A Friendly Competition Anyone?

Medcnman

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, do i hear the cries for another, the 2nd, (now annual, eh)

SOLO CUP CHALLENGE

2cxdjf5.jpg

Here is a sample from last years that we can use as a baseline for this yearsdrinking-coffee.gif, and if we get it goin, here is the thread http://michiganmedic...-cup-challenge/ for some ideas of what to do....lmao, or what not to dogrowl.gif

Either way, IM IN!!!!! lol.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright lets have some fun guys. we did this a year ago if enough people will play along lets see who can get the biggest yield from a single 16oz solo cup.

***Official Rules!!***

Seeds start germinating 2/29, plant 3/2.

Clones can be cut 3/8 and a maximum height of 6"

Veg until 4/5

April 5 Will be day 1 flower.

Flower time is decided by the strain.

1 solo cup roots must be contained within the cup ( I.e. No letting roots grow from cup to another medium of any sort). Any medium or methods allowed.

Creativity is encouraged!

***Weekly updates to this thread from all contenders are required. 3 pic max 1 time per week.***

Who's in?

1.) Hempchef

2.) Medcman

3.) Iwood

4.) Michiganmedclones

5.) voE

6.) CaffeineForAll

7.) Sumguyngirl

8.) Timmahh

9.) Camnibus

10.) Cannab Rx

11.) donnachris

12.) RandomStoner

13.) pergamum362

14.) free country 420

15.) PinkLeafOrg

16.) Animal

17.) MysteryMan

18.) mibrains

Prize!

5 x White Widow (reg)

1 x Sour Strawberry (reg)

Disclaimer:

this is FUN folks.... and it is going to remain that way.

but.... this is a medical site. i know we are all growers.... some more skilled than others....

anyways........... long gone are the "stealth p.c." grows from OUR minds. but its not like that for everyone. there are MI patients with children and whacked out living conditions that may actually require a tiny-dancer grow like what we doing here.

so in the spirit of the site.... try to keep it half-azz medical if we can

now lets grow!!

Edited by Hempcheff

I changed the dates to red for discussion, but i think its a good time to start actually, thats 2 weeks to get materials together, and a decent buffer for people to get involved and get a prize pool going.

and bow.gif to longhairbri with last years winner!!goodjob.gif (actually, i think hes the only one that actually finished)bong2.gif

(btw bri, i have the seeds i owe from last yearsdodgyrun.gif)

SO, FOLLOWING PICS CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://michiganmedic...ge/page__st__80

OK. here's the final update. I harvested the solo cup the other day! the training/topping REALLY paid off. I was VERY happy with the branchingDSCN0459.jpgShe's kind of prettyDSCN0457.jpgDSCN0456.jpgnot bad looking smoke! DSCN0464.jpgand the final tally? 34 3/8 GRAMS!DSCN0463.jpgI would have liked the buds to have filled in a little more. she was getting VERY root bound to the point that the root ball plugged the water from gravity feeding. if I would have put her in a bigger resivoir/bucket when I moved her to bloom she would have done WAY better in size and yield

Edited by Hempcheff

Count me in! Only issue is I will be going out of town on the 28th, so I can either flower one day earlier or start 3 days late on the first of may when I get home. You guys make the call on that if I'm allowed to compete since ofcourse the vacation I go on with the lady starts on the day of the competition

<p>Only reason I said 3 days late is because a lot of strains are going to flower longer than what I'm going to run I'm planning on running Dinafem Blue Hash so it flowers in about 8 weeks where I'm sure some people will need 10 weeks, didn't want to jump the gun and get any advantage that is all I'm totally fine with doing it either way

the flowering time is based on the strain, id say start a day early, 3 extra days of vegging might give an unfair advantage blink.gif

Only reason I said 3 days late is because a lot of strains are going to flower longer than what I'm going to run I'm planning on running Dinafem Blue Hash so it flowers in about 8 weeks where I'm sure some people will need 10 weeks, didn't want to jump the gun and get any advantage that is all I'm totally fine with doing it either way

id say dried weight, scouts honor kinda thing. 38 grams was last years winner, anyone object to the same criteria (finished weight) as last year? any other ideas? perhaps a vote?

just so my mind is on straight

16oz solo cup seedling plants on 3.2 and clones can be cut on 3.9 up to 6 inches. Bloom starts 4.5 and goes until the strain finishes.

i guess the biggest question is what its the winning criteria. Thc/Cbd? wet weight, trimmed weight?