Message From The Legislature - Please Read

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know what this is?? why do we have to PAY?

I think that a few in the legislature are using a couple of bad apples to try to eliminate the caregiver system. They are considering replacing the caregiver system with a dispensary model. The medical marijuana haters are basically using straw men to attack the law. That is my guess.

What they fail to see is those breaking the law are not protected by the law and only law abiding citizens follow the law, not criminals. So criminal behavior can not be curbed with laws. Criminals are created with new laws.

The Feds do not like the Dispensary System , the state should understand this, and keep the Patient growing and caregiver growing, I do not think any reps want there name on a Dispensary Bill

They just want all felons not to caregive, which is wrong a felon should be able to caregive for a famly member,

I talked with my representative on Wednsday afternoon.. I told him his constituents in my area do not want changes to this law.. I told him that The local LEO were not following the law and were persecuting ppl for not having cards but those ppl had paperwork. I told him the law needed to be implemented not changed.. He informed me that he wanted Marihuana legal. And that there was absolutely nothing that the representatives could do to change the law. That it would not be touched because it couldnt be.. I asked him about these new bills being considered. He informed me that This was just an attempt to clear up the grey areas.. I told him there were not any grey areas.. The language on the ballot was clear that the voters wanted Registered and unregistered patients to be protected from persecution. I told him the distribution was clear and that the writers wanted Cgs to grow and distribute MM to patients and readingthe law in its entirety clearly revealed this.. He asked me why the writers werent coming forth saying this? He seemed to revel in letting me know the writers were not for us.. Karen?????????????????? could you clear this up for us???????????????? before more sick ppl are hurt..

I talked with my representative on Wednsday afternoon.. I told him his constituents in my area do not want changes to this law.. I told him that The local LEO were not following the law and were persecuting ppl for not having cards but those ppl had paperwork. I told him the law needed to be implemented not changed.. He informed me that he wanted Marihuana legal. And that there was absolutely nothing that the representatives could do to change the law. That it would not be touched because it couldnt be.. I asked him about these new bills being considered. He informed me that This was just an attempt to clear up the grey areas.. I told him there were not any grey areas.. The language on the ballot was clear that the voters wanted Registered and unregistered patients to be protected from persecution. I told him the distribution was clear and that the writers wanted Cgs to grow and distribute MM to patients and readingthe law in its entirety clearly revealed this.. He asked me why the writers werent coming forth saying this? He seemed to revel in letting me know the writers were not for us.. Karen?????????????????? could you clear this up for us???????????????? before more sick ppl are hurt..

Sounds like a very good meeting. Keep up the good work!!

Thank you Annnie for your efforts. There are a number of people beside Karen that take some credit for writing the law. Karen was the general drafter, then it was tailored to fit Michigan law better by local activist and lawyers.

Plain and simple... the STATE WANTS TIGHTER CONTROL over WHO, HOW and WHERE people get their meds... the issue is no more difficult to see than that obvious fact.

The legislators in Lansing are are doing what they are doing because they DON'T LIKE the MMM Act.

The MMM Act could have been written a 1000 times differently and Lansing STILL would not have liked it.

And the STATE is looking at dispensaries because they are grasping at anything they can, that they think will give them the control they are seeking.

But be assured,,, the STATE is not going to give up on changing the MMM Act any way they can, EVEN if dispensaries are not allowed.

And some in Lansing will not give up on getting rid of the MMM Act EVEN IF dispensaries ARE allowed.

Any way you look at it... this is going to be a long, drawnout affair... like it or not.

Let's do what we do best. Present the facts and make them defy the truth. Dispensaries should not be part of the debate. Let's not give the legislature that distraction. Thanks, Bb

I want more teeth re our law. Penalties for violations by officials clearly against those persons protected by this act. Triple damages or something like that. Something that stops them from harvesting blood money from patients.

Motivate officials to understand this law.

I think that could be passes by a 50% vote. As it doesn't modify the act itself.

