Message From The Legislature - Please Read

I have worked at the capitol for several years now. Many issues have passed through here in that time. However, medical marihuana is one personal to me. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer last year and she is a registered Michigan Medical Marihuana patient. I believe in this program! I do not want my mother to die at such an early age and have hope this will help her. However, having said that, I must also say that the reason for this post is that I am totally disgusted with the vast majority of the leadership within this movement. I have watched and listened in amazement as virtually every leader or group representing medical marihuana who comes to the capitol are here to advance their own personal agendas. They do so using the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act and it's participants as bargaining chips.

I could no longer remain silent. I had to be sure the common people within this movement were aware of what is really happening when your leaders come to Lansing to "fight for you."

I could not sleep at night if I thought this was happening and all of you were unaware. It is sad, but one of my friends said they had overheard some of the representatives talking after a small group had left and she was appalled. She knows how ill my mother is and how hopeful our family is regarding medical marihuana. She said they were laughing and saying how funny it was that "these guys are definitely all about the money." She said they were saying the people in that group didn't give a sh*t about medical marihuana or sick people. That they only cared about how much money they could make off dispensaries. There must have been a lawyer in the group according to her because of something they had said referring to him "wanting to join them" or "be one of them" by moving up the ladder and this issue being a feather in his hat if he delivered? If you know what that means I hope it helps you in this fight. She said they were also laughing about how split this movement was and that the leader on this site was fighting to stop everything when everyone else was fighting so hard to change everything.

I cannot come forward. It would cost me everything. Right now, my mother is counting on me financially so I am doing the only thing I can do. I am here telling you all that you cannot trust what the groups coming to Lansing meeting with your representatives are saying and doing. One other thing she said was one of them had said they didn't think the lawyers wanted things to settle down because they were making so much money from the court cases. From everything I have heard and witnessed I think it's true. Personally, I think the groups and leaders meeting with the representatives are actually trying to make it worse for patients and their caregiver. The buzz around here is dispensaries in, caregivers out. My friend said the only one she had heard that did not want any changes to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act was a Marine who was the leader on the michiganmedicalmarijuana.org site. She said he came up here with a stack of folders and a presentation showing how the legislators could address their concerns without passing any bills or making any changes to the Act as it was passed by the voters. She said they had been impressed by his knowledge but that everyone else who had met with them wanted change. Apparently that included the lawyer who had been with him as they had laughed about the lawyer saying something different and being with someone different every time they saw him.

There have been many instances in which either I personally witnessed an incident or conversation or someone I know did. I do not want the alternative of medical marihuana taken away from my mother or any of the thousands who need or want this option. I do not know what else to do other than provide you with the information which I have gleaned from working in close proximity to the "players" in Lansing.

I, personally, among others are praying for this movements success.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I know who that Marine is and he and this Grunt are headed to Lansing tomorrow to fight for exactly that. For them to leave this law alone and implement as its written. It is very clear in its entirety. Im a little unsure of the anonymousness of the letter. It could really be just about anyone. If "Michigan Representative" would like to send me an e-mail, i would certainly like to talk with them. Medcnman.

Thank you for your words, we Here on the 3MA are right with you! your post has confirmed much of what Many of us here have felt, Alot of those players are in the game, but only worried about their own contract with in the game.

We are fighting every day to stop any changes to the MMM Act, and force the State to fully implement the Law, which will eliminate nearly all of the purposed "Grey Areas" the law is said to hold....

So Michael K is trying to sell us all down the river???? What is that all about??

there are Many Lawyers in the Game. I highly Doubt Mr. Komorn is one of them....

there are Many Lawyers in the Game. I highly Doubt Mr. Komorn is one of them....

I too find that hard to believe. What does't make sense is she says the lawyer was with the Marine from the MichiganMedicalMarijuana.org group. Seems like the Marine could only be BB. Maybe he had a MACC lawyer with him??

well - it was a compliment -

"My friend said the only one she had heard that did not want any changes to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act was a Marine who was the leader on the michiganmedicalmarijuana.org site. She said he came up here with a stack of folders and a presentation showing how the legislators could address their concerns without passing any bills or making any changes to the Act as it was passed by the voters. She said they had been impressed by his knowledge but that everyone else who had met with them wanted change. Apparently that included the lawyer who had been with him as they had laughed about the lawyer saying something different and being with someone different every time they saw him.

"Personally, I think the groups and leaders meeting with the representatives are actually trying to make it worse for patients and their caregiver. The buzz around here is dispensaries in, caregivers out."

Personally- that has been the rumor for years, and yes- there are other players in the 'game'.

The MMMA will not allow the Act to be reopened and changed. We do not support ANY of the bills to ADMEND to the Act. This is what we meant by "no change". We have always fought against dispensaries monopolizing the MMMP - it has to be in the people's control. That is why we push for Farmer's markets - and again- we don't want the gov involved in that either.

