I Actually Received A Response!

TomJ

Dear Mr. J:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA). I appreciate your thoughts on this issue.

Since its effective date of December 1, 2009, officials at the state and local level have been working to implement the MMMA in a safe and effective manner that is consistent with the intent of the voters. Due to the broadness of the Act as written, there are still many unanswered questions that should be addressed.

My office is taking an active role in working with local officials, law enforcement, prosecutors, and other stakeholders to develop legislation that will provide more direction to those impacted by this law. Unfortunately, this process will take time. Legislation has to be carefully drafted in order to work within the confines of the voter-approved law.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on this important matter.

Sincerely,

John Pappageorge

State Senator

District 13

Dear Mr. J:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA). I appreciate your thoughts on this issue.

Since its effective date of December 1, 2009, officials at the state and local level have been working to implement the MMMA in a safe and effective manner that is consistent with the intent of the voters. Due to the broadness of the Act as written, there are still many unanswered questions that should be addressed.

My office is taking an active role in working with local officials, law enforcement, prosecutors, and other stakeholders to develop legislation that will provide more direction to those impacted by this law. Unfortunately, this process will take time. Legislation has to be carefully drafted in order to work within the confines of the voter-approved law.

Sincerely,

John Pappageorge

State Senator

District 13

This is an auto-reply. I got the same one. Yesterday at the hearings, Ken Steckler showed how clear the law is. By doing this, he also showed how the law has not been implememted! Medcnman.

" implement the MMMA in a safe and effective manner that is consistent with the intent of the voters. "

Always with the "consistent with the intent of the voters" crap. The law is clear in its intent and the voters knew what they were voting for. I want to see surveys showing what "the intent of the voters" was, not just phone calls and letters from the crazy right wing conservative crowd. These people are now showing themselves for who they really are. Banning contraception? Really? Whats next? Outlawing masturbation?

The intent of the voters is and has been clear since the vote was made. What these clowns mean when the say "Intent of the voters" really means "Complies with my personal values and prejudices" How stupid do they think these voter are? When I voted I was clear on what to expect, and that was not throwing cancer patients and multiple sclerosis patients in jail, at my expense for not having a lock on their closet, or having 12 plants plus a cutting. These manipulative morons are doing their best to make the public believe that most of us are criminals using the law to turn a tax free profit. The people that are actually abusing the law, are a tiny minuscule percentage of the total. If they want to solve the problem of abuse, deal with the abusers without hurting those who are using this medicine in good faith. These politicians are still holding the reefer madness testimony of the W's as valid. These types of racist, fanatical lies are no longer acceptable in American society, but our government still views that garbage as accurate. The time to right a wrong and correct a mistake is here, all we need is some open minded and intelligent politicians representing us.

Dear Mr. J:

Sincerely,

John Pappageorge

State Senator

District 13

My question is: who are the "other stake holders" ?

I gave up masturbation for lent. I was just excited because I actually got a response.

Thanks for brightening my morning. I needed a good chuckle. That is a great thing to give up for lent.

You would think a lawmaker could have got the date right for when the law started. Shows a lack of interest.

Thanks for brightening my morning. I needed a good chuckle. That is a great thing to give up for lent.

You would think a lawmaker could have got the date right for when the law started. Shows a lack of interest.

i agree and i think they don't even think that marihuana is a medicine and we need to tell them that it is

Archived