Is Any Patient Or Caregiver Allowed In Another Caregivers Grow Room

If the caregiver doesn't live on the property of the grow....but a patient does, should that patient be under the caregivers patients? Or does it matter if the patient that lives at the grow is his own caregiver.

basically...is any patient or caregiver allowed in another caregivers grow room?

I feel like it looks better if the home owner/patient is a patient of the caregiver that is growing there. no?

No one other than the person licensed to grow the marihuana is allowed in the room!

The reason for this is that if an unauthorized person was allowed in the room, they would see actual marihuana growing! If they see the marihuana growing, they might want to find out what the effects of ingesting it would be and then there would be another informed citizen in the world. It is clear that preventing citizens from viewing actual marihuana growing will help curtail the proliferation of this "dangerous" drug.

At least that is how it appears why "they" do not want unauthorized people in the grow area. Adults cannot be trusted to control themselves while in the presence of a schedule 1 controlled substance.

nobody is allowed in my facility but me.

bottom line is it is arguable that only you and your patient should have access to the plants, but if u have more than one pt, or are growing more than 12 plants, then you may inadvertently allow one pt access to another persons plants...

arguably not cool....

is it allowed? good question..

short answer would have to be no.

my humble opinion is.... only i go in my rooms.. no one else ever crosses the threshold of the entrance...look but dont touch kinda thing, that way i am ubber safe and covered to the maximum extent of the act.

actually, the law states: http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(zz2gjx55lo0vr055fhqw1l3j))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-333-26424

(i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana.

and i believe it was discussed by matt abel recently on tv, but basically, people are protected in the vicinity of medical use. if your neighbor comes into your house say due to a fire in your absence, and is able to put the fire out, he isnt going to be arrested for being in your grow. same holds true with your spouse, a contractor, (we have to follow rules , codes etc. i cant run a 240 line to my grow room...)or perhaps a nurse that comes to visit, or another grower/gardener that comes for a consult.

just my opinion of course, but its pretty simple.

none the less, this isn't someone visiting to put out a fire. This is someone living there. The person living there should probably be a patient under the caregiver thats growing there.......no?

What if the person living there was a patient and a caregiver and had one operation, locked and enclosed from the other person....and the other person/caregiver had an operation also locked sand enclosed from that persons op. so really they cold be allowed 144 if they were decked out caregivers, but for federal purposes kept it at 100. would that sound safe??

Edited by L's

actually, the law states: http://www.legislatu...e=mcl-333-26424

(i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana.

and i believe it was discussed by matt abel recently on tv, but basically, people are protected in the vicinity of medical use. if your neighbor comes into your house say due to a fire in your absence, and is able to put the fire out, he isnt going to be arrested for being in your grow. same holds true with your spouse, a contractor, (we have to follow rules , codes etc. i cant run a 240 line to my grow room...)or perhaps a nurse that comes to visit, or another grower/gardener that comes for a consult.

just my opinion of course, but its pretty simple.

Actually.....

the person who entered to put out the fire would be protected and not arrested...:thumbsu:

but u very well could be. :thumbsd:

it does not protect the grow owner from prosecution merely the individual who isn't the caregiver....:o

see it says they are protected while in the vicinity of "medical use" but... the plants grow area is not medical use.

it would be a long stretch to argue that anyone besides the caregiver had a purpose as intended by the law to be allowed in the vicinity of the growing plants themselves.

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION...to be allotted the maximum protection afforded by the ACT, then keep the plants locked up and out of reach from all people besides yourself...

Actually.....

the person who entered to put out the fire would be protected and not arrested...:thumbsu:

but u very well could be. :thumbsd:

it does not protect the grow owner from prosecution merely the individual who isn't the caregiver....:o

see it says they are protected while in the vicinity of "medical use" but... the plants grow area is not medical use.

it would be a long stretch to argue that anyone besides the caregiver had a purpose as intended by the law to be allowed in the vicinity of the growing plants themselves.

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION...to be allotted the maximum protection afforded by the ACT, then keep the plants locked up and out of reach from all people besides yourself...

well the plants will be locked up from the home owner...who is one of the caregivers patients....but is the home owner allowed to water the plants here and there if the cg isn't around?

well the plants will be locked up from the home owner...who is one of the caregivers patients....but is the home owner allowed to water the plants here and there if the cg isn't around?

if that's the case then i should assume the homeowner has retained his their plant rights and hired a caregiver to support and teach them, in this case yes, the homeowner-patient may help with the plants

however,

if a patient had some room in their basement but didn't wanna be a caregiver so they are allowing a different person to be a caregiver out of their home....and that caregiver is growing plants for more than the homeowner patient...

then....

