Stagnant Water

L's

if it smells bad, it is. if you've added nutes it won't take long. you need LOTS of air bubbles and it will keep indefinatly. I pump 14 l/min into my rez

what is 14 1/min?

will these pumps use a lot of electricity? If I can avoid pumping air into the pure ro water that would be nice.....save money on electricity and $ on air pumps. its just incase I run out of water to feed my soil plants. so i don't have to use straight hose water that is too cold and not ran thru my ro system

You want to run a air stone with a small (not to small) air pump, and no they don't use much electricity (pennies a day). I have a 32 Gal trash can in that fashion and it never goes bad. Won't affect your RO water. But air is a must.

what is 14 1/min?

will these pumps use a lot of electricity? If I can avoid pumping air into the pure ro water that would be nice.....save money on electricity and $ on air pumps. its just incase I run out of water to feed my soil plants. so i don't have to use straight hose water that is too cold and not ran thru my ro system

i/min=L/min= liter of air per minute

Also put a pond pump ( something with a decent flow, but not overboard) then a peice of pvc goin 1/2 to 2/3 the way up the rez, this will take the bottom to the top and create a much better circulation rather than only airation... if ur drum is a 55 gal id get 2 of the round cylinder like stones from your HYDRO store, there like 3 to 4 bucks and work great with a 15$ sunleaves 2 outlet air pump I had problems with my water to the point worms evolved, after doin this no more problems. Hope this helps!

As far as your backup water goes a med. sized dual outlet air pump w/two big air stones will be plenty. Weigh down your stones so they don't float.

? what size?

Nothing is using the O2 so you don't have to put much in, to keep it fresh

Archived