Watch The Hearings 10 Am Here

I went to the hearing and was happy to see that we even filled the overflow room. I am local but am appreciative to all of you who traveled to get there. I was especially impressed with the female reps who seemed to ask common sense questions. The van comment was priceless.

I'm confused about the photo on the card issue. If you don't already have a state id, where do they get the picture?? Wasn't that the point?

I had a feeling they were trying very hard to make things safer for patients and caregivers, but they don't realize it could make it much worse.

Hopefully next week will clarify things. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU WARRIORS DO!!!!!

P.S. Love the pic.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there yesterday and all I can say is WOW! Being in that atmosphere and hearing the current law read out loud in the House of Representatives made all of this even more surreal. It also gave me an opportunity to meet a lot of the warriors (as Blueberry likes to call them) on the front line and it gave me some insight into what they are doing for all of us everyday. I’m proud of our warriors and their commitment to history in the making. For those days when I can’t join them in the trenches please know that I will be lifting them all up in prayer and understand that the minute there is a need for reinforcements…I’ll be there!

Share the love,

Hyhopes :sword:

This is an attempt to usurp the authority of the Michigan Supreme Court.

We have waited for three years for our law to come before the Supreme Court.

The Michigan Supreme Court will decide about locked enclosed facility. As it exists within our current law.

If a new law gets passed about locked enclosed facilities before the court rules, We will have another three years to wait. The SC will rule on a law that doesn't exist any more.

In that case the SC ruling will impact Larry King and nobody else.

Passing a new locked facility law will wrap the issue in controversy for the next three years, when the issue would have been classified by the court, if a new law had not passed.

More haze instead of less.

I believe they know this ruling is about to go against them.

I watched the hearing today (I'm so sorry I could not be there, I am really in bad shape right now) and I was EXTREMELY impressed with (D) Lisa Brown. She seemed really on the ball and she appeared to truly care. I got a kick out of the "bud in a box" comment too, lol! With any luck at all I will be joining you all next week and if you need my testimony just let me know :). I think I have a pretty good one, lol!

I too would like to see arthritis on the list of ailments. Then again, if we listed all the illnesses MMJ helped with, it would be an awful long list, lol!

Take care and thank you so much for those who were there today!!!

well i have had arthritis-spondyloarthropathy- snice i was 26, my bones look like a rusted out car i am a 50 year old man in a 110 year old body so i realy think it should be on the list,

well i have had arthritis-spondyloarthropathy- snice i was 26, my bones look like a rusted out car i am a 50 year old man in a 110 year old body so i realy think it should be on the list,

I absolutely agree! I have rheumatoid arthritis (dx 11+years) and it is quite active in every hinge joint of my body. I'm 38 and the docs have been on me for the last 9 years for joint replacement of my right knee and for the last 3 years they have been trying to get me to have surgery on my right hip. It blows me away that MS it in the list but, RA isnt? It's been proven that the pain and fatigue from RA is every bit as debilitating as with MS. Actually, Lupus would be another one that SHOULD be on the list. All three are immune system malfunctions, all three have horrible pain and fatigue, but only one is actually listed in the MMJ illness list.

I think they should go through and list every condition that would qualify you for MMJ. I was just trying to make a point (I guess not so well, sorry, lol) that nobody is going to want to "waste" their time putting a list like that together.

I appologize if what I wrote made you think I was minimizing what you are going through. That was definitely NOT my intent. I was just being cyincal about the way things end up being written. :)

SO long as your not smoking that joint in the ashtray.

the Act states you "can not DRIVE IMPAIRED"..... i think we can all agree thats in the act. it says the same thing on every bottle of Vicoden.

I just took a peek at my Vicodin bottles. Both have stickers that say "Alcohol may intensify the effects of this medication" and "may cause drowsiness". My Flexeril bottle says, "do not drink alcohol while using this medication. Use care when operating a motor vehicle". Use care when operating a motor vehicle. This to me says we are allowed to drive while using some prescription narcotics. We just have to use "Care" when doing so. Medcnman.

I was pleased to see Lisa Brown and Stacy Erwin Oakes showing their disapproval of the language of the bills--most likely at the request of their constituents. But i was a little disappointed that they didn't question the specific amended language in the bills. For example HB 4834 one of the reps pointed out how LARA can't print cards in the timeframe specified in the law... adding the picture will slow it down even more. That's true, but I think the real bad part of hb4834 is section 3b where it says LE can access the registry with a name and dob. They already have access with the registry number. Then Horn talked about how privacy is so important. Well then why are you adding this unnecessary language?! I guess if you have a rep on this committee, it might be good to urge them to question the specific unfavorable parts of the bill, rather than the whole bill. Make it easier for them by giving them a specific question to ask.

I am glad many of you were there and really appreciate it. I hope things turn out well and I really think they will. Arthritis seems like a good addition to the list, myself I would like to see Asthma added since it has worked wonders for me, headaches gone,shaky insides gone, restlessness much better, very little restless leg. Thank you MM Keep up the good work guys, I stay kinda low due to my new job being with the school

Arthritis would fall under chronic and debilitating pain. There is no known cure for arthritis therefore, one can expect to have pain from arthritis for the rest of their days. Asthma is gonna be a tough one. Because of our legislators lack of education of cannabis, they think the only way to ingest cannabis is to smoke it. Smoke and Asthma, as we know, doesn't mix. BUT....... edibles and Asthma will coincide just fine. We need to demand that our legislation get a proper education on medical qualities of cannabis. Then and only then, should they be allowed to try to change our law. And we all know, if they had the education they needed, changes to the law as it is written would not be necessary. Medcnman.

Arthritis would fall under chronic and debilitating pain. There is no known cure for arthritis therefore, one can expect to have pain from arthritis for the rest of their days. Asthma is gonna be a tough one. Because of our legislators lack of education of cannabis, they think the only way to ingest cannabis is to smoke it. Smoke and Asthma, as we know, doesn't mix. BUT....... edibles and Asthma will coincide just fine. We need to demand that our legislation get a proper education on medical qualities of cannabis. Then and only then, should they be allowed to try to change our law. And we all know, if they had the education they needed, changes to the law as it is written would not be necessary. Medcnman.

You just nailed the biggest part of the problem. Lack of education. If half of the people out there had any clue how medical marijuana worked and if they spent just one day in our shoes, none of this would be an issue. Education is the key!!!

Archived