Dina Fem Original Amnesia Journal

tooldini

I have an Original Amnesia from dina fem. Started the seed about 1 month ago and stayed under 3 CFL's for a couple weeks after sprouting. I then moved to a warmer area with a Power Compact 190w with full sunligh bulb and Actinic 03 blue bulb. Temps are staying around 70+ Looking good and have not fed any nutes yet but will start next week using House and Garden nutes. Light schedule is 20 on and 4 off. Looking alright so far and just attempted a fim job on her. Light is about 3-4 inches from top of plant. Here are some pics

Pre fim

OApreFim.jpg

post fim

OAfimmed.jpg

Full plant shot these were with cell phone so may not be the best

OriginalAmnesia1month.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks I hope it does good. I have a Deep Purple clone I will be putting with it.. I cloned the deep purple at around 54 days into flower LOL. I will try and clone this one for sure. I don't have a seperate vegging area yet I am working on that. Well I will keep everyone posted it should be better than my other grows since the temp is more dialed in.

Thanks I hope it does good. I have a Deep Purple clone I will be putting with it.. I cloned the deep purple at around 54 days into flower LOL. I will try and clone this one for sure. I don't have a seperate vegging area yet I am working on that. Well I will keep everyone posted it should be better than my other grows since the temp is more dialed in.

The plants look really great!! I agree with DarkMatter, don't jinx yourself. If you think you will do well, you will. I kept thinking positive even when I was having big time problems. Good Luck with the grow and kept updating your grow log so that we may keep watching it.

You can have a small veg area really easy. When I start my clones, I keep them in a 8'x2'x2'cupboard that used to be on the wall in my bedroom to hold clothes. It's not light tight or anything because the lights are on 24 hours. I keep them under a normal CFL bulb, you know one of those 28 watt bulbs you put in your table lamps. They do really well under those light bulbs until they are about 10 inches tall then they seem to want more light so I put them under a 125 watt CFL. Even if you just have an old kitchen cupboard that you could hang a shop light in, it would work for a small little veg area so that when you harvest you have a plant that much closer to being ready to switch lights to 12/12. With a small cupboard you can have a plant just two or three weeks from going into flower as opposed to six or eight weeks from flower.

Edited by donnachris

I actually have a cabinet in our back laundry room that I used to grow a couple plants before it is all lined in mylar and has a vent hole, pretty light proof. I am thinking of getting a smaller light fixture in there for clones that way I can grow them up pretty tall before flower. Not sure what lighting I may use but something that will not create a ton of heat and kill the electric,, cause the wife will flip. I am gonna need a patient pretty soon :) just wanna make sure I can supply someone

Here are some new pics, there is some new growth in the area were I topped or fimmed it. Not sure if I fimmed correctly :( it is over 1 foot tall. Gonna veg it a couple more weeks probably. I am still deciding were to veg my new plants. I may get a tent for my grow room to veg in. I think it looks nice, very green and healthy looking under the 190w Power Compact with full sun and Actinic 03 bulbs.

OA1.jpg

Lower growth

OA2.jpg

Full shot

OA3.jpg

closer shot of low growth

OA4.jpg

Top I think I fimmed lol

OA5.jpg

another top shot of new growth

OA6.jpg

I'd probably opt for just stapling up some plastic until I was ready to go bigger. how is that separate veg area developing? It's so difficult to get stuff rooted while far into flower and preserving good genetics is the way to go.

It's a challenge physically and monetarily, but growing has been by far the best investment I've ever made. I'm sure the right patients will appreciate your fine care. good luck

I should post up a pic of my deep purple that I clipped at 58 days LOL .I didn't even using rooting gel just clipped the end at angle and then kinda gently scrapped a layer off the stem the length of an inch and stuck in the soil :) Looks OK but really short and bushy.

I vegged a Lemon Cake and a UK Cheese for almost 8 weeks each in a 3x7x6 room with 1000 watt MH. Then put the two plants in a room that was 3x7x6 with a 1000 watt HPS and I got about 23 ounces between the two plants. The longer you veg and the big it gets in veg, the bigger and better it will be in the end IMO.

Here are some new pics. I think it looks pretty good so far and I have not feed any nutes yet.

full shot Original Amnesia

OAa5weeks.jpg

Here are the results of Topping(thought I was fimming but I think I was wrong)

OAb5weeks.jpg

Here are both plants the one of RIGHT is Deep Purple. I said I cloned at 58 days but think it was 54

OAcboth.jpg

Here is a closer shot of the DP clone

DPclone1.jpg

Here are a few more pics. Seems to be doing very well and growing bushier than I would have expected due to the sativa dominance but I think I read that about it. I clipped a couple clones on the 19th of March hope they make it.

about 2.5' heigh and almost the same across

OAday42veg3.jpg

2 of over a dozen lady bugs on the plant.

OAday42veg2.jpg

all the plants vegging right now

group1.jpg

sometimes that happens from a fan hitting it too much. or they just don't unfold evenly. rotate plants and use occilating fans. try pinching or twisting/bending a stem towards the top and watch how it heals. this will help keep an even canopy and strengthen to support more weight. that looks like it's going to be some good sativa type meds.

look to leaf color, leaf teeth margins and leaf tips for nute issues. although there can be more to it, those are good indicators.

Thanks Abe it has been twisted for a while I have the fan on oscillating but it still could be that. I try and rotate the plants daily but maybe I missed once LOL still think it is doing good. It is flowering when the fun begins thats when my issues start.