NO WAY would i personally allow the homeowner access to the other patients plants...or for that matter as well if the homeowner signed plant rights over to the caregiver i wouldn't allow them in the plants vicinity either....that would most likely be construed as a violation.

each case is specific....but my personal policy has always been to error on the side of caution if there is any questions...

just my humble opinion....

good luck

be safe

be smart

be "under the wire"

out of sight out of mind is my 2012 life's philosophy

PEACE

• 3 weeks later...

No one ever seems to take into consideration...

[1] who takes care of grow when CG wants a Vacation or needs to leave for a few days or a week?

[2] who takes care of grow when CG gets sick themselves and cant take care of the grow?

[3] who can help when CG needs help trimming harvesting curing?

those are just THREE scenarios that are valid everyday

PEOPLE GET THE FLU

PEOPLE GO TO FUNERALS OUT OF STATE

PEOPLE NEED A BREAK-NEED A VACATION-or just want someone else to tend to the grow for awhile...

or hire someone to tend the plants because...

they are sick of it or their are others who can do a better job...

not all CG's can Grow good meds-it takes a special soul

or might have other issues like Legitimate Job & Family

church duties etc etc???????????????????????

who cares what the reasons are

-CGs are and should not /cant be chained to their rooms as it seems to be inferred by now-

its not fair!!!

plus this is a community and takes a community to...

*************************************************** BRING IN THE SHEAVES **************************************************************

(Original Framers of 3MA crafted all these protections into our law already)

Edited by MORE COWBELL

What if a person is on a lifting restriction can a delivery person or family friend lift his bales of grow soils help mix and put them in a corner of a room . I see no place in the wording where it is not permitted for a disabled individual to request assistance . Where is the wording saying no one else can have access with permission ? I know people on 5 pound weight restrictions that need help at times . The activity is doing them good there is no motivation to struggle through pain and suffering like growing your own pain relief . If they need a little help because their disabled or dieing why arrest them . People are often very immature and do not understand what it is like to be seriously chronically ill with no money ability to work or treatment solutions in site that help and are as safe as adjunctive care using cannabis . If you can use cannabis alone your even more fortunate and often healthier .

By the way Mitt Romney's lovely wife Ann has a great recipe for granola one can infuse and also great information on alternative therapy for MS and cancer . She seems to be doing well . You can find it and other information about her alternative medicine use on the net . No she doesn't use cannabis but maybe if patients who do are polite and find common ground with her alternative medicine use that seems to be working they might become more tolerant . It is not against Mormon Church law or others usually as long as it is legal where used ( Michigan ) and used for medical purposes . Sadly many Church elders are having trouble with change similar to our Courts a,many State Officials and Employees . 100 years after the Civil War Jim Crow laws were still being enforced and written .

This isn't hers but it is a good one if you access the site many patients are using their new found appetite to eat healthier . Soups like Campbell's Chunky are decent food if you need something to just heat and serve with all the major food groups often in them . Just twenty minutes of walking or sitting up a day if your bedridden or chair bound and able can help you become stronger and feel better .There are exercises for those unable to walk due to paralysis or other problems available on the net . If the Romney's believe in alternative therapy why can't they understand medical cannabis especially with thousands of years of anecdotal and empirical evidence . Why cant the understand how cruel jailing patients with multi year felonies and denying FDA medications , even transplants due to discriminatory implementation of the medical cannabis act under medical use is ?

http://www.tastespot...eetened-Granola

Edited by Croppled1

YES-Am I patient? YES-I have a assigned caregiver? YES-I check the box patient possesses plants? YES--Caregivers can assist patients.

Now as a patient that is allowed to possess his/her plants is the CG allowed to assist-YES Does it prohibit the PT from being in or involved in the grow-NO

Who is authorized: Are you capable of authorizing someone into your home?-YES Can a company authorize a man/woman to tour or take part in a procedure in a non-authorized area?-YES Is it up to a employer authorize employees to restricted areas?-YES Do you have to authorize police in you home grow?-NO (But you can if you chose to.) Would you just authorize Joe blow off the street?-NO

See where this is going? FREEDOM OF CHOICE. Kind-of. We are intelligent enough to know.

