The Intenions Of The Michigan Citizen On The Mmm Act Of 08

Timmahh

Michigan has a Visiting Patient Clause yes?

I think one can agree, our Act, makes the allowance for a MMJ Carded resident of another State, to come to Michigan, and have the same protections as a Michigan MMMP Registrant per the 08 MMM Act.

Scenario:

So I have a friend from Washington DC coming into town for a 2 week visit. This friend is a Registered Pt of the DoC (District of Columbia) MMP program.

He comes into town tomorrow. I have no meds here available to transfer to him. SO using Bull Schuette's and his Dolt's Logical Understanding of what the State says is allowed, how do I get my friend Medicine in Michigan per our Act, without prosecution?

He is NOT a Mi Resident, therefore do not qualify for our Registry. He will only be here for 2 weeks, therefore cant qualify for residency, and if your not a Mi resident, you can not be a MMMP Registrant, and if you are not a MMMP Registrant, you can not asign a MI MMMP Registered Caregiver.

They are allowed to have the protections of our Act so long as they abide by the definitions of Medical Use and our Usable Meds limits.

So who can my Buddy get meds from if he can not get a Mi Card, which means he can not get a MI Caregiver assigned to him?

How does the Mi Gov say this Pt is protected without the ability to transfer and accept remuneration of some kind from someone that is not their connected caregiver?

to go a step further, even if this patient was freely given meds, by BS' and the CoA's logical understanding of the Mi.govs statements, this patient, with full protections of the Act, is a criminal and should be prosecuted and jailed for being in compliance with our Act and utilizing cannabis under the definition of "Medical Use" here in the State?

also. Are we not all part of the MMMP Registry? did we not all have to submit the same info to become a part of this group. Seeing as we are a Group of Pts, all listed to the same Registry, then are we not then all connected via the Registry?

Some people read TOO MUCH into the CG/PT relationship. A patient can have more than one type of caregiver. but the MMMP Registered Caregiver for THAT SPECIFIC PATIENT that chooses to assign a caregiver, is still not limited to only that patient, or the up too other four patients. Nor is that Pt bound SOLELY to that Caregiver, Just that that named caregiver will be that Patients PRIMARY Caregiver and as a Primary Caregiver, can also have possession of the Patients plants IF the Patient CHOOSES to relinquish his right to posses the plants.

the Caregiver clause Specifically states a Caregiver of the MMMP registry may help "A" patient in the medical use of cannabis, and accepting compensation does not constitute a SALE. This is so ANY Pt caregiver, can "Acquire" meds for their Pt. Regardless of that CG being connected to that Pt via the Registry or not. in the case of a home bound Pt. That Pt, will likely have many CGs, as well as a visiting nurse, and maybe even a Dr from time to time. but those that are there daily taking care of that home bount Pt, IS A CG, just not a Cannabis CG on the MMMP Registry. They are just as protected in helping that Registered Pt with their Medical Use of cannabis, just as their Cannabis Specific Caregiver that the Patient named on their Registry application.

What about the case of a minor patient? The act requires that one of their parents act as caregiver. What happens if the family lives where there is no place to grow or the parent is unable/unwilling to grow? Does this leave the child SOL (s**t out of luck)? There has to be a means for the patient to get meds.

Mike

and because I find Monkey Wrenches So interesting, I found a slightly bigger one to toss in:

take it to the next step. the person isnt here for personal pleasure, they are here for business. Perhaps a Job interview. Maybe to look at a house to buy. Perhaps he is here looking to locate a new 500,000 square foot manufacturing facility, that will employ 500 michigander by the end of 2012.

now imagine this guy comes to Mi from DoC, to Sign the contracts for the land to build on. projections are to open in Sept, and it will need 300 employees to open, with another minimum 200 employees by the end of 2012.

But dang, He went to the legal dispensary in Lansing (where he is staying at the local Mariot on the top floor in the Penthouse Suite), and goes back to his hotel and after dinner needs to medicate. So he does so in his Room. or in his Vehicle. at any rate, MSP comes to visit him. He has Cannabis, He does NOT have a Michigan Hard Card, but produces a DoC MMJ hard card, and shows the officers he only has 5 grams of usable medicine. So off to jail he goes. The next morning he has missed his Appointments with the realator, and after he bonds out, goes to the hotel, packs his bags, and goes back to DC.

Now the Persecution of a Visiting MMJ Patient here by our Michigan Gov and BS has done exactly what to help Michigans Forward Momentum here?

I think one can agree, our Act, makes the allowance for a MMJ Carded resident of another State, to come to Michigan, and have the same protections as a Michigan MMMP Registrant per the 08 MMM Act.

Scenario:

So I have a friend from Washington DC coming into town for a 2 week visit. This friend is a Registered Pt of the DoC (District of Columbia) MMP program.

He comes into town tomorrow. I have no meds here available to transfer to him. SO using Bull Schuette's and his Dolt's Logical Understanding of what the State says is allowed, how do I get my friend Medicine in Michigan per our Act, without prosecution?

