Spidermites From A Cc Member

Irishgreen

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always observe "universal precaution" when I get new clones, that is I assume that they all have mites, mold, mildew, etc. and quarantine. In a perfect world a full disclosure would be fantastic. In the real world mistakes are made. My life philosophy is, I alone am responsible. Fool me once shame on me.

I have had issue with the mites and have found that I have to switch up between several products ( zero tol, azamax, spinosaid, mite wash etc.) or eventually they reappear,

Troy

Goodness! I just saw all these responses.......

I did quaranteen the plants.....it was in quatanteen that we noticed the mites and the treatment residue. Thank goodness.....

Beleive me.....precautions can be followed and those buggers can get in.

We have been growing for 3 years....I think we have been through everything. LOL

Also, none of the clubs in this thread was where I got them from.....Honestly, I would have just talked to you guys....This was a friend went to the club and got a list and brought it to us....kinda shady anyhow.....

I have not seen them advertised, but I can't remember the name either. I don't remember it, because it was one I had never heard of before.

But.....honestly, my concern was the disclosure.....not that I got mites, nor that it spread.....those weren't issues.....the issue I had was that they were treated but given to me as "organic" plants....

So, if you were infected while using them as a preventative then they didn't work as a preventative, did they?

I've been using them as a preventative for about 3 years now.

Still good to go here so it must be working as a preventative eh?

EDIT: And reading your reply to this you obviously don't know wtf your talking about. Another so called expert.....ROTFLMFAO.....argue with yourself fool.

Oh and um....hey Jesus Christ.....they DONT work on thrips!

You are Jesus Christ right? He knew everything just like you!!!! ROTFLMFAO......

Edited by rockinlespaul

WE had to ask two folks to remove their genetics yesterday. Bugs can devastate a grow and harm patients. We screen all clones. So please check out your clones, medicine and everything else prior to coming to the market. It will save us all time. Thanks, bb

and leaving the market or any place else. Treat everything that comes into your garden as it could be affected no matter the claim,person,strain it came from.

I've been using them as a preventative for about 3 years now.

Still good to go here so it must be working as a preventative eh?

No. that just means you haven't had an encounter with them. I don't use any preventative and haven't had them in a long time.

You can argue with me all you want, Hot Shot is not a preventative, and your adding traces of pesticides to your grow by using it.

Hot Shot pest strips have never, ever worked on mites. They work on thrip, but they do not work on mites. If you want to be sure that you have gotten rid of spider mites the best way to do it is to use a miticide. I hate to say that, but it's the only way to ensure they are eradicated.

Ya, same topic. Everyone has a story. I got them from a person on this site. I don't trash them.. Shame on me. If your trust in someone is that deep to not use preventative measures that's your choice. But anyone that has lost a whole crop and had to deep clean every wall, ceiling, floors, pails, equipment plus every crack knows what to expect. Stupid arguments over something that could cost you $1000's. Take it seriously if you do get them. FYI "Don't pass it on!"

Edited by Dman

Ok.....I guess people aren't reading where I said I am NOT COMPLAINING that they introduced mites. I didn't even say our other plants got mites! They didn't! I DID quaranteen the plants. I did NOT mention names. How am I trashing anyone?

My ISSUE is....I was told these were "organic" plants. I have ASTHMA as well as pain. I can't breathe chemicals. If you treat a plant with something for bugs, or molds....you should DISCLOSE that to the person you are passing them to.

Jeez. I don't understand why everyone is focusing on the mites and not the fact that they gave me plants treated with who knows what!?

IrishG,

My comments weren't pointed toward you. Nor were they pointed to the fact that someone sold you Treated plants that should not have been. I believe when people bring up a mites infestation they get very personal on this issue. I'm sorry this got derailed into the process and procedure's of eradicating them. This is point blank a trust issue which in my opinion takes a hell of a lot longer to prove on this board than most others.

IrishG,

My comments weren't pointed toward you. Nor were they pointed to the fact that someone sold you Treated plants that should not have been. I believe when people bring up a mites infestation they get very personal on this issue. I'm sorry this got derailed into the process and procedure's of eradicating them. This is point blank a trust issue which in my opinion takes a hell of a lot longer to prove on this board than most others.

I am sorry if I made you feel like I was freaking out on you....maybe I was.

I just keep reading these posts saying quarantene, and hot shots, and clubs check for mites....LOL

And, all I wanted people to understand is that if you treated them....atleast tell people, because either the treatment may need to be kept up, or the medium used might not be safe for a medical user.

As others have said....what if I hadn't quarantened....what if I weren't an experienced grower....what if it would have devestated my crop? This is what I got from a supposed compassion club....

Rule number one....don't trust anyone...for anything growing related.

Next ...u will get mites at some point...better to educate yourselves before hand...its not the end of the world...just do it.

Next its not realistic to expect full disclosure for anything that involves money...u want honest truths about what your getting, then look for the people who are not charging anything.....hell sometimes a grower may not even know he/she has an issue(has happened to me)

Pergamum.....

First, you must not have read all my posts. Otherwise you would have seen that I said I KNOW what to do with newly introduced plants!

Second....don't trust a compassion club LEADER that says they are giving you ORGANIC plants?

Third....they knew they had an issue because of the fact that they had been treated for mites (hence the sticky substance) and heavily trimmed rather large trees I was given opposed to the clones I was expecting.

My post was simply to alert others to 2 things.

If you are a CG and are passing along genetics, if you had to treat the plants for mites or mold and you are TRULY making MEDICINE you should make the person you are passing that plant to aware. It COULD be a life or death issue.

If you are the reciever of genetics from someone...not only question the on if they have ever been treated, but examine them.

I wasn't the one that picked the plants up. I would have left them where they were if I had seen them. But, once they were in my house....all I could do was deal with them.

Lastly.....I thought this was about medicine for sick people....not money

Just saw someone mention Neem Oil (which is the nastyest stuff I have ever seen).....which is so old school and nasty I personally would not touch a plant that had this on it --- errr....

Spider mites or any bugs (read the packaging as I am no expert) can be successfully treated with

1) Mighty Wash (like 99% water) - it works great.

2) Liquid Lady Bug -- works great too (and is best for Hydro/Tents)....

I know there is a grow section, but How about a special section "Best Practices according to ??" so the experience growers can list a best practices for noobs (and require they read it before posting) --

I see on other boards the same issues posted over and over when the answer is right there IF someone would have required reading it...

and oh yes, irish Girl is right, they should be telling you about everything a plant has been subjected to and examining them is good but some are microscopic -- cannot be seen.

I would add these pests are just a fact of life if you grow long enough -- you will come across them no matter what you do as I am and advise people to be incredibly err, overconscientious, about cleanliness and pest control -- but them spider mites show up even in closed grows somehow (how do they do that?) with bleach step-ins and everything possible to defend from them (but there is a whole microscopic world under our feet people, they are there, and nothing we can do about it but used best practices in every grow -).

M

Edited by Murph