Veterans To Testify Thursday

I missed the call from Rep. Walshes office as I was voting.

Brett Visner called and confirmed that Orgs. will have 10 min. each with questions

following.

I am almost certain that Veterans for Freedom-Michigan will be allowed 10 Min.

I have to confirm in the morning with Brett.

Please any and all veterans who want to speak let me know, I did not think we would

make it as I just asked yesterday. It was the questions "What about the Veterans"

Any Vets that can send letter to me PLEASE. This may be our only chance to speak.

If there is anyone else who would like to help me please do, I would guess I have about 5 min so far.

PLEASE ALL VETERANS HELP ME!!

If its ok I will post my speach and ask for help

All veterans who wish not to use names I will keep alll information confidential.

Thanks

Tod Billman

www.vffi-mi.org

admin@vffi-mi.org

I missed the call from Rep. Walshes office as I was voting.

Brett Visner called and confirmed that Orgs. will have 10 min. each with questions

following.

I am almost certain that Veterans for Freedom-Michigan will be allowed 10 Min.

I have to confirm in the morning with Brett.

Please any and all veterans who want to speak let me know, I did not think we would

make it as I just asked yesterday. It was the questions "What about the Veterans"

Any Vets that can send letter to me PLEASE. This may be our only chance to speak.

If there is anyone else who would like to help me please do, I would guess I have about 5 min so far.

PLEASE ALL VETERANS HELP ME!!

If its ok I will post my speach and ask for help

All veterans who wish not to use names I will keep alll information confidential.

Thanks

Tod Billman

www.vffi-mi.org

admin@vffi-mi.org

Am a Vet and they did talk about are case maybe i could write something if you need help i have been really working on are case but i will take time out for the MMMA and the Man of steel as they surpport us and have always let me know more about what you would like to get said

Thanks Bob

I think if you could just state your veteran experience.

The world knows the rest of the story.

Kinda sad a Vet was the first to fall :growl:

Thanks again

we have not yet fallen we are fighting harder we are not guilty the people up in Lansing need to know are side of the story what the State P.A is saying about us is not true i will show my V.A card that i have i go their all the time to the VA Doctors

i was inn the Army from 1966-1969 they no what it was like back then i will tell them that

and i did not get ptsd from the army i got mine from Oakland County court system

I began using marijuana in conjunction with Flexeril and Morphine after suffering severe back injuries. Without any medication, this pain level, this torture level, I want to kill myself, I won’t. But I want to. Just to stop the pain. I just cringe at the fact that I might not be able to relieve that pain. I worried that using marijuana to relieve chronic back pain would get me in trouble with the Department of Veterans Affairs. The department last year began allowing former service members to use medical marijuana — in states that have laws permitting it — in conjunction with their regular treatment. VA treatment team made little fuss when I came clean about the marijuana use. Just as it should be, If there is anyone that has earned the right to consume medical marijuana, it’s our nation’s military veterans. Yet, due to the federal government’s outright contempt for medical marijuana, military veterans are left to deal with two layers of bureaucratic madness to sift through in order to use medical marijuana legally. Veterans Affairs allows it in some states while Justice Department cracks down.

The policy clarification has veterans like myself sleeping easier now that we can talk about it with VA doctors without risking our benefits. Wondering why the government continues to classify marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug alongside heroin and deny that the plant has any medicinal use. It’s complete hypocrisy and it’s a war on people, It’s a war on good, compassionate, law-abiding people. There are laws allowing medical marijuana in 16 states and Washington, D.C. You’ve got vets that were told they were going to be respected when it comes to their medicine. And when you start closing the noose around everybody, you are closing it around these vets as well.

The Food and Drug Administration in April approved a study to test whether marijuana could ease symptoms associated with post-traumatic stress disorder, including nightmares, insomnia, anxiety, anger and flashbacks. Those plans were dashed when HHS refused to sell researchers the marijuana needed for the study.

I have been in contact with MAPS and they are very supportive.

They are on the East and West coast but looking to help in the midwest.

The volunteer coordator is from Ill.I have been working on testing lab certifications

and the use of topical oils in controlling inflamination

Wish I had 6 months to set this up.

I will use your testimony if I can?

Rep. Damrow is a vet. He asked what about the vets.

Oakes is a former AG employee she has some good felony removal bills.

Damrow has a bill for Vererans Courts that sound good till you read all the forced testing

and under court control, Rather face a jury. I wonder if thats why he asked?

My dad was the biology teacher for one Rep. He wants to be a patient!

Peace is whats needed one word only.

Thanks

I began using marijuana in conjunction with Flexeril and Morphine after suffering severe back injuries. Without any medication, this pain level, this torture level, I want to kill myself, I won’t. But I want to. Just to stop the pain. I just cringe at the fact that I might not be able to relieve that pain. I worried that using marijuana to relieve chronic back pain would get me in trouble with the Department of Veterans Affairs. The department last year began allowing former service members to use medical marijuana — in states that have laws permitting it — in conjunction with their regular treatment. VA treatment team made little fuss when I came clean about the marijuana use. Just as it should be, If there is anyone that has earned the right to consume medical marijuana, it’s our nation’s military veterans. Yet, due to the federal government’s outright contempt for medical marijuana, military veterans are left to deal with two layers of bureaucratic madness to sift through in order to use medical marijuana legally. Veterans Affairs allows it in some states while Justice Department cracks down.