Another one that could go into place without changing our existing law:

Something like.

It has been shown that the state of Michigan has collected fees beyond that required to administer the Medical Marihuana Program (MMP).

Between the start of acceptance of applications and (insert date here) the state collected (xxx) fees and used (xxx) of those fees to administer the program.

Thus $10.xxx million dollars were over charged.

Return of these excess fees shall be done this way:

Renewals and new applications shall be free of fees until the excess has been refunded.

end plug ..

Free ID cards for the next several years.

I want more teeth re our law. Penalties for violations by officials clearly against those persons protected by this act. Triple damages or something like that. Something that stops them from harvesting blood money from patients.

Motivate officials to understand this law.

I think that could be passes by a 50% vote. As it doesn't modify the act itself.

I am not sure more teeth in the law would do any good. As long as the chief law enforcement officer in the state encourages officers to ignore the written protections, there really are no protections....unless the courts rules otherwise.

If the AG breaks the patient protection laws written into the MMMAct, who will prosecute him? Who will prosecute any official for breaking state cannabis laws? Local prosecutors in Michigan? The Feds? The Michigan Legislature? I think we have seen who has stepped forward to prosecute.

I have been dismayed by the the lack of involvement by the MPP. They could have saved a lot of suffering by interjecting themselves into the argument. More than that to save the people who have been subjected to the brutality of the legal system. Karen drafted it and local attorneys refined it. The MPP is interjecting itself now not to defend the law but to win a dispensary Bill. I am hopeful that they will step forward and help save this law for sick people. The two issues are separate. I don't want the dispensary issue to be argued the expense of the Act or even while the Act is being defended. We must focus the argument and bring to bare all of our tools to prevail. So MPP, please help us defend this law. We are fighting with all of our might but would appreciate the help. Thanks, Bb

Blueberry, I have no shame, let me explain. Earlier this week I received a letter from Marijuana Policy Project asking for donations. I replied with this: I noticed that you left out the effort of Michiganders to get legalization on the ballot in 2012, are you not informed about the situation here for us medical cannabis patients. Our Atty Gen is making life very difficult for us by his interpretation of the peoples law.

I was just wondering why you left us out of your letter today?

My next letter, the one I wrote after reading your post looks like this: Hi Leah, We need your help now, infact, Mr. Joe Cain (President of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association), has just made a post in our forum asking for your help publicly. Here is a link to that thread: http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/37518-message-from-the-legislature-please-read/page__st__60

Best Regards,

John

I'm going to save this one and await your approval to click send, please don't take to long to answer as I am trigger happy (it's your fault)!

Blueberry, I have no shame, let me explain. Earlier this week I received a letter from Marijuana Policy Project asking for donations. I replied with this: I noticed that you left out the effort of Michiganders to get legalization on the ballot in 2012, are you not informed about the situation here for us medical cannabis patients. Our Atty Gen is making life very difficult for us by his interpretation of the peoples law.

I was just wondering why you left us out of your letter today?

My next letter, the one I wrote after reading your post looks like this: Hi Leah, We need your help now, infact, Mr. Joe Cain (President of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association), has just made a post in our forum asking for your help publicly. Here is a link to that thread: http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/37518-message-from-the-legislature-please-read/page__st__60

Best Regards,

John

I'm going to save this one and await your approval to click send, please don't take to long to answer as I am trigger happy (it's your fault)!

I wrote to her too.. I asked her why the representative would be implying MPP is not on our side on the issue of pt/cg model..

Wonders never cease. I see people complaining about the MPP. Did anyone from 3MA take the time to meet w/ them when they were here two weeks ago? Both Karen OKeefe and Dan Riffle from the MPP were presenters at the "National and State Marijuana Reform" symposium on 1/27 at Wayne State. Previously my only knowledge of them was reading their website. I had the opportunity to have breakfast w/ Karen and discuss some of the wording in the act. She was very open to discussing the history of the wording and what the MPP is or is not doing right now.

