Lets Team Up To Legalize

tricloud

I know this has been discussed in another thread but I wanted to start a new thread to possibly help folks team up and help collect signatures. It seems that we are all facing some possible trouble if one of the recent medical marijuana attack bills passes, and we all know if none pass there will be more to come.

It's time to quit playing games, we NEED to legalize marijuana by changing our state constitution. It will be way more powerful than recalling and we don't need nearly as many signatures. We have started a team and have been doing quite well at collecting signatures. It's cold outside but there are warm indoor places with folks just waiting for someone to put this petition under their nose. I've never seen another piece of paper that people WANT to sign so badly.

We all need to get some petition papers and go to the local party store or bar. Ask the folks working there if you can collect signatures. We have been doing this and sometimes the owners actually ask if THEY can collect signatures. If they do we teach them how and give them a stack of petition papers and a new legal sized clip board or 2. Some party stores will let you stand right inside the store and about 7 out of 10 customers will sign this thing inside. Lots will still sign outside when it's close to 40 degrees too though.

Bars are pretty easy also. Just go directly to the folks working behind the bar with your petitions in hand. 7 out of 10 times the bar maid will sign it and start telling you who else to ask. Don't forget to sit down, drink a soda or coffee and give decent a tip. This way you will be welcome to come back in a day or two and do it again. Hit the bars at different times and days of the week and before events like pool tournaments etc. Get there early, especially at events because signatures get a little sloppy after an hour or 2. You won't believe how many signatures you will get in just a short time.

It's a good idea to get a friend or 2 to help and it's actually kind of fun. Maybe some of us can team up?

We have also found that it don't really matter where you go in an adult crowd, the people want to sign. If you can help in any way go to http://www.repealtoday.org.

We get our legal sized clip boards at http://www.staples.c.../product_182477. These are the size you need for the longer "legal size" paper. We tie a blue pen to each clipboard.

Thanks for ANY help.

I love the enthusiasm, but please people, if you're collecting signatures MAKE SURE YOU'RE DOING IT RIGHT! I recently encountered a business that was collecting sigs and they were collecting a TON of sigs, but every one of their petition sheets was done incorrectly. When I notified them of their mistake, I was met with defensiveness, hostility and outright ignorance. I'm now out collecting sigs, and I've recruited some friends but we're doing the job right and I'm personally making sure every sig is 100% correctly filled out on the petition. Collecting sigs improperly is actually WORSE than not doing it at all...all those incorrect sigs will be voided, but those who signed are under the impression that their voice has been counted, so they won't sign up again and their voice won't matter.

Go Get 'Em...Just Do It Right!!

I love the enthusiasm, but please people, if you're collecting signatures MAKE SURE YOU'RE DOING IT RIGHT! I recently encountered a business that was collecting sigs and they were collecting a TON of sigs, but every one of their petition sheets was done incorrectly. When I notified them of their mistake, I was met with defensiveness, hostility and outright ignorance. I'm now out collecting sigs, and I've recruited some friends but we're doing the job right and I'm personally making sure every sig is 100% correctly filled out on the petition. Collecting sigs improperly is actually WORSE than not doing it at all...all those incorrect sigs will be voided, but those who signed are under the impression that their voice has been counted, so they won't sign up again and their voice won't matter.

Go Get 'Em...Just Do It Right!!

Indeed. If you have biz's do this, stop in right away and make sure they are doing it right! I'm going to stop in at a place today to check in on the situation. YES YES, lets make sure we get them done correctly! Also make sure they understand that each person must use their OWN petition papers. They CAN NOT have multiple collectors using the same papers. If you set up other folks make sure they thoroughly understand how to do it correctly..

how about teaming up to save our law instead. kind of a huge poke in the eye to those on the front line fighting to keep sick people from being imprisoned. legalization is a whole different can of worms that will not address our issues... though i am for legalization, i am not for fighting for it at this time, it wouldnt be prudent! Q.

I agree. Let's try to make sure what we have now is going to be implemented.

Legalization is not going to be what most people think it will be.

It will be legal like tobacco and alcohol, you'll have to buy it from State run or sponsored facilities. Try to get it any other way and you'll still end up in jail.

