New Carpet Has To Go?

Hyhopes

well it can hold moisture if it gets wet, it ll be warm, and dark underneath the carpeting. could be a mold issue.

you could just lay visqueen down. get a good .6 mill up to a 1 mil plastic, and wrap up the walls a foot or so.. this will keep the water out of the carpeting, and save you from haveing to pull it up.

From the begining I planned on taking it out, I bought Gliden Floor & Porch paint to paint on the floor, and I will save the carpet. I guess I was hoping someone would tell me I didnt have to pull it even thought I knew better lol.

Thanks for feed back people,

Hyhopes

The visqueen is the best idea IMHO . I used to race bikes and lived with them inside . I did that to every place I rented . Landlords had a fit at first when they saw it . But I never brought gas in nor damaged a unit . You should be able to do the same . Just make sure you use painters no damage tape to seal the area up the walls . I used to double up the Visqueen you might want to put down reflective panda film over it then up the walls . If your lucky enough to have top molding you can carefully remove it and use temp tac wood strips to hold the Panda Film or Mylar up . Do the floor first then run the Film down lapped over hanging the sealed visqueen . Hopefully the Ceiling is painted white .

Edited by Croppled1