He is NOT a Mi Resident, therefore do not qualify for our Registry. He will only be here for 2 weeks, therefore cant qualify for residency, and if your not a Mi resident, you can not be a MMMP Registrant, and if you are not a MMMP Registrant, you can not asign a MI MMMP Registered Caregiver.

They are allowed to have the protections of our Act so long as they abide by the definitions of Medical Use and our Usable Meds limits.

So who can my Buddy get meds from if he can not get a Mi Card, which means he can not get a MI Caregiver assigned to him?

How does the Mi Gov say this Pt is protected without the ability to transfer and accept remuneration of some kind from someone that is not their connected caregiver?

to go a step further, even if this patient was freely given meds, by BS' and the CoA's logical understanding of the Mi.govs statements, this patient, with full protections of the Act, is a criminal and should be prosecuted and jailed for being in compliance with our Act and utilizing cannabis under the definition of "Medical Use" here in the State?

also. Are we not all part of the MMMP Registry? did we not all have to submit the same info to become a part of this group. Seeing as we are a Group of Pts, all listed to the same Registry, then are we not then all connected via the Registry?

Some people read TOO MUCH into the CG/PT relationship. A patient can have more than one type of caregiver. but the MMMP Registered Caregiver for THAT SPECIFIC PATIENT that chooses to assign a caregiver, is still not limited to only that patient, or the up too other four patients. Nor is that Pt bound SOLELY to that Caregiver, Just that that named caregiver will be that Patients PRIMARY Caregiver and as a Primary Caregiver, can also have possession of the Patients plants IF the Patient CHOOSES to relinquish his right to posses the plants.

the Caregiver clause Specifically states a Caregiver of the MMMP registry may help "A" patient in the medical use of cannabis, and accepting compensation does not constitute a SALE. This is so ANY Pt caregiver, can "Acquire" meds for their Pt. Regardless of that CG being connected to that Pt via the Registry or not. in the case of a home bound Pt. That Pt, will likely have many CGs, as well as a visiting nurse, and maybe even a Dr from time to time. but those that are there daily taking care of that home bount Pt, IS A CG, just not a Cannabis CG on the MMMP Registry. They are just as protected in helping that Registered Pt with their Medical Use of cannabis, just as their Cannabis Specific Caregiver that the Patient named on their Registry application.

i spok t a friend recently who wao mentioned the "A patient defense" He spoke to his attorney who specializes in this kind of thing. He had lost two cases trying to justify things with the "A patient" approach. The judges did not accept it and threw them right out as they had in other cases. He felt this is not a viable defense.

I understand how we want the law to be interpreted but what is happening in the courts has a bit more weight than a " regular guy" interpretation.

Be careful out there.

I too think the outside the state card is problematic but I have yet to see an approach that goes beyond presumption.

this isnt me making and interpritation. this is what the law says.

so if we cant help a visiting patient with the medical use of cannabis, then whey are they allowed to do so in the Act?

that can not be an interpretation.

Of course it is you making the interpretation. Its not like you are referring to precedent in this state. Just as the judges who threw it out have made an interpretation. Still the judges have a lot more weight behind them.

what im saying mrd, is the MMM Act allows for an out of state resident to use their home state MMJ card, to Medically Use cannabis with protections under our Act.

that is not my interpretation, that is what the Act specifically states.

now if all participants of the Act must have a Assigned CG, that they are exclusively limited too acquiring their usable medicine from, or they are not Patients but Criminals, then how can the Act legally allow visiting patients to acquire meds, let alone Medically use them?

it is not MY interpretation that is malformed, it is Bill Schuettes, and those courts that refuse to recognize the clear and precise language of the Act. the main difference, they are the Judge and can Break the law, and still retain their bench chair, where you and I are criminals waiting to happen by their illegal and wrongful Opine which they are attempting to subjugate into our Act.

Scenario:

Timmah,

I suggest you find a lawyer, and ask your question while referring to sections 4j and 3e. My understanding is that sec 4j says that the visitor's mmj card allows for the medical use of mj in MI. 3e classifies acquisition as being part of medical use. So the visitor could bring their card here and buy from a street seller... not sure if a disp or cg would be willing to transfer for compensation. Another option would be an uncompensated transfer. Those are my guesses.

i spok t a friend recently who wao mentioned the "A patient defense" He spoke to his attorney who specializes in this kind of thing. He had lost two cases trying to justify things with the "A patient" approach. The judges did not accept it and threw them right out as they had in other cases. He felt this is not a viable defense.

I understand how we want the law to be interpreted but what is happening in the courts has a bit more weight than a " regular guy" interpretation.

Be careful out there.

I too think the outside the state card is problematic but I have yet to see an approach that goes beyond presumption.

It's been 6 months, so my memory isn't so sharp, but wasn't the "a patient" concept brought to light by the COA ruling? If memory serves correctly, I'm thinking they mentioned it, but didn't want to challenge it... as if it was a solid defense.

I don't believe the law actually states that the out of stater can acquire medicine while in the state, just that their cards should be accepted as a 'pass' to use cannabis medicinally while in the state. You see, they could bring their own medicine with them and use, but they aren't going to be allowed to get their meds here. Of course, this is just a neophyte, taking a stab at interpreting the law, in otherwords, JMHO... Peace j.b.

