicated to comfort without restriction in supply my function and comfort has become improved and tolerable . Interruption of supply puts that in a spiral which takes time to recover from and one feels life being threatened .

I've been wondering the same thing myself. Iceman, how can RSO have a higher concentration of CBD's that the plant itself, or of cannabudder? A friend gave me a syringe of RSO recently for my IBS, and I find the effects the same as medibles. If RSO has medicinal properties above and beyond budder, I'd use more RSO. But I don't know. Any more info on this would be helpful.

If a person is dosing with .94 grams of cannabis a day from a oz of oil per mo 28.3/30 days and it takes a pound to = the effect one would have to ingest 15.1 grams of decarboxylated cannabis a day . I vote for the oil it is recommend for everything , smoked as well as placed in the gums or under the tongue .

1 pound = 16 multiplied by 28.3 = 452.8 grams / 30 days = 15.1 grams per day of decarboxylated cannabis .

I have found much improved function at about a 1/4 oz of vaporization a day . Under the act I have not been able to achieve a non interrupted supply but when medicated to comfort without restriction in supply my function and comfort has become improved and tolerable . Interruption of supply puts that in a spiral which takes time to recover from and one feels life being threatened .

Sorry, your math does not jive with my original assumption. I said 1 gram of oil per MONTH. You are using an OUNCE per month.

z

Simpson oil is a concentrate and will test around 65-75% THC and it raises CBD and CBN levels too, you can never get those kind of levels with just the bud alone, were talking 3-4 times the levels then the plant itself.

That SO is a concentrate is irrelevant to the question as it only means that you need to ingest less by weight. I am questioning whether there is any difference between ingesting .0625 gm of SO and 1 gm of decarboxylated plant (assuming 1 lb cannabis/1 oz oil.)

z

That SO is a concentrate is irrelevant to the question as it only means that you need to ingest less by weight. I am questioning whether there is any difference between ingesting .0625 gm of SO and 1 gm of decarboxylated plant (assuming 1 lb cannabis/1 oz oil.)

z

One gram a month would be a very small dose. Rick Simpson's recommendation for cancer patients is to eat sixty grams over two to three months.

One gram a month would be a very small dose. Rick Simpson's recommendation for cancer patients is to eat sixty grams over two to three months.

Yeah I know, but this isn't for cancer. It is obviously easier to ingest 20 gm of SO in a month than 320 gm cannabis. But this is an argument of convenience, not efficacy. At this level of consumption I would focus the argument on SO vs cannabutter, not SO vs cannabis.

The reason why I am basing the numbers on 1 gm/month is because that is the approximate dosage we are using (via PB's PB.)

z

Yeah I know, but this isn't for cancer. It is obviously easier to ingest 20 gm of SO in a month than 320 gm cannabis. But this is an argument of convenience, not efficacy. At this level of consumption I would focus the argument on SO vs cannabutter, not SO vs cannabis.

The reason why I am basing the numbers on 1 gm/month is because that is the approximate dosage we are using (via PB's PB.)

z

Sure, at that small a dose just eat your 1/2g a day of bud. Whatever's more convenient for you.

Simpson oil is a concentrate and will test around 65-75% THC and it raises CBD and CBN levels too, you can never get those kind of levels with just the bud alone, were talking 3-4 times the levels then the plant itself.

Those potency values for Simpson Oil are very generous. I think our top Simpson Oil topped out around 50% and we more commonly see values in the 30-40% range. Our lowest was around 20%. Basically, you can't tell how potent it is by just looking at the stuff. Only the earwax concentrates come close to reaching 70%.

Let's say that out of 1 LB of cannabis you typically get 1 OZ of Simpson oil. Seems to be a commonly stated ratio. For the sake of argument, let's say one consumes a gram of oil over 1 month. That's the equivalent of 16-1/2 grams of bud, or a little over 1/2 gm/day.

So why not just decarboxylate the bud and then put 1/2 gm into capsules, possibly mixed with oil for better absorption? Much less time plus no solvent issues (fire hazard, additional cost, contributing to greenhouse gases.)

Tell me why Simpson Oil is better than eating the equivalent amount of cannabis (which will also include water soluble components) or cannabutter (which won't).

BTW, my particular medical need is for treating Crohn's if that has any bearing on the issue.

z

We're very much in favor of activated cannabis capsules. No solvents required! http://www.micannalytics.com/results/sample.php?sampleid=111527&dispensary=79

Those potency values for Simpson Oil are very generous. I think our top Simpson Oil topped out around 50% and we more commonly see values in the 30-40% range. Our lowest was around 20%. Basically, you can't tell how potent it is by just looking at the stuff. Only the earwax concentrates come close to reaching 70%.

The people making it to fight cancer and using high thc strains with all bud are hitting those numbers, the average guy like me that can't afford to use all bud are in the lower ranges, it really depends on what it's being used for. This is something I've heard the medical world having an issue with Simpson oil, they are finding such a drastic range in % of the cannabinoids that it's hard for them to give accurate doses.

Please, what is earwax and how do you make it? Thanks

I would think eatin Bud would be the best,Because,theres alot of stuff in it{aminos acids,terpines,etc}that could be weakened or completely removed durin the RSO process that are probably helpin your bodies Immune system fight whatever it is you've got.Just an Opinion!!

you are talking about raw marijuana treatment, some people simply put leaves into a blender or salad. You do get more benefits from uncooked, raw plant material. Again, they do not eat buds, but the leaf.

RSO, or such is a concentrate of the drug - THC/CBDs, and was not meant to offer the medicinal benefits of the entire marijuana plant.

Those who seek marijuana for medical use, should consider all forms of ingestion and use of marijuana. We are still learning about marijuana and its medicinal effects.

DN

I figured with all the good stuff in it,its probably like a super supplement.And some of that heat could reduce or eliminate some of da good stuff!

I think you would have to heat it anyway to activate the cannabinoids unless you have some fat or oil in your stomach. Maybe eating the acid form of cannabinoids is really where it's at though. I dunno.

I think you would have to heat it anyway to activate the cannabinoids unless you have some fat or oil in your stomach. Maybe eating the acid form of cannabinoids is really where it's at though. I dunno.

THCA - which gets converted to THC upon being heated - apparently has some medicinal properties. That is one the main reasons why juicing raw plant is supposedly so beneficial. Another is the sheer amount of cannabinoids that one can ingest without having psychoactive effects.

z

Archived