Medicine-Friendly Therapists?

First of all, hello! This is my first time on this site and I specifically came here to ask a certain question. I have been seeing a therapist for about a year now and have been a medical patient for a while longer than that. Every therapist, psychiatrist, and counselor I have seen has told me that I need to quit using the medicine that I choose to consume - Marijuana. I need to find one who won't immediately jump to that conclusion before even talking to me.

I've been using marijuana for about 5 years now. At one point I was using about 2 oz per month in order to control the pain from my scoliosis along with the nausea I feel from several gastrointestinal issues I have. I have also been diagnosed with clinical depression and bi-polar disorder and when I use marijuana frequently, I experience a drastic reduction in symptoms. However, about 2 years ago, I started to get panic attacks whenever I smoked. I thought it might be time for a break, but I can't stand the way not consuming makes me feel. I am irritable, nervous, high strung, nauseous, I don't eat, don't sleep well, and I'm in almost constant pain from the scoliosis. I was prescribed several medications, but they don't help nearly as much as marijuana did. I need to find a counselor who will help me be able to use the medicine I need without having panic attacks.

I live in Clinton Township, and I would love to have suggestions as to who I can see in my area.

I think you should think about one - changing up your stain and two - getting on simpson oil as it has been a better pain killer than smoking for me. It's also been more economical for me to use the oil vs smoking and definitely better results. You might have to talk to a few growers/caregivers/dispensaries whatever or do research to find out what other people use. Using a combo of strains might also help. I don't have scoliosis but I do have chronic pain for over a decade. It hurts in my bones, my muscles, and sometimes my GD hair! The oil has been a lifesaver and you might find the paranoia goes away while using it.

Don't give up. As far as the therapist, well that I can't help with. I find therapists have their own slants and attitudes and probably need to light up once in a while, lol.

Get the right strain, combo, or form, and you might find these therapist visits just aren't that necessary. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice! The reason I'm hoping to get back to using actual green is that my father is my caregiver so I get wicked discounts haha. And I'm not positive, but I've got to assume that the panic attacks are psychological in nature. I mean, how can I go from 2 oz/month to feeling like this from just THINKING about smoking?

Archived