Light Bleaching Or Nute Problem?

Cheelo

Much more info needed before making a determination. My initial impression would be a nitrogen deficiency based solely on the yellowing of the leaves and what appears to be very purple stems. Now why is there an N deficiency is the real question. what is your pH? What nute line are you using? Soil or hydro? How long have they been flowering?

My advice is the growers' equivalent of "take two aspirin and call me in the morning." A good thorough flush with straight pH balanced water followed by re-adding/balancing nutes can do wonders.

Im growing a Blueberry/Trainwreck strain.

Im 4 weeks in flower

Im in soil: Ocean Forest and Pro Mix 70/30 cut

Im using Biothrive Bloom/Biothrive Bio Bud and CalMg as directed

PH ranges from 6.3-6.7 every watering

have been watering every 2-3 days as needed

Im assumed the yellowing was a normal phase this far into flowering. Ive grown this same exact strain under same conditions.

I vegged these plants longer than normal waiting for my flower room to available. They were about 12 inches from a 1000watt HPS. Thats why I was thinking light bleaching??

Thank you for your response and any info is helpful

It is natural for plants to yellow at the end of their life as the plant use up the reserves from their leaves. 4 Weeks into flowering is really too early for that to happen, though. You usually only see it in the last week or two of flowering. Not a soil grower and haven't used that line of nutes, so kind of just spitballing here. At 1 foot from the canopy, you MAY be a little too close to the light. You have air cooled hoods or an open reflector? If not air cooled, I'd say definitely too close to the lamp.

My guess though would be a combo of being a bit too close to the light and a N deficiency. You aren't using any grow nutrients, which are the primary source of N, so you may be a bit low on that. Doesn't look like a Mag deficiency to me, as it isn't blotchy. A good flush, rebalance the nutes and bump the light up 6-12 inches.

Leaves coming from buds are yellow and even white?

Cheelo, due to my hood design I get a hot spot in my grow box. And I get light bleaching in the same spot grow after grow. No matter the variety, I get it at the very tip tops of the buds and the leaves will look fluorescent yellow almost chartreuse as they come out, but they usually turn green as they get bigger, so it's always at the tip where you notice it. The top buds in your pic could have that on the top most leaves, but that would not explain the bigger leaves being yellow too, that's clearly not related to light burn, or bleaching....hope this helps.....shredder

If you vegged for longer than usual, then I'll assume this plant is larger than your norm. Your feeding program would need to increase to accommodate this bigger plant.

Your ph may have drifted lower accumulatively, or slightly too high. since u are so far along, med. flower nutes (+ tiny amt N) but definitely dial in the ph. the 'bleaching' may be exaggerated by the other imbalances. I've also seen neem do that to sensitive plants.

I run general organics line and i love it. I used to use pro mix but with these nuts i noticed a lot of ph drift at the end. I now use fox farm ocean forest with medium size perlite 3 parts soil 1 part perlite. my flowering plants i use biobloom, cal mag, bio root, diamond black and bio marine at the recomended dose. u can bump it up a little for heavy feeders. i grow blueberry strain that takes 8 weeks i flush the last two weeks and no yellow till week 8. hope this helps

im about 2 weeks out.

I actually feed nutes until couple days before harvest. Not completely sold on the flushung. but thats another topic

are you saying to use my current bloom/bud/calmg nute schedule and add a splash of grow nutes?

thanks

Yes. Add a touch of grow nutes. Even though not the primary need during flowering, you still need some. Like you said, flushing is another issue altogether, but DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially if you are a caregiver for others. Chronic/severe illness + ingesting chemical fertilizers = bad news.

Just sayin flushing is a good way to rid salt build ups in the soil and eliminate what could be locking out nutes.... Flush with 3 times more water than medium with the last 1/3 being ph'd properly. So if you have 5 gallon pots flush with 15 gallons of water and the last 3-5 gallons being properly ph'd. Then re-apply nutrients.

Also even if you grow in organics you should flush your pot for 2 weeks feeding only water prior to harvest. Carbon (nutrients) is what causes bowls to not burn down into a clean white ash. Or it will pop and crackle as you smoke it. Its also what causes the bud to taste just ok to horrible after a few puffs even though the first few were really delicious. Flushing can make it taste that good all the way to the last drop, your bud should be like foldgers "good to the last toke!". Your choice...

Archived