Yes .. there is the visiting patient.

There is the minor child. The parent of the child is supposed to be in control of the acquisition of the medicine.

Then there is the unregistered patient in section eight. Please consider what an unregistered patient is allowed to do in Michigan.

Also note that caregiver of the unregistered patient is protected under section eight.

Several locations that imply transactions without being linked in the registry program.

I don't believe the law actually states that the out of stater can acquire medicine while in the state, just that their cards should be accepted as a 'pass' to use cannabis medicinally while in the state. You see, they could bring their own medicine with them and use, but they aren't going to be allowed to get their meds here. Of course, this is just a neophyte, taking a stab at interpreting the law, in otherwords, JMHO... Peace j.b.

Thanks .. been meaning to look at that

4(j) A registry identification card, or its equivalent, that is issued under the laws of another state, district, territory, commonwealth, or insular possession of the United States that allows the medical use of marihuana by a visiting qualifying patient, or to allow a person to assist with a visiting qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana, shall have the same force and effect as a registry identification card issued by the department.

So it is the same as a Michigan ID card or caregiver card. While they are here.

Police don't have to deal with special rules for other states. 2.5 .. 12 ..

Leo is required to respect such a card.

Of course it is you making the interpretation. Its not like you are referring to precedent in this state. Just as the judges who threw it out have made an interpretation. Still the judges have a lot more weight behind them.

i agree it's up to the judge and IMHO we need to show up at every court room for the qualifying patient's if we could get people their to support the patient i think we could of won long ago

i use to go 3 to 4 times a week i think the MMMA is fighting on a lot of fronts and thats what the state wants to keep us busy while they screw us on another

Isn't the act worded so that only other states that have recipiratory acts accepting michigans cards are valid here?

(j) A registry identification card, or its equivalent, that is issued under the laws of another state, district, territory, commonwealth, or insular possession of the United States that allows the medical use of marihuana by a visiting qualifying patient, or to allow a person to assist with a visiting qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana, shall have the same force and effect as a registry identification card issued by the department.

If you read this carefully I believe that is what it says. Of course people want to cherry pick the parts they want to believe. This to me means that the issuing state needs to allow visiting patients in order for their card to be accepted in Michigan.

Mike

so its worded to be reciprocatory in nature. Even so, the base to my point is, We allow a Pt of another States MMP Program to have the same rights of our Program, reciprocatory or not. MI allows a MMJ Carded Pt from another US State or Territory, to be in Michigan, Not be a Resident of Michigan, Not have a Connected and Assigned Caregiver in the State of Michigan, and yet have full Protections supposedly provided to the Michigan registrants via the Act.

that includes the rights to Acquire, transfer, deliver, process, and possess, both internally and externally, Medical Cannabis so long as the limit of under 2.5 ounces is followed. To reiterate my interpretation, delivery and Transfer, when delt with in a Service, either public or medical, always has cost associated with the act of delivery and transfer, Thus remuneration that is accepted for the delivery or transfer of cannabis for Medical Use, it expressly authorized in the definition of Medical Use.

Only when you take the terms Delivery and Use, and define then in a non service industry aspect, does it lose its monetary connection.

ie, The mother and baby are doing FINE after the Delivery (but even this has cost? ever pay for child birth? that delivery isnt free).

or "that comic has GREAT Delivery" (again still cost associated, ever go to a club and see a comic for FREE?)

so Delivery can not be understood by the general citizen to have Zero Cost associated with the definition of the term. Same with Transfer (Think house title or vehicle titel transfer fees) nor process or manufacture. Possess in probaly the ONLY Definition in Medial USE, that does not have a monetary value directly associated with its own definition as understood by the general citizen of Michgian.

So Per Bill Schuettes Opine, We the People are SO Stupid, we allowed a Visiting Patient to come into Michigan (again, for the point of discussion, whether that state is allowing for reciprocatory visiting patient clause is a mute point) and have the Same Protections as our Registrants but he has no legal way to acquire because he can NOT get an Assinged Caregiver via our Mi MMMP Registry.

so Delivery can not be understood by the general citizen to have Zero Cost associated with the definition of the term. Same with Transfer (Think house title or vehicle titel transfer fees) nor process or manufacture. Possess in probaly the ONLY Definition in Medial USE, that does not have a monetary value directly associated with its own definition as understood by the general citizen of Michgian.

So Per Bill Schuettes Opine, We the People are SO Stupid, we allowed a Visiting Patient to come into Michigan (again, for the point of discussion, whether that state is allowing for reciprocatory visiting patient clause is a mute point) and have the Same Protections as our Registrants but he has no legal way to acquire because he can NOT get an Assinged Caregiver via our Mi MMMP Registry.

Sales or compensation related to delivery in reality has no bearing as Michigan law never made sales of MJ illegal. The charge is intent to DELIVER, not intent to SELL. The only Michigan law that even mentions sales of MJ is the MMMA. The COA decision is completely wrong as they had to manufacture non existing laws in order to justify it.

Mike