[Fl] Marijuana Odor Overpowers Local Police Station

LongHairBri

My link

ATLANTIC BEACH, Fla. -- Usually it's the smoke from marijuana that's the problem, but in Atlantic beach it's the smell.

The strong odor of marijuana from the evidence room at the Atlantic Beach Police Department has turned into a real problem.

"The biggest complaint is how strong the odor is," says Atlantic Beach Police Commander Victor Gualillo.

All illegal drugs collected during arrests end up in a narrow 200 square foot evidence room.

"Anytime you store that much marijuana it's rather pungent," says Commander Gualillo.

But the aging ventilation system in the 25 year old building makes the smell more noticeable according to Atlantic Beach Police.

"I'm told there are serious health concerns," says Atlantic Beach City Manager Jim Hanson, about all that is collected into evidence.

"There are other evidence technicians in Florida who have gotten sick," says Hanson.

The department now plans to spend $6,000 on a brand new industrial size air filtration system as more marijuana and other illegal drugs end up in evidence.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha - That was so funny, I could go on for another 20 minutes!

Getting sick? Really? I LOVE THAT SMELL (Terpenes), it's like aroma therapy, and that's no joke.

Medcnman, you're right, $6K ventilation system is a bit harsh for the tax payers. You want to talk about wasting our tax dollars.

I believe that I have a less expensive solution yet, take the equipment they stole from the growers and use them, we already paid for the raid on his place any ways.

ONLY 6K?? Why I think they should just BUILD A NEW 2 MILLION DOLLAR BUILDING! wtf, its OUR MONEY... after all, this is "THE DEADLY REFFERS"!! and if those LOVELY AROMAS leak out into the streets, we'd have Blacks and Mexicans rapeing our white women..

I sure as FREAK hope that cop shop isnt near a SCHOOL????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (500/1000 ft limit)

Archived