Renewal Question

Two quick renewal questions... Do I understand correctly that the soonest I can renew is 60 days prior to the expiration date on my card? Also, the cover page for the application says that if a person has Medicaid the fee is $25. Below that it says that it must be 'full Medicaid' only. In January I went from full coverage to a $221 a month deductible (if I made only enough to qualify for no deductible, $350/mo., I'd be living in a cardboard box). So, do I qualify for the $25 fee or not? It appears that I would not, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks!

The 60 days before renewal is just a general and safest time frame. The reason people say 2 months is you just have to keep in mind that your doctors recomendation is only good for 90 days but you should do it how fits you best. I do it 60 days in advance.

I cannot help you on the medicaid part but it sounds like you must have FULL medicaid but as I said I do not know the logistics of that one. Someone will chime in on that one.

Good luck and good health to you my friend.

I am not sure where this idea (recommendation only being good for 90 days) comes from as it is not addressed in the law per se, yet it is mentioned here quite often. Only sure thing that I know is that I held out on sending my paperwork to the state when I first got it (running under section 8) and didn't submit it for about 6 months, then with Bob and Tories troubles, I decided for the sake of all involved, that I would submit to the state. I got my card with no problems. Can anyone explain to me why this rumor still persists in our community? Informed minds want to know... Peace ... j.b.

I am not sure where this idea (recommendation only being good for 90 days) comes from as it is not addressed in the law per se, yet it is mentioned here quite often. Only sure thing that I know is that I held out on sending my paperwork to the state when I first got it (running under section 8) and didn't submit it for about 6 months, then with Bob and Tories troubles, I decided for the sake of all involved, that I would submit to the state. I got my card with no problems. Can anyone explain to me why this rumor still persists in our community? Informed minds want to know... Peace ... j.b.

Because it is in the FAQ at LARA. http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-27417_51869_52140---,00.html

Not sure if it has the force of law or not though.

Question: Why do I need to have a physician sign and date a "Physician Certification" form? Why can't I just provide my medical records?

Answer: According to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA), a physician must state in writing that the patient has a qualifying debilitating medical condition and that medical marihuana may mitigate the symptoms or effects of that condition. The MMMP contacts each physician during the application process to verify the patient is under the physician's care. A signed and dated "Physician Certification" must be current within 3 months of the date of a person's new or renewal application.

Archived