The policy clarification has veterans like myself sleeping easier now that we can talk about it with VA doctors without risking our benefits. Wondering why the government continues to classify marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug alongside heroin and deny that the plant has any medicinal use. It’s complete hypocrisy and it’s a war on people, It’s a war on good, compassionate, law-abiding people. There are laws allowing medical marijuana in 16 states and Washington, D.C. You’ve got vets that were told they were going to be respected when it comes to their medicine. And when you start closing the noose around everybody, you are closing it around these vets as well.

The Food and Drug Administration in April approved a study to test whether marijuana could ease symptoms associated with post-traumatic stress disorder, including nightmares, insomnia, anxiety, anger and flashbacks. Those plans were dashed when HHS refused to sell researchers the marijuana needed for the study.

goodjob.gifgoodjob.gif

I have been in contact with MAPS and they are very supportive.

They are on the East and West coast but looking to help in the midwest.

The volunteer coordator is from Ill.I have been working on testing lab certifications

and the use of topical oils in controlling inflamination

Wish I had 6 months to set this up.

I will use your testimony if I can?

Rep. Damrow is a vet. He asked what about the vets.

Oakes is a former AG employee she has some good felony removal bills.

Damrow has a bill for Vererans Courts that sound good till you read all the forced testing

and under court control, Rather face a jury. I wonder if thats why he asked?

My dad was the biology teacher for one Rep. He wants to be a patient!

Peace is whats needed one word only.

Thanks

Man of steel, You may use my testimony, if you think it will help to get our message out.

Would be proud to work with any Vet and help in anyway I can to improve the quality of life for our heroes.

Veterans of our military are persons that have earned a place of respect among the population and government of America. Marijuana users are among the least respected Americans, even medical users are seen as a fringe group of people with a legal excuse to "get high".

I have a deep respect of our vets...I will never forget that what they do, they do for us, even when we have a war the American people do not want (see Iraqi Freedom) the soldier joins the military like devout monogamists that have gotten married, its for better or worse and for thick or thin... even when a soldier disagrees with a publicized reason for a war he will still be their for us. Forever haunted by the faces of those he has lost and those he has killed, all for us. SO GIVE THEM SOME darn UNDERSTANDING already and let them use the medicine they choose, at least they have earned that right... right?

Mike.

I have a Purple Heart, Bronze Star, and 100% disabled combat veteran. Marijuana has given me my life back. I'm not a Zombie anymore, because of i don't need Oxyconton. Please let me be able to enjoy playing with my grandchildren. To the powers that be: Leave our Marijuna Law Alone, just enact it.

I have the paper work, but wish to remain anonomous.

I would be glad to present it in an anonomous way.

The testimonies will be submitted with no names.

If they will not accept them we will know that they don't care

Veterans deserve the privacy they fought for.

If you would like to post it here or send it to

www.vff-mi.org I promise to keep all names unknown

unless otherwise specified.

Thanks

I would be glad to present it in an anonomous way.

The testimonies will be submitted with no names.

If they will not accept them we will know that they don't care

Veterans deserve the privacy they fought for.

If you would like to post it here or send it to

www.vff-mi.org I promise to keep all names unknown

unless otherwise specified.

Thanks

if you need a name pm me, i'm legit. its just i don't like throwing my disabilities out there. I'm from the era that Combat Vets, got thrown to the curb, when they came home. I'm sure there are other vets out there, that know what i'm talk'n about. But i still beleive in fighting the fight, for whats right.

yes and yes I was I got lost in my own paperwork, They asked me to move the mike and that was all it took.

I tried to make them understand about excessive doctor visits.

They don't understand as a doctors visit is just a greens fee to them.

Its food for us poor people.

Bob at least they know you are a vet.

The really strange part I sat next to officers Gill and Gill

Michigan State Police Sgt. Dwayne Hill as reported is incorrect as M-live reported.

The non narcotic Gill was fun to talk to.

Rep Brown is good see the vicodine and the applause.

Thanks

Thank you for standing by your guns under the questioning. I am discovering that these folks don't really know what is going on in the 'real' world, they were surprised to find that we have been barred from mentioning "medical marijuana" in most cases. Thank you man of steel for your service both past and present. j.b. (army - vietnam vet)

yes and yes I was I got lost in my own paperwork, They asked me to move the mike and that was all it took.

I tried to make them understand about excessive doctor visits.

They don't understand as a doctors visit is just a greens fee to them.

Its food for us poor people.

Bob at least they know you are a vet. Yes they do now and they will get the chance to see me next week

The really strange part I sat next to officers Gill and Gill

Michigan State Police Sgt. Dwayne Hill as reported is incorrect as M-live reported.

The non narcotic Gill was fun to talk to.

Rep Brown is good see the vicodine and the applause.

Thanks

thanks i wish i could have gone i was so stressed out from being inn court for almost 3 years

Archived