Sorry still wound up from the hearing.(mindset)

actually, the law states: http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(zz2gjx55lo0vr055fhqw1l3j))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-333-26424

YES-Am I patient? YES-I have a assigned caregiver? YES-I check the box patient possesses plants? YES--Caregivers can assist patients.

Now as a patient that is allowed to possess his/her plants is the CG allowed to assist-YES Does it prohibit the PT from being in or involved in the grow-NO

Who is authorized: Are you capable of authorizing someone into your home?-YES Can a company authorize a man/woman to tour or take part in a procedure in a non-authorized area?-YES Is it up to a employer authorize employees to restricted areas?-YES Do you have to authorize police in you home grow?-NO (But you can if you chose to.) Would you just authorize Joe blow off the street?-NO

See where this is going? FREEDOM OF CHOICE. Kind-of. We are intelligent enough to know.

Sorry still wound up from the hearing.(mindset)

The law seems pretty clear here. It says that "A person..." meaning any human being, can't be prosecuted for being in the vicinity of medical marijuana.

• 5 months later...

Yeah it's pretty clear no one can be charged, now if you were growing in another house I would assume it would have to be in your name, and locked with only you access to it, and then it still could be a gray area.

I'm curious if I moved do I have to update to my information right away, or can I transfer my plants legally to my new house/apartment until I register the new place, or how would I register a place I'm not sure where I would be moving too?

i would have to say as long as it was in a locked facility at all times, its not illegal for people to be in the vicinity of plants.

oh theres a FAQ on lara site, i guess you have 14 days to change your addy, altho this 14 day thing is not in the law..:

Question: Do I have to tell the MMMP if I change my mailing address or change my designated primary caregiver?

Answer: The answer to these questions is "yes". You are required to tell the MMMP in writing of any such changes within 14 days of the change. The MMMP does not accept changes of information over the telephone. The MMMP only accepts written changes about the patient's name, the patient's address, the patient's telephone number, the patient's physician, or the patient's primary caregiver. There is a $10.00 fee for issuance of a new registry card. Your new card reflects the changes you have requested. Your changes will be made in our computer database and will be put in your file. You will be protected from civil and criminal penalties for these changes. If you change your caregiver, you will be asked to return your old caregiver card within 14 days.

. Edited by teethpain

nobody is allowed in my facility but me.

bottom line is it is arguable that only you and your patient should have access to the plants, but if u have more than one pt, or are growing more than 12 plants, then you may inadvertently allow one pt access to another persons plants...

arguably not cool....

is it allowed? good question..

short answer would have to be no.

my humble opinion is.... only i go in my rooms.. no one else ever crosses the threshold of the entrance...look but dont touch kinda thing, that way i am ubber safe and covered to the maximum extent of the act.

did they already pass the house bills? if the bills were not passed yet the c.g and pt are both allowed to be in the grow room, only if you are registered together with the state, after bills pass, (if they pass as written) only the person with the plant rights is allowed in the grow room, as of rite now pt and c.g can be in there legaly! I would not let a cop see my grow room, unless cop was my pt lmao! only a search warrant is letting a cop in my room and gonna be under protest!

Peace

Jim

did they already pass the house bills? if the bills were not passed yet the c.g and pt are both allowed to be in the grow room, only if you are registered together with the state, after bills pass, (if they pass as written) only the person with the plant rights is allowed in the grow room, as of rite now pt and c.g can be in there legaly! I would not let a cop see my grow room, unless cop was my pt lmao! only a search warrant is letting a cop in my room and gonna be under protest!

Peace

Jim

as of rite now pt and c.g can be in there legaly!

this is the way i read the current law

if i assign my plant rights to a caregiver i would like to be able to atleast see my meds in growth stages

This will eventually boil down to plant count or usable amounts. IE a Pt is caught in a Grow area of a CG, and the Pt has ACCESS to more plants than allowed.

IMPO, My Grow ROOM (where plants and meds are growing and drying, and handy) is OUT OF BOUNDS for anyone not me.

Edited by Timmahh

This will eventually boil down to plant count or usable amounts. IE a Pt is caught in a Grow area of a CG, and the Pt has ACCESS to more plants than allowed.

IMPO, My Grow ROOM (where plants and meds are growing and drying, and handy) is OUT OF BOUNDS for anyone not me.

I hear ya but in my case it should read like this lol!

IMPO, My Grow ROOM (where plants and meds are growing and dying, and handy) is OUT OF BOUNDS for anyone butt me.

Peace

Jim