Room 90% Done, What To Use?

TheBeagle

Ok at 1st I wanted to go dirt...but since then i have read up on bubble DWC , I found this

http://www.htgsupply...-Banger-DWC.asp

and im thinking this might be easier anyone ever use them?

Pros and Cons (from my setup)

Pros,

Bucket seems much easier

Much cleaner

Seem easier (correct me if im wrong)

CONS.

My room is upstairs...

In a closet

to drain the system i have to lug the bucket downstairs and back up (bad back)

(but i may have a solution for this, keep another bucket with lid with predone water? inside so when i need to drain i can just drop it in the other bucket.?)

can someone shed some light on what you would think would be better for my room situation? is their anything im missing?

Is DWC easier then soil?

are plants less pron to infection in DWC?

Also if i choose DWC buckets what kinda water can i use? can i use regular tap water? I don't know anything about DWC so im lost here duno what water what nutes etc

found this on ebay too if i go DWC im grab this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Milwaukee-SM801-pH-EC-TDS-Tester-Meter-Conductivity-/370022050502?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5627086ac6

My suggestion would be to do your first grow in soil, it can be more forgiving for a first time grower. Then learn about DWC and get your equpment ready for DWC while your crop is growing. I do both soil & DWC and like them both. You could start out with DWC, there is plenty of info. on this site to where you could do it, but it requires that you do some reading first. I suggest R/O water for DWC. You will want a good Ph tester & a ec/ppm meter also. You will need to monitor the water temp. so you don't get "slime bucket" and you will have to learn to mix the nutes that you choose to use. Good luck on whatever you decide to go with.

I think im go straight to DWC get the buckets above and a seed starter tray/with heat mat and a ph tester and when u say R/O water what exactly do you mean? like spring water? in the jugs?

Reverse Osmosis filtered water. Best bet would be to buy a filter. R/O is zero impurities, of close to it. You can use other water, not with some methods though. You will need to monitor your total dissolved solids to ensure the plants get enough but not too much nutrients.

Spring water is pretty much the same as tap water, sometimes minus the chlorine. You can buy R/O water in jugs, methods like the Lucas method are based on R/O water.

i found this by nestle http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/nestle-pure-life-purified-water-24-pack-bottles/ID=prod6091707-product?V=G&ext=frgl_Google_Grocery

its suposive R/O water

Every drop of water in every bottle goes through a 14 step purification process of filtration that involves reverse osmosis and/or distillation. Then the water is enhanced with a unique blend of minerals for great taste. Clean, crisp and pure.

would this work?

i found this by nestle http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/nestle-pure-life-purified-water-24-pack-bottles/ID=prod6091707-product?V=G&ext=frgl_Google_Grocery

its suposive R/O water

Every drop of water in every bottle goes through a 14 step purification process of filtration that involves reverse osmosis and/or distillation. Then the water is enhanced with a unique blend of minerals for great taste. Clean, crisp and pure.

would this work?

IMO that would be a very expensive way to get R/O water. My system cost me about $200 maybe a little less for a hunded gallon a day system. Works really great except that its a bit slow.

I personally can’t imagine anything being easier than soil or soil-less mixes. I transplant clones into 3 gallon pots of straight Pro-mix, water and feed as needed, dispose of old soil when I’m done. Pretty easy to me.

But again I enjoy the gardening so perhaps to me it just seems easier than it is.

I also lost power 2 times in the last year, one time was for 2 days and didn’t loose my crop.

its suposive R/O water

would this work?

No, only if you knew exactly what and how much they added to it, and then offset your nutes by that amount. If you are going to buy the water, go to one of those large grocery stores that have an R/O machine where you can fill your own jugs. It's about half the price of pre-jugged water. Or go to HTG and buy a R/O filter.

You said your upstairs and going to run dwc i built my own dwc system and when im setting it up again after a harvest i always have some leaks in the beging, a few twists and they stop leaking but im in a detached gargae. How tall are your ceilings in one room with 9' foot ceilings i run dwc in a 32 gallon brute with 2 air stones and a whole cut in the lid that i just drop basket into. My clones go right from clone tray to basket and veg in flood and drain tables. Never have to transplant them. First run through i had 2 plants under 1000 w in 32 g brutes got 8 zips off an ak 47 and 4 off the other one. Wish i was computer literate enough to post some pics. Tryed once on this site with no luck

Ok at 1st I wanted to go dirt...but since then i have read up on bubble DWC , I found this

http://www.htgsupply...-Banger-DWC.asp

and im thinking this might be easier anyone ever use them?

Pros and Cons (from my setup)

Pros,

Bucket seems much easier

Much cleaner

Seem easier (correct me if im wrong)

CONS.

My room is upstairs...

In a closet

to drain the system i have to lug the bucket downstairs and back up (bad back)

(but i may have a solution for this, keep another bucket with lid with predone water? inside so when i need to drain i can just drop it in the other bucket.?)

can someone shed some light on what you would think would be better for my room situation? is their anything im missing?

Is DWC easier then soil?

are plants less pron to infection in DWC?

Also if i choose DWC buckets what kinda water can i use? can i use regular tap water? I don't know anything about DWC so im lost here duno what water what nutes etc

found this on ebay too if i go DWC im grab this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Milwaukee-SM801-pH-EC-TDS-Tester-Meter-Conductivity-/370022050502?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5627086ac6

Soil is your best bet. Heat may become a bigger issue than soil vs hydro. Even with it exhausted outside you're upstairs and this summer will be your indicator of just how much heat your closet holds.

As someone who is currently buying distilled water by the jug from Kroger, you absolutely must get yourself an R/O filter. Can't even tell you how expensive this is. My roommate made a poor choice on our R/O filter... still haven't been able to get it working.

Meijers is much cheaper for their RO 29 cents a gallon in your jugs . Krogers is 39 cents .

one thing on being upstairs, you have gravity on your side if you choose hydro. some 3/4" agro hose down the stairs into a drain would be easier then buckets down the stairs, then use a pump to get the fresh water upstairs into a storage rez... just a thought.

The only problem is getting a pump that can handle the gravity. Be sure to look at the GPH at the head height you need to get to. You will find that most common pumps only work for a few (4-6) feet before the flow is stopped or slowed to a point of being useless.

I wana do soil but it seems kinda messy looking and im not around too often i got to work @ 3pm everyday only have weds off

Go to my gallery and look at my aeroponics units. I build my own. They are inexpensive and they dont leak. Check out www.stinkbuddies.com for the blueprints. Also, the water you get at meiners and Krogers is distilled water. Not R/O water. Medcnman.

Archived