We need to concentrate on protecting the patients right to decide what medication works best for them.

how about teaming up to save our law instead. kind of a huge poke in the eye to those on the front line fighting to keep sick people from being imprisoned. legalization is a whole different can of worms that will not address our issues... though i am for legalization, i am not for fighting for it at this time, it wouldnt be prudent! Q.

Don't see how it's a poke in the eye at all sir. I am fighting for medical marijuana as well. have sent lots of emails and made phone calls. Legalization is the only way i see to make us safe within the state. Either their sick misinterpretation of our law or legalization and It's pretty obvious they have NO intention of bargaining with us medical marijuana folks.

You folks keep on fighting the med mj fight and I'll fight right along with ya.

Oh, if you read the end prohibition petition it says home growers will have the right to grow. I think this is the next step and it certainly won't be the last.

Yeah you will eventually be able to buy joints like cigarettes but that is still a long ways down the road even if we ended prohibition tomorrow. There is a lot of arguing about medical marijuana and some seem to think marijuana should be exclusive for medical use. Well so is aspirin and i can buy it behind the counter just like we all should be able to do with weed. Most folks don't want to be bothered with growing their own but those who still do will have the right to. Also those who wish to grow on a commercial scale will be able to do that which is a great thing, this is still America ya know. We should have the choice to grow or buy..................

Don't see how it's a poke in the eye at all sir. I am fighting for medical marijuana as well. have sent lots of emails and made phone calls. Legalization is the only way i see to make us safe within the state. Either their sick misinterpretation of our law or legalization and It's pretty obvious they have NO intention of bargaining with us medical marijuana folks.

You folks keep on fighting the med mj fight and I'll fight right along with ya.

Oh, if you read the end prohibition petition it says home growers will have the right to grow. I think this is the next step and it certainly won't be the last.

Yeah you will eventually be able to buy joints like cigarettes but that is still a long ways down the road even if we ended prohibition tomorrow. There is a lot of arguing about medical marijuana and some seem to think marijuana should be exclusive for medical use. Well so is aspirin and i can buy it behind the counter just like we all should be able to do with weed. Most folks don't want to be bothered with growing their own but those who still do will have the right to. Also those who wish to grow on a commercial scale will be able to do that which is a great thing, this is still America ya know. We should have the choice to grow or buy..................

:goodjob::goodjob:

Try getting people down to the joe after hockey games! bet you can get a ton of sigs there!

patients are not safe now, if it is legal you can grow, and be safe, no BS anymore,

Just because it's legal doesn't mean you will be able to grow.

Alcohol is legal but try distilling your own liquor and see what the Feds do.

If it doesn't make money for them then they're not going to let it happen.

The creation of a legal, domestic marijuana industry, fully regulated like alcohol and to prohibit sales to minors would cut off the financial lifeline that empowers gangs to disrupt our streets and threaten our southern border.

Marijuana legalization could be an enormous boon to agricultural production, particularly in some of our most economically-distressed regions. And the beneficial impacts of legalizing marijuana, for our neighbors who struggle with serious illness, for our heavily-burdened system of criminal justice, and for the job creation and economic opportunity it would bring to our State, would only serve to strengthen moral fiber.

Just because it's legal doesn't mean you will be able to grow.

Alcohol is legal but try distilling your own liquor and see what the Feds do.

If it doesn't make money for them then they're not going to let it happen.

It seems kind of biased when you choose distilling as an example. We can legally make beer and wine in Michigan, it's just that it so much cheaper to just buy it. That's what will happen when marijuana is legal. A few of us will keep growing on a small scale, some will move on to become commercial growers, some will quit growing all together and just enjoy buying it at reasonable prices.

The creation of a legal, domestic marijuana industry, fully regulated like alcohol and to prohibit sales to minors would cut off the financial lifeline that empowers gangs to disrupt our streets and threaten our southern border.

Marijuana legalization could be an enormous boon to agricultural production, particularly in some of our most economically-distressed regions. And the beneficial impacts of legalizing marijuana, for our neighbors who struggle with serious illness, for our heavily-burdened system of criminal justice, and for the job creation and economic opportunity it would bring to our State, would only serve to strengthen moral fiber.

I agree.

Archived