MY POV.

DN

DN

This person is describing me and is not saying that Michael has said or done anything that is contrary to our cause. My presentation did oppose any changes to the Act. Thanks, bb

Corrected then, and I know Mike myself - he has a personal business venture that I am aware of - it has nothing to do with dispensaries. he is a lawyer and a business man, but he knows who side he has to be on.

DN

BB,

Can you accept the part of the letter that you like as truth and reject the part you do not like as false? I would question the entire post as being not factual, but rather written to drive a wedge between the 3MA and Michael

It is a common tactic, we are used to it. You should also be aware of the tactics they use to divide the MMM community.

Lets chill! ; )

DN

dispensaries need to leave the patients and caregivers alone, If they want a store they should put a bill up to allow them, Not mess with the law as it is, add their own bill separate from this Act,

Well that is the problem - instead of asking for a bill for a dispensary, they play a end game.

"We need to protect people from house fires, we need to only allow 10 people licensed by the state to grow marijuana"

Thats a common line dispensaries use - when they want to control the grow and transfers of marijuana.

"Kids are at risk, we need to have a pharmacy style system to distribute medical marijuana"

Again - fear tactic to make people think - we need them to control the process we grow and obtain this organic medicine.

DN

I have worked at the capitol for several years now. Many issues have passed through here in that time. However, medical marihuana is one personal to me. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer last year and she is a registered Michigan Medical Marihuana patient. I believe in this program! I do not want my mother to die at such an early age and have hope this will help her. However, having said that, I must also say that the reason for this post is that I am totally disgusted with the vast majority of the leadership within this movement. I have watched and listened in amazement as virtually every leader or group representing medical marihuana who comes to the capitol are here to advance their own personal agendas. They do so using the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act and it's participants as bargaining chips.

I could no longer remain silent. I had to be sure the common people within this movement were aware of what is really happening when your leaders come to Lansing to "fight for you."

I could not sleep at night if I thought this was happening and all of you were unaware. It is sad, but one of my friends said they had overheard some of the representatives talking after a small group had left and she was appalled. She knows how ill my mother is and how hopeful our family is regarding medical marihuana. She said they were laughing and saying how funny it was that "these guys are definitely all about the money." She said they were saying the people in that group didn't give a sh*t about medical marihuana or sick people. That they only cared about how much money they could make off dispensaries. There must have been a lawyer in the group according to her because of something they had said referring to him "wanting to join them" or "be one of them" by moving up the ladder and this issue being a feather in his hat if he delivered? If you know what that means I hope it helps you in this fight. She said they were also laughing about how split this movement was and that the leader on this site was fighting to stop everything when everyone else was fighting so hard to change everything.

I cannot come forward. It would cost me everything. Right now, my mother is counting on me financially so I am doing the only thing I can do. I am here telling you all that you cannot trust what the groups coming to Lansing meeting with your representatives are saying and doing. One other thing she said was one of them had said they didn't think the lawyers wanted things to settle down because they were making so much money from the court cases. From everything I have heard and witnessed I think it's true. Personally, I think the groups and leaders meeting with the representatives are actually trying to make it worse for patients and their caregiver. The buzz around here is dispensaries in, caregivers out. My friend said the only one she had heard that did not want any changes to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act was a Marine who was the leader on the michiganmedicalmarijuana.org site. She said he came up here with a stack of folders and a presentation showing how the legislators could address their concerns without passing any bills or making any changes to the Act as it was passed by the voters. She said they had been impressed by his knowledge but that everyone else who had met with them wanted change. Apparently that included the lawyer who had been with him as they had laughed about the lawyer saying something different and being with someone different every time they saw him.

There have been many instances in which either I personally witnessed an incident or conversation or someone I know did. I do not want the alternative of medical marihuana taken away from my mother or any of the thousands who need or want this option. I do not know what else to do other than provide you with the information which I have gleaned from working in close proximity to the "players" in Lansing.

I, personally, among others are praying for this movements success.

Thank you so very much for your honesty, I for one appreciate it.

Now, most importantly is your mother. Get her on the Simpson Oil, that is her best chance. Get in touch with the one on here known as peanutbutter, maybe he can help you with the oil. If not, I am from Big Rapids, maybe I can help you, pm me. Get your mother legal as fast as you can.

That's all that I have for you, again, thank you for your honest post. Good luck to your mom (My wife's mother died from cancer, she would not even listen to us when we told her about the great potential of cannabis).

There were many whom truly believed this wasn't just about the money . In fact many are still out there who feel that way . I know I have been helped without regard to making a buck at times but everyone has to have money .