I guess my point is everyone needs to spend less time complaining to the choir and get out there and complain in person to your state reps and senators.

I have worked at the capitol for several years now. Many issues have passed through here in that time. However, medical marihuana is one personal to me. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer last year and she is a registered Michigan Medical Marihuana patient. I believe in this program! I do not want my mother to die at such an early age and have hope this will help her. However, having said that, I must also say that the reason for this post is that I am totally disgusted with the vast majority of the leadership within this movement. I have watched and listened in amazement as virtually every leader or group representing medical marihuana who comes to the capitol are here to advance their own personal agendas. They do so using the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act and it's participants as bargaining chips.

I could no longer remain silent. I had to be sure the common people within this movement were aware of what is really happening when your leaders come to Lansing to "fight for you."

I could not sleep at night if I thought this was happening and all of you were unaware. It is sad, but one of my friends said they had overheard some of the representatives talking after a small group had left and she was appalled. She knows how ill my mother is and how hopeful our family is regarding medical marihuana. She said they were laughing and saying how funny it was that "these guys are definitely all about the money." She said they were saying the people in that group didn't give a sh*t about medical marihuana or sick people. That they only cared about how much money they could make off dispensaries. There must have been a lawyer in the group according to her because of something they had said referring to him "wanting to join them" or "be one of them" by moving up the ladder and this issue being a feather in his hat if he delivered? If you know what that means I hope it helps you in this fight. She said they were also laughing about how split this movement was and that the leader on this site was fighting to stop everything when everyone else was fighting so hard to change everything.

I cannot come forward. It would cost me everything. Right now, my mother is counting on me financially so I am doing the only thing I can do. I am here telling you all that you cannot trust what the groups coming to Lansing meeting with your representatives are saying and doing. One other thing she said was one of them had said they didn't think the lawyers wanted things to settle down because they were making so much money from the court cases. From everything I have heard and witnessed I think it's true. Personally, I think the groups and leaders meeting with the representatives are actually trying to make it worse for patients and their caregiver. The buzz around here is dispensaries in, caregivers out. My friend said the only one she had heard that did not want any changes to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act was a Marine who was the leader on the michiganmedicalmarijuana.org site. She said he came up here with a stack of folders and a presentation showing how the legislators could address their concerns without passing any bills or making any changes to the Act as it was passed by the voters. She said they had been impressed by his knowledge but that everyone else who had met with them wanted change. Apparently that included the lawyer who had been with him as they had laughed about the lawyer saying something different and being with someone different every time they saw him.

There have been many instances in which either I personally witnessed an incident or conversation or someone I know did. I do not want the alternative of medical marihuana taken away from my mother or any of the thousands who need or want this option. I do not know what else to do other than provide you with the information which I have gleaned from working in close proximity to the "players" in Lansing.

I, personally, among others are praying for this movements success.

After a few days of thinking about this post,I looked up the meaning of representative.

A state representative helps people and tries to move society forward and also trys to make society a better place for all people to live in. Some of the responsibililites of a state representative are:

1. Vote on laws.

2. Assist people with constituent services.

3. Try to improve the communities they represent.

4. Protect the taxpayers money by making sure tax dollars are spent on education, affordable housing, reasonable transportation, fire and police protection, etc.

If communities do not have strong representatives that listen to the voice of the people, you end up with representatives that dictate their own goals and agendas, and represent special interest groups that give them money.

A state rep should also have had a strong background in community involvement and advocacy prior to becoming a state representative. This service need not have been on a political level but one should be able to look at their history and see that this is a person that cares for the well-being of others and have made positive contributions and is unselfish.

