A Friendly Competition Anyone?

Medcnman

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have NO idea how difficult this is going to be. within a month the plant will be root bound. with only 16oz root zone, pH and salt build-up are a daily problem.

veg time...... I started my clone 2 weeks later than the guidelines last year. veg time is NOT your friend. a plant will only get as big as the roots that support it.

as for root pruning....YOU WILL HAVE TO. I trimmed mine once a month. truth be told, mine died 2 weeks before expected harvest. azamax clogged my pump, she was dead by morning. it was actually a relief. I don't check my garden but every 3-4 days. with the solo cup, I was in there twice a day to check her.

as for strain selection. last year I picked lemoncake. solid grower with huge yeilds (mistake, root zone kept yeild low). longer in flower (mistake). large root base (mistake). I'm convinced a plant with a small root zone and stocky build would have been better. the yeild will be restricted by the small root zone, so selecting a huge yeilder won't make positive difference.

Question how can you do dwc and keep the roots inside the cups? I want to enter this but all i do is dwc i suppose i can put a solo in dirt in between the buckets but puts me at disatvantage not much exp with dirt. Was going to cut a lid on a 5 gall bucket to fit a solo and then poke holes in solo for roots to escape but thats not withen the rules here. cut of the same strain now thats an idea pick them up at the farmers market, could have more than one catagory as well

Question how can you do dwc and keep the roots inside the cups? I want to enter this but all i do is dwc i suppose i can put a solo in dirt in between the buckets but puts me at disatvantage not much exp with dirt. Was going to cut a lid on a 5 gall bucket to fit a solo and then poke holes in solo for roots to escape but thats not withen the rules here. cut of the same strain now thats an idea pick them up at the farmers market, could have more than one catagory as well

my entry last year was hydro

you have NO idea how difficult this is going to be. within a month the plant will be root bound. with only 16oz root zone, pH and salt build-up are a daily problem.

veg time...... I started my clone 2 weeks later than the guidelines last year. veg time is NOT your friend. a plant will only get as big as the roots that support it.

as for root pruning....YOU WILL HAVE TO. I trimmed mine once a month. truth be told, mine died 2 weeks before expected harvest. azamax clogged my pump, she was dead by morning. it was actually a relief. I don't check my garden but every 3-4 days. with the solo cup, I was in there twice a day to check her.

as for strain selection. last year I picked lemoncake. solid grower with huge yeilds (mistake, root zone kept yeild low). longer in flower (mistake). large root base (mistake). I'm convinced a plant with a small root zone and stocky build would have been better. the yeild will be restricted by the small root zone, so selecting a huge yeilder won't make positive difference.

I had a nice long rebuttal, but never mind, all I can do is laugh.

See you at the finish.

I believe that everybody should HAVE to start their seeds and cut their clones on the same day. Whose to say your plant wouldn't have died two weeks earlier if you had cut your clone on time??

Ill run mine in straight coco prob end up having to water it 4-5 times a day twords the end but that's okI've had plants on solo cups for over 3 months of veg little bushes with no training. I'm not saying its easy but its beyond possible I wouldn't put too much into strain selection your not going to get full results with limited opportunity good luck to all