Those most interested in patients do want as many safe legal sources as possible out there with a viable cash market for cannabis . . They want blanket protections for patients and caregivers from criminal arrest for medical use and it's required behaviors which require transfers between program participants to work properly .There is no need to create problems for those whom fall out standards which never apply to everyone by creating more rules or restrictions which force people into jails or off the program .. Some people can die from a bee sting while others can tolerate all but the harshest of attacks from a hive . The same applies to medical cannabis use people have extremely varied needs and the less is more theory means nothing if a level is set that doesn't relieve a patients symptoms to where they can function and are feeling as best as they can . We have to stop thinking in terms of criminality , punishment , standardization ( dosing ) and labeling others with abuse in all laws and how we treat others who use drugs legally or illegally for everyones benefit , comfort and to save lives .

If Lansing wanted to make a law to help they would protect patients from retaliation in ER's , Hospitals , Pain Clinics and even jails from having normal treatment or medications abruptly halted or denied in a timely fashion due to involvement with the program . It can take a slow taper for up to two years for many to with- drawl safely off some of these medications prescribed and people do die that fall outside normal parameters of withdrawal . I know a person whose bowels and diaphram spasam so bad they can't breath or vacate waste becoming toxic . It can be pure hell but even then cannabis can help some its all volunatary . Only prohibition is forced . People who have harsh mental pain from medications and withdrawal do not receive enough respect and comfort our State is sadly lacking . Patients need protections not more reasons to be removed from the program , end up in court and jailed . Hopefully our legislators will wise up and avoid being swayed to create legislation that supports personal profits or more restriction to cannabis because there is plenty of need for law which would only help patients who need safe access with wide discretion to care for themselves properly . Especially as our health care system becomes slower to react , more unmanageable and displays a " Jim Crow " mentality as over the counter safe patient grown medical cannabis is phased in . Your Mother is in our prayers as are all patients . It is sad those who are not sick canot understand how serious this topic is for some and how terrible it is criminality enters into the picture at all .

Edited by Croppled1

should be easy enough to figure out

why is it necessary? let the person be... they wanted to give a heads up out of consideration... and have reason to otherwise stay anonymous. cool enough. their first post was actually a compliment for bb's sincerity, as dm pointed out.

none of this seems to be new info anyway... wasn't there a previous thread here warning of the powers that be working w lobbying groups to serve their private business interests? and the lawyer groups in ca & co have already attempted to make hay during this period of legal transition... as business people. not saying komorn isn't a good guy, but it is historical fact that many of his peers aren't. nothing new here.

Edited by CleanD

Keep money out of the marijuana debate!!

Look what money has already done. It has caused death, corruption, and the tearing apart of societies. It is the main reason why the debate about this marvelous plant has taken on such a feverish pitch. Eliminate the money aspect and debate this substance simply on its merits and demerits. Leave money out of the argument. This substance deserves an honest debate without the corrupting influence of the almighty dollar.

If cannabis were allowed to be grown freely and without limits, people would be able to easily grow more than they would ever need for FREE.

I know that the argument is that the substance needs to be "controlled", but I (and many others) think that if an honest and open debate were held, people would come to the conclusion that education would go a lot further than restriction in dealing with any perceived "problems" that this substance would cause society. All of the arguments currently used by cannabis prohibitionists are based on faulty logic or outright fabricated evidence.

Thank you for taking the time to post on the MMMA board.

The problem our community has is the state refuses to obey the law.

The ID cards not being printed in the time required by law has NEVER, after three years, been done. NEVER.

New medical condition hearings are required to begin six months after the law went into effect. NEVER obeyed by the state.

The ability to use the medical defense in court. Officials have conspired behind the scenes to eliminate this command of the voters.

Most of us simply wish the state would obey the law. It refuses to do so.

There is zero hope that the state will obey any new law. Why would passing any new law be any better?

What is worse, is that new laws will tend to legally justify this criminal activity, of the state.

So who do we have? Who is going to force the state to obey the law? Bill Schuette.

There are criminal penalties that have been built into our law for officials that commit certain acts. Examples of these crimes exist all over the state. Officials commit criminal acts against our community. Yet the criminal sections of our law has never been enforced. Not one single time.

If we try to talk to our elected representatives, we run a serious risk of being placed on some sort of list.

We need a location where we can file a complaint. And in doing so, expect the complaint to be seriously investigated. And we need to be protected if we do complain.

We're sick people that probably couldn't survive the next encounter with law enforcement.

I'm a cancer patient. Bladder cancer. Friday night my bp spiked to 222/144. How much longer I can fight, I just don't know.

The state needs to look at the existing lack of state obedience to the voters. Officials complain about a patient having a extra plant. They should take a very serious look at the states own, complete, refusal to obey the law.