My Latest Letter To My State Rep And Senator

Aceman

I mailed the following letter to my State Rrepresentative and Senator. Also pasted it to the bulk mailer and sent it to all.

In the last 4 years, my life has changed in so many ways. My son graduated high school, spent 2 years at a vocational college, and now works at an independent auto repair facility nearby. Also, the economy tanked, my income dropped by almost $4000.00 a year, I had to file bankruptcy, and am in the process of losing my home of 8 years.

I also became a medical marijuana patient. When the law first passed, I noticed but didn’t think a lot about it. Then someone mentioned that I might benefit from it, due to my health conditions. Finally, in March of 2011, I applied for and was approved to be a medical marijuana patient and am allowed to possess plants.

I do not have a registered caregiver at this time, so I have depended on dispensaries and caregiver to patient transfers at a farmers market to procure my medicine. And this works well for myself and many other patients. We are not locked into “ONE” caregiver who may or not be providing for us in the manner in which was agreed. Or who may run short of medicine due to outside factors such as disease, weather emergencies, or any other problems that may affect the harvest. I grew up on a farm, and yes, indoor horticulture is different, but problems can occur.

The way I read S. B. 4850 is that I will no longer have that option if it passes. I will either have to sign up with a licensed caregiver, grow my own, or give up my medicine to stay legal. Medicine that works, as I have only missed 1 day of work due to my personal health issues since I started using medical marijuana, and I was averaging a week or more minimum per year prior to that.

And if S. B. 4854 passes, along with S. B. 4850, HOW will I even find a caregiver, as they will not be allowed to advertise their services? Are medical marijuana caregivers and patients Michigans Dirty Little Secret? Is that why some want to restrict caregivers from advertising to find patients?

If I decide to grow my own medicine, where is the reassurance that my doors won’t get kicked in some night by Law Enforcement, my property destroyed or confiscated, and myself end up in a jail cell?

I became a medical marijuana patient believing that A: the medicine would improve my quality of life, B: the law would protect me. I would now have to say that A: the medicine HAS improved the quality of my life, and B: From what I have heard and read, my rights as a patient may very well be violated at some point in the future.

THIS IS WRONG! The law should be left alone. We, the people, voted it in with 63% of the vote. Our government, and ALL parts of government, need to uphold the law, and not try to destroy the law. The government needs to uphold the law as it was written.

I do vote, and myself and many others are paying close attention as to who in government are for the people, and who in government who want to make ours lives even more dificult.

Please support the act in it’s entirety.

Thank You,

Don :))

Great letter Don! Thank you! Please keep us updated on responses that you receive. You may get auto-replys to your letter. If so. Make sure you follow up with a phone call or better yet, a face to face meeting! These reps need to hear form us and see us as what we are, Patients. We voted for our law as well as their carreers. They need to know, if they change our law instead of implementing it as it was clearly written, we will change their carreers instead of listening to their sob stories of why they decided to change our law. Its an election year. We, once again, have the power! All we want is what we voted for! Thank you friend . Medcnman.

Great letter Don! Thank you! Please keep us updated on responses that you receive. You may get auto-replys to your letter. If so. Make sure you follow up with a phone call or better yet, a face to face meeting! These reps need to hear form us and see us as what we are, Patients. We voted for our law as well as their carreers. They need to know, if they change our law instead of implementing it as it was clearly written, we will change their carreers instead of listening to their sob stories of why they decided to change our law. Its an election year. We, once again, have the power! All we want is what we voted for! Thank you friend . Medcnman.

You are very welcome!! Thank You!! :D

I mailed the following letter to my State Rrepresentative and Senator. Also pasted it to the bulk mailer and sent it to all.

In the last 4 years, my life has changed in so many ways. My son graduated high school, spent 2 years at a vocational college, and now works at an independent auto repair facility nearby. Also, the economy tanked, my income dropped by almost $4000.00 a year, I had to file bankruptcy, and am in the process of losing my home of 8 years.

I also became a medical marijuana patient. When the law first passed, I noticed but didn’t think a lot about it. Then someone mentioned that I might benefit from it, due to my health conditions. Finally, in March of 2011, I applied for and was approved to be a medical marijuana patient and am allowed to possess plants.

I do not have a registered caregiver at this time, so I have depended on dispensaries and caregiver to patient transfers at a farmers market to procure my medicine. And this works well for myself and many other patients. We are not locked into “ONE” caregiver who may or not be providing for us in the manner in which was agreed. Or who may run short of medicine due to outside factors such as disease, weather emergencies, or any other problems that may affect the harvest. I grew up on a farm, and yes, indoor horticulture is different, but problems can occur.

The way I read S. B. 4850 is that I will no longer have that option if it passes. I will either have to sign up with a licensed caregiver, grow my own, or give up my medicine to stay legal. Medicine that works, as I have only missed 1 day of work due to my personal health issues since I started using medical marijuana, and I was averaging a week or more minimum per year prior to that.

And if S. B. 4854 passes, along with S. B. 4850, HOW will I even find a caregiver, as they will not be allowed to advertise their services? Are medical marijuana caregivers and patients Michigans Dirty Little Secret? Is that why some want to restrict caregivers from advertising to find patients?

If I decide to grow my own medicine, where is the reassurance that my doors won’t get kicked in some night by Law Enforcement, my property destroyed or confiscated, and myself end up in a jail cell?

I became a medical marijuana patient believing that A: the medicine would improve my quality of life, B: the law would protect me. I would now have to say that A: the medicine HAS improved the quality of my life, and B: From what I have heard and read, my rights as a patient may very well be violated at some point in the future.

THIS IS WRONG! The law should be left alone. We, the people, voted it in with 63% of the vote. Our government, and ALL parts of government, need to uphold the law, and not try to destroy the law. The government needs to uphold the law as it was written.

I do vote, and myself and many others are paying close attention as to who in government are for the people, and who in government who want to make ours lives even more dificult.

Please support the act in it’s entirety.

Thank You,

Good job!!

Here is a reply I received from Mr Jase Bolger, State Representative, 63rd district via email.

Dear Donald,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office. I always enjoy hearing from concerned citizens and gathering their feedback.

The people of Michigan were clear in their intent when they passed the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA) in 2008. I have no desire to overturn the MMMA, or nullify the will of the people.

Unfortunately, the MMMA was written in such a manner that many important and unanswered questions have arisen from legitimate patients, caregivers, municipalities, law enforcement and many others. The ambiguities in the law have resulted in a great deal of litigation, and as a result, the need for the courts to step in and fill those gaps in the law.

Much like legislative policy changes often require multiple bills to properly resolve an issue, it is often - if not almost always - necessary for the legislature to provide a framework around a citizens' initiative like this to ensure fair and appropriate implementation of the citizens' adopted law.

There are many in the legislature and affected groups, who do not wish to see the MMMA be determined by constant changes and costly, protracted court battles. Therefore a bi-partisan group of legislators was put together to craft a legislative package to bring clarity to the MMMA. The intent is to ensure that legitimate patients have safe access, and that municipalities and law enforcement have a clear and consistent rather than a confusing patchwork framework for enforcement.

The workgroup recommendations will then head to the Judiciary Committee where the bills will be subject to an open and public debate, to create the best possible piece of legislation for the citizens of Michigan.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Regards,

Jase Bolger

State Representative

63rd District

(517) 373-1787

Has anyone else heard or read this? I haven't had the time to research what Mr Bolger wrote. I am very interested in the "open and public debate" part.

Archived