So Why Is Simpson Oil Better?

THCA - which gets converted to THC upon being heated - apparently has some medicinal properties. That is one the main reasons why juicing raw plant is supposedly so beneficial. Another is the sheer amount of cannabinoids that one can ingest without having psychoactive effects.

z

Got any info on that? All I've read is that one article.

Got any info on that? All I've read is that one article.

Yeah, the problem is that most cannabis studies to date focus on THC and CBD, and not the acid forms (or other terpenoids.) Lots of stuff out there on THCA chemistry, but I haven't yet seen any specific scientific studies on its medicinal properties.

This

mentions the anti-inflammatory effects of THCA briefly (and why gas chromotography isn't a good analytical tool for cannabis since it decarboxylates).

According to this 420college article,

THCA has been shown to have anti-spasmodic and anti-proliferative (anti-cancer) properties, as well as evidence of anti-inflammatory activity.

z

I mean just make your own with your high CBD bud. Cannalytics is just giving a thumbs up to that method.

Exactly. Once CBD-rich buds are easily obtainable you'd still want to decarboxylate them since the majority of CBD is actually in the CBD-acid (CBDA) form prior to heating.

The people making it to fight cancer and using high thc strains with all bud are hitting those numbers, the average guy like me that can't afford to use all bud are in the lower ranges, it really depends on what it's being used for. This is something I've heard the medical world having an issue with Simpson oil, they are finding such a drastic range in % of the cannabinoids that it's hard for them to give accurate doses.

If someone can bring in Simpson Oil that tests over 50% THC, we'll test it for free. The huge variation in potency values is a detriment to accurate dosing which is why each batch should be individually tested.

Please, what is earwax and how do you make it? Thanks

Earwax is a low-moisture content BHO extract, named for it's appearance and texture = http://www.micannalytics.com/results/sample.php?sampleid=111536&dispensary=55

These type of extracts test much higher than Rick Simpson oil but typically aren't decarboxylated because the solvent evaporates at much lower temperatures and doesn't require the amount of heat that making RSO does.

Yeah, mentioned in post 11 here (which references the original thread.)

I'd love to do this, but it is obviously only feasible if 1) you grow your own and 2) you are growing an illegal number of plants.

z

Why would it be illegal? It said they use 1 plant per day. No one ever said how big our plants could be. Could grow a couple monsters, and use them over a period of a few days. I'm sure you could get into a perpetual grow that would work for someone to do this if they grow themselves and still stay legal.

Archived