While staying in the shadows how are you improving the lives of the ppl you represent? Many of us have put our lives,our lively hood all for the sake of this law,many of us have lived the past three years in fear of our doors being busted down. I'm praying you step forward and HELP us,you have your foot in the door,these ppl know you on a personal level and may look at this law in a different light because of you. I'm not judging you or your decisions in not coming forward,I'm just asking questions. Every movement has fractures in it,our own govt is fractured all over the place,but let it be known that the leadership within the 3MMMa has NEVER wavered,they work endlessly to protect the law that the good people of MI voted in. They sacrifice themselves for us. In fact they would make good state representatives. Maybe it hasnt been your time to walk the edge with us,but maybe the time is now.Peace

After a few days of thinking about this post,I looked up the meaning of representative.

A state representative helps people and tries to move society forward and also trys to make society a better place for all people to live in. Some of the responsibililites of a state representative are:

1. Vote on laws.

2. Assist people with constituent services.

3. Try to improve the communities they represent.

4. Protect the taxpayers money by making sure tax dollars are spent on education, affordable housing, reasonable transportation, fire and police protection, etc.

If communities do not have strong representatives that listen to the voice of the people, you end up with representatives that dictate their own goals and agendas, and represent special interest groups that give them money.

A state rep should also have had a strong background in community involvement and advocacy prior to becoming a state representative. This service need not have been on a political level but one should be able to look at their history and see that this is a person that cares for the well-being of others and have made positive contributions and is unselfish.

While staying in the shadows how are you improving the lives of the ppl you represent? Many of us have put our lives,our lively hood all for the sake of this law,many of us have lived the past three years in fear of our doors being busted down. I'm praying you step forward and HELP us,you have your foot in the door,these ppl know you on a personal level and may look at this law in a different light because of you. I'm not judging you or your decisions in not coming forward,I'm just asking questions. Every movement has fractures in it,our own govt is fractured all over the place,but let it be known that the leadership within the 3MMMa has NEVER wavered,they work endlessly to protect the law that the good people of MI voted in. They sacrifice themselves for us. In fact they would make good state representatives. Maybe it hasnt been your time to walk the edge with us,but maybe the time is now.Peace

Bump

• 1 month later...

I would definantly keep this persons identity 100% confidential!! I havent received an e-mail yet but if "Michigan Representative" would like to, please know that it will be kept confidential. I will be at the House of Representatives at 3:30 this afternoon. With a little notice I can be there earlier if "Michigan Representative" would like to have a meeting. Just e-mail me your office number and I will come see you. Please, we obviously could use your assistance. Thank you, Medcnman.

Ditto!

Edit lol not as in email me just agreeing with Medcnman and his comment. :)

I hope your mother gets better by the way and you may think about watching the movie " running from the cure" the Rick Simpson story. The oil has been doing amazing things with cancer patients so if you would like more info feel free to pm me and I'll get you the links and explain more. All of my patients have cancer so if I can help at all I will.

This law was voted in for your mother, for my patients, for me and thousands of other very, very, sick people. That's all this group does is protect the sick. We're fighting for your mother as well and we will not give up untill she and they are protected. You'll not here us asking for money and looking to make money we're just here to protect your mother by protecting the law as written.

I looked at it again and the first post has the name spelled incorrectly. He probably saw that and corrected it.

It's so odd because if you look at Today's active content and look at the thread starter the name has the word 'represenative' misspelled but it is not misspelled next to the posts in the thread or in the profile.

It's so odd because if you look at Today's active content and look at the thread starter the name has the word 'represenative' misspelled but it is not misspelled next to the posts in the thread or in the profile.

This post was started when he first joined I think in February. :) When I first looked I was like I smell a rat, then I looked a bit closer on the dates and misspelling then it made more sense.

This post was started when he first joined I think in February. :) When I first looked I was like I smell a rat, then I looked a bit closer on the dates and misspelling then it made more sense.

But how could one account show up in two Thread Starter links spelled differently at the same time? They were allowed to change their username and it didn't update their old posts I suppose.

But how could one account show up in two Thread Starter links spelled differently at the same time? They were allowed to change their username and it didn't update their old posts I suppose.

You would think ti would update all of them wouldn't you? Maybe someone will see this and have that answer.

Archived