Something To Think About

I see the latest trend is people talking about mandatory testing of meds.Hey if You cant tell if Your meds work for You by all means have it tested.But to come to some conclusion they all need to be tested is crazy.My number 1 reason to not get tested is tissue culture.

My link

If they can bring back something 30,000 years old I would bet there is the possibility of regenerating freshly cured meds.I'm not saying this is being done but I bet it could be done.Thoughts anyone?

? you seem to have several points or themes.

1. you think the testing companies are stealing strains by performing tissue cultures.

2. you think people test meds to see if it works, they don't. They test to ensure it does not have pesticides and molds. It does help to know THC/CBD ratios - then you can pick an alternative strain based on the ratio. My wonder haze is a 90:1 ratio.

3. Testing is a method we are using to show society that we care and know about what we are ingesting, unlike that fake marijuana which people have no ingredient label for.

It is a tactic we have to use to show society we can police ourselves, we do not need the government to 'help us' like the FDA and DEA do so well.

you do not have to test your meds, but it does make you look a bit more legitimate to a new patient now.

DN

1. you think the testing companies are stealing strains by performing tissue cultures.

2. you think people test meds to see if it works, they don't. They test to ensure it does not have pesticides and molds. It does help to know THC/CBD ratios - then you can pick an alternative strain based on the ratio. My wonder haze is a 90:1 ratio.

3. Testing is a method we are using to show society that we care and know about what we are ingesting, unlike that fake marijuana which people have no ingredient label for.

It is a tactic we have to use to show society we can police ourselves, we do not need the government to 'help us' like the FDA and DEA do so well.

you do not have to test your meds, but it does make you look a bit more legitimate to a new patient now.

DN

Great points DN! Most of our clients willingly share genetics with us if we ask so we have no need to even attempt tissue culture. We're actually in the process of making CBD-rich strains available to patients and caregivers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHVNWG4yU1pwM1VGQW4yTmk4RGYxcEE6MQ#gid=0

it is not easy AT ALL to perform tissue cultures unless you are quite skilled. I am curious what cannalytics thinks about the new quantacann testing system?

I don't have a ton of personal experience with NIR however if the wet chemistry data used to train the data extrapolation/NIR spectra interpretation scripts was performed correctly it seems like a viable option for quickly assessing cannabinoid potencies and moisture content of plant material (and possibly concentrates, but not edibles). Last I heard they were $5000/month to lease from Steep Hill but allowed one to perform unlimited tests.

We feel confident that there will still remain a demand for an in-state wet chemistry lab such as ours. Our typical turnaround time is less than 24 hours and our pricing is fair. We also have 150 visitors per day to our website and generate 60,000 Facebook newsfeed impressions per month, along with social media integration options for our clients to automatically share their results.

Great points DN! Most of our clients willingly share genetics with us if we ask so we have no need to even attempt tissue culture. We're actually in the process of making CBD-rich strains available to patients and caregivers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHVNWG4yU1pwM1VGQW4yTmk4RGYxcEE6MQ#gid=0

Great Answer!

I am a patient and I grew my own for the first time and had a sample tested by cannalytics. I drove to Lansing to drop off my sample. I had found out about them at the medical cannabis cup and they seemed legitimate. Cannalytics took time to get to know the style it was grown in, and even have tips for increasing a yield for the next grow around. The people who represent cannalytics really know their stuff. I am very thankful that they even had the means of doing this available, and then helping other patients get quality assurance is great!! Now I know that I have room to improve, but my stuff is still better than regs :) lmao

I have no problem with getting all meds tested as this could help indicate to unfamiliar patients on proper dosage (I know some people with a very LOW tolerance) and lets people like me know when I actually want to donate money to someone else's time and effort when I know they are growing as great, or hopefully better, end product than my own!

Thanks cannalytics, you guys rock!! (even though you forgot to being some cannalytics swag to out meeting :-D)

I don't have a problem with testing the meds, but why do we need to make it mandatory?

it's arguable that the need is for:

1. residual pesticides & fungicides

2. bacterial & fungal infestation

3. cannabinoid profiles for patient & even grower guidance

4. it lends to legitimizing the whole endeavor

but:

1. they have to test for specific known chemicals... & lack of residual presence doesn't mean it hadn't ever been applied to those plants

2. same thing here... must test for specific strains... and all samples will germinate something, once exposed to air or even bare hands, so it's a relative & subjective over/under scale

3. these are guidelines & vary to a noticeable degree from testing facility/methodology to testing facility... and even from sample to sample... and from crop to crop... and growing condition to growing condition... plus there's a margin of error

4. looks pretty & is novel... but would mean very little unless standards were in place... and everyone adhered to em.

from a patient/user safety issue... 1&2 clearly outweigh the necessity of 3... as at the end of the day, the guidelines mean little & a patient must invariably sample the meds to understand the effects it will have on them, as a unique person. mandatory...? sure would be nice to know the meds are free of any adulterants though. peace.

I see the latest trend is people talking about mandatory testing of meds.Hey if You cant tell if Your meds work for You by all means have it tested.But to come to some conclusion they all need to be tested is crazy.My number 1 reason to not get tested is tissue culture.

My link

If they can bring back something 30,000 years old I would bet there is the possibility of regenerating freshly cured meds.I'm not saying this is being done but I bet it could be done.Thoughts anyone?

I was thinking that the seed offered in seed banks should show test info. test are affordable and labs are showing up more and more. just so we know what strain would match your needs.

I was thinking that the seed offered in seed banks should show test info. test are affordable and labs are showing up more and more. just so we know what strain would match your needs.

Many seed banks to provide test results however each seed out of the pack could likely have a different cannabinoid ratio and overall potency, not to mention the variability due to the environment the sample was grown in.

Many seed banks to provide test results however each seed out of the pack could likely have a different cannabinoid ratio and overall potency, not to mention the variability due to the environment the sample was grown in.

You are right about this, I have been growing from seed using reputable breeder's packs for several years. It is hard to believe the variations in plants, even with feminized seeds. It sometimes makes me wonder how secure some of these breeding facilities are, and how stringent their quality control is.

often it's the mother specimen that they originally used for the cross... not the progeny at all.

DN

Hello dm.... i see you seem to be assuming somethings in your post....You say people get it tested to check for mold and stuff, ive seen several. ok a whole lot of people showing off testing results and all they ever mention is thc, for the vast majority its just an over priced bragging right. With that said you seem to assume that testing one gram for mold out of a 400 gram plant means the other 399 dont have mold, bugs etc....your wrong. the testing we use only test the sample, and that doesn't equate to the rest being safe. no testing doesn't make us more credible. no proof of that, it creates more bs, more need for regulation, oh ya, more cost on the patient so he can smoke moldy meds and some cg can brag about how good his one gram was.testing really does nothing but open us up to more government intervention. my patients know my stuffs good...they tried it it worked.

Hello dm.... i see you seem to be assuming somethings in your post....You say people get it tested to check for mold and stuff, ive seen several. ok a whole lot of people showing off testing results and all they ever mention is thc, for the vast majority its just an over priced bragging right. With that said you seem to assume that testing one gram for mold out of a 400 gram plant means the other 399 dont have mold, bugs etc....your wrong. the testing we use only test the sample, and that doesn't equate to the rest being safe. no testing doesn't make us more credible. no proof of that, it creates more bs, more need for regulation, oh ya, more cost on the patient so he can smoke moldy meds and some cg can brag about how good his one gram was.testing really does nothing but open us up to more government intervention. my patients know my stuffs good...they tried it it worked.

What he said ^

Archived