Simpson Oil

HarveyWallbanger

http://www.ebay.com/sch/graphicartssupply/m.html?_nkw=99%25+isopropyl+alcohol&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

You will need to order the spigot separately or you can go to your favorite box store and buy a cheap kerosene pump. This runs around $130 for 5 gallons including shipping.

Good luck and be careful.

About $26/gallon then. Not bad. It ends up being about $30/gallon buying it by the pint at meijer's.

I think you forgot to add in the price of gas @3.50 a gal :(. I like the convenience of having it delivered to the door. Plus, Meijer's employees ask to many questions at my repeated request for more. I think that they just got tired of going in the back and taking a look.

i was about to try to make some simpson oil and all the info i have found is with starting with a lb of medz??? anyone have a smaller recipet maybe for a couple oz of medz .. to jump right in with a lb and have something go wrong would really hurt things any ideas or good ratios on a little bit of a more resonable scale ...

thanks DT.GT :rock:

just adjust the amount of liquid to fully submerse the materials.

chop or grind the meds, freeze for an hr in a soak jar. take out of freezer and add enough ISO to fully submerse the materials. follow the process from there.

i would think a 16 oz bottle of ISO would cover an OZ of ground or chopped meds.

i was about to try to make some simpson oil and all the info i have found is with starting with a lb of medz??? anyone have a smaller recipet maybe for a couple oz of medz .. to jump right in with a lb and have something go wrong would really hurt things any ideas or good ratios on a little bit of a more resonable scale ...

thanks DT.GT :rock:

About an ounce or two can be processed at a time with small wide mouth mason jars and a coffee maker as the heat source.

You still have to be careful not to allow fumes to build up though. A smaller more managable fire would still ruin your day.

R

Yah .. there's a few of us doing that.

Is it important to use Pyrex containers due to the heat ? I have never tried this but worry with the alcohol involved if a jar cracks from heat .

What type of fire extinguisher should you have just in case and this is done outside for venting fumes in a place where fire could not spread - correct ?

Assume nothing when other disabled patients are reading the boards . Watching the film by Phoenix Tears should be done first if someone hasn't done that or read safety tips for this process which is dangerous . I believe in freedom but if they ever get the law worked out this is one item I would pay someone to do for me . Just drop off a legal weight amount and pick up the finished product in a unmarked squeeze tube with paperwork .

Is it important to use Pyrex containers due to the heat ? I have never tried this but worry with the alcohol involved if a jar cracks from heat .

I believe it would be safer to use stainless. A pan with a good fitting cover. In case of fire you might be able to deal with the fire just by putting the cover on.

What type of fire extinguisher should you have just in case and this is done outside for venting fumes in a place where fire could not spread - correct ?

I keep a powder based fire extinguisher on hand. Outdoors is a very good idea. And even if you are outside, it's a good idea to have a small fan pointed directly at the liquid.

PLEASE keep it safe with this. I DON'T want to hear about anyone setting themselves on fire!!

Assume nothing when other disabled patients are reading the boards . Watching the film by Phoenix Tears should be done first if someone hasn't done that or read safety tips for this process which is dangerous . I believe in freedom but if they ever get the law worked out this is one item I would pay someone to do for me . Just drop off a legal weight amount and pick up the finished product in a unmarked squeeze tube with paperwork .

Makes sense to me. This oil should be being made in a professional setting. Someday it may be.

Archived