How Many Plants?

TheBeagle

ok i just painted my closet all white and have one of these installed for air circulation

419MMFEX2ML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

now i was thinkin about gettin this

http://www.htgsupply...-Grow-Light.asp

for my lighting source^^

now how many plants could i produce with what i have now? the 250 HPS kit and fans

Iv yet to get pots/fert

as im not sure what i should start off with?

Id like to keep it simple as possible i really dont wana mess with nutes n stuff right now as this will be my 1st grow Id liek to just get some pots and some fert and get it going any suggestion's? on brand type etc

the room is not big at all 6ft tall bout 4ft wide 2.5 deep bout 12 sq foot

ok i just painted my closet all white and have one of these installed for air circulation

419MMFEX2ML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

now i was thinkin about gettin this

http://www.htgsupply...-Grow-Light.asp

for my lighting source^^

now how many plants could i produce with what i have now? the 250 HPS kit and fans

Iv yet to get pots/fert

as im not sure what i should start off with?

Id like to keep it simple as possible i really dont wana mess with nutes n stuff right now as this will be my 1st grow Id liek to just get some pots and some fert and get it going any suggestion's? on brand type etc

the room is not big at all 6ft tall bout 4ft wide 2.5 deep bout 12 sq foot

Light Sunsystem2 mh/hps 250w i only use the hps right now dont have a bulb

for the mh this is what i use and i run 8 to 9 plants then sex them if this helps you

Fert is Nutes. If you dont use nutes, you might want to plan on having dead plants by week 8. Use a simple formula such as the Lucas formula. I use Botanicare products myself. Very simple. You can use Grow for your Veg and Bloom and Liquid Karma for Bloom. Either way, you will have to give them food or it will just be a waste of your time. Like LHB said, 2 plants under a 250 is adequate. Anything more will create dark spots and minimal growth. If your plants are going from clone to bloom, you might get 6-8 under it but they will have to be rather small plants. Trial and error is the norm. Good luck my friend! Keep us posted! Medcnman.

I like BIG plants!!

i was planning 2 or 3 i figure 10k lumens per plant? maybe add a few CFL's

what light schedule should i use starting from seed? I will be using Black widow seeds

veg light ? hours Flower ? Hrs?

Im switch the bulbs during the stages HALIDE /veg sodium/flower

When shoud i switch to flower? (aprox days?

I would definately use a scrog set up for a space that small. Put the screen up at least 8" above the soil or pot and let the plants grow into it. Tuck and weave, supercrop until the scrog screen is almost full before you flip. It keeps the profile flat....all plants and growing shoot heights within a couple of inches of each other. Stop manipulating (lst) after 3 wks in flower. Lollipop everything under the screen unless you can pull it up level with the screen. Good luck.

Keep in mind that starting from seed it will take longer to be able to flower. Top the plants early and let them spread instead of getting tall. Otherwise they will be too tall by the time they are mature enough to flower. Once you switch to 12/12 most strains stretch between 25-35% in height. Some strains will even close to double in height. 2 to 4 plants max. in this space would be your best bet. I would seriously consider a 400 watt light. I can almost assure you that you will be unhappy with a 250 watt. a 400 will cost between 25 and 40 a month to run, depending on if you are vegging or flowering. Yes you will have more heat to contend with, but insufficient light will produce less and much smaller buds. It will also create taller skinnier plants, as they will tend to stretch for the light.

none of them hanging :( but there was a lot of prep time before they went in the crate, i vegged them under cfl's lol, it was quite a bit of work but well worth the effort. you can check out the whole process in my gallery http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/gallery/album/15187/312-nl5california-dream-crate/

Haha, I never liked the cage thing but I guess after flushing you could just clip the cage up side down for hanging. Tell me you have a pic of that? :D

Keep in mind that starting from seed it will take longer to be able to flower. Top the plants early and let them spread instead of getting tall. Otherwise they will be too tall by the time they are mature enough to flower. Once you switch to 12/12 most strains stretch between 25-35% in height. Some strains will even close to double in height. 2 to 4 plants max. in this space would be your best bet. I would seriously consider a 400 watt light. I can almost assure you that you will be unhappy with a 250 watt. a 400 will cost between 25 and 40 a month to run, depending on if you are vegging or flowering. Yes you will have more heat to contend with, but insufficient light will produce less and much smaller buds. It will also create taller skinnier plants, as they will tend to stretch for the light.

as far as stretching for the light i have my light rigged to a pully system where i can raise and lower my light ;) what i plan on doing is putting a ruler in the soil next to plant if the plant grows and inch then i raise the light 1 inch so on etc so it will always be least 6" from the top of the plant once i reach about 2 er 3 ft ill top it and LST

Can you design a veg and flower area isolated so you can perpetually grow ? That is a important requirement for a non interrupted supply unless you can make it from period to period on what your grow provides confined by the 2.5 oz cured dried material limit which hangs everyone . I just leave it on the plants but without perpetual staging it seemed impossible to have a non interrupted supply . As soon as you harvest one you start a new one or even quicker if you have room under your count . Seeds mean some will be males even feminized will sometimes hermie . When you have the strains you want cloning saves about 2 weeks others can correct if they think it saves more or less . Can you vent out up and through the roof into a baffled roof vent ? Heat in summer is bad news . Now not so much you can vent back into the home and use the heat with a crawl space or wall fan set up high where the heat rises too . If your renting your in a bad spot to make mods and there are smells if you vent into the home . .

Beagle I got the 400w HPS only from HTG supply and have not problems yet,, ballast gets VERY hot so keep that in mind. Were you live? I have gone to the one in Taylor a couple times and need to go back soon :) check the price online and the 400 is actually cheaper unless I cannot read well.

Beagle I got the 400w HPS only from HTG supply and have not problems yet,, ballast gets VERY hot so keep that in mind. Were you live? I have gone to the one in Taylor a couple times and need to go back soon :) check the price online and the 400 is actually cheaper unless I cannot read well.

i just went to HTG in taylor today to pick up my 250 im like 15 mins from there southgate,wyandotte area

Archived