Lara Changes Wording On Applications / Renewals

Croppled1

I would like to draw attention to a new change in the application attestations . Lara is now requiring that a caregiver attest that they are a caregiver to no more then 5 patients and photo Id's must be submitted . I wonder if the Farmers Market / Dispensary resistance is behind this move ?

My apologies I can see it isn't clear information below is part of the new Health Care Changes not the MMMAct program it is a totally seperate issue that has been coming up for me when I go to the Doctor . They keep requiring a primary care Doctor under medicare and nobody wants a hot patato .

Many patients are also under the new health care rules which require they designate primary care physicians ( or so they keep telling me ) . Finding Doctors for Medicare patients can be difficult due to the fact the practice is funded by Federal Funds . There is no written conflict as far as I have seen just fear and a perceived one that is taken for reality . Patients and Doctors still feel guilty despite benefit of use and need . Social Scientists have forecast it will take decades for citizens to adjust to medical cannabis after being lied to in regards to medical benefits recorded in over 5000 years of written history .

http://www.michigan....09_272862_7.pdf

my understanding of the MBoM on the Bona Fide update from them, only states the Primary Physician Can be notified if appropriate. thus indicating they dont have to be notified, or in the case of No Primary Care Physician like myself, their is not one to contact...

my understanding is the MBoM has basically used the Bona Fide definition as used in most other MMJ compliant States.

My primary care physian is the one that signs my forms so thats not an issue with me. But I still have an issue with them making any changes and adding requirments to forms and issuing new forms ( like the new Letter of Approvals for example)on their own. Chip, chip, chip, I can hear them playing God and little by little changing everything into their own image.

Careful with this ..

I'm worried here.

Does the doctor cert claim the doctor is the pcp?

BTW .. does a minor child have two pcp?

This department can't possibly be asking for more paper be tossed in their direction?????????

It sounds like they are asking for more than the law requires for ID cards to be issued. The department is limited to following the law.

Section 6

(d) The department shall issue a registry identification card to the primary caregiver, if any, who is named in a qualifying patient's approved application; provided that each qualifying patient can have no more than 1 primary caregiver, and a primary caregiver may assist no more than 5 qualifying patients with their medical use of marihuana.

thats the law

Section 8. does not count any more imho Leo does not like section 8 so they just do away with it we were legal and still got screwed and we won't be the only ones their are many to follow us thats the sad part good luck everone and keep fighting the good fight

but don't get caught

and if you do make sure you have a boat full of $$$$ because the state has more money then you do and they get paid to go to court you have to pay

That is the law for LARA. They can issue no more than five cards to a caregiver. There are unregistered patients and caregivers in Section 8. Are you going to chop that off. What about (4)(e)? Quit giving away the lw please. Section 6 does not apply to patients and caregivers. Thanks, bb

That is a good point as well as the word " Primary " as it shows the intent of transfers among caregivers and patients as secondary were understood to be part of medical use . I don't want to be in court arguing it though . Everyone has their own tolerance for risk . However it makes perfect sense the inclusion of primary was to limit plants counts as their can be no primary caregiver without a patients permission .. They should be working on changes in law that have to do with work and education . If you can do the work despite illness or injury your medical routine should not be a reason to be discriminated against . The act defines medical use as legal now in Michigan the participants may not be protected to use inside the workplace or allowed to work under the influence but they should be able to have equal opportunities to consideration for employment or volunteering when able . Patients should be covered by insurance .as medical use is legal . The way I read the law you don't vacate all protections because of one violation either . That is plain wrong to spiral a patient into total non compliance for a mistake or technicality .

Driving came up again today

The medical use of marihuana is allowed under state law to the extent that it is carried out in accordance with the provisions of this act

" All other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the medical use of marihuana as provided for by this act."

Archived