Roaster Oven Cannabutter--Ideal Temperature?

On my quest to perfect my cannabutter, I thought I'd try something a little different. I am working on a batch of butter too large for my little crockpot, and then i realized I have a roaster oven I can use! It seems like this may work quite since one can set the oven to a specific temperature and let it sit. So, my qeustion (today) is whatr is the ideal temperature to set on my roaster oven?

I will of course be decarbing before starting the process to avoid the issues I originally had, and, after some reading, it suggests the temperature for the butter whilst cooking is 180-200 degrees farenheit. Does this sound about right if I were to leave my oven at a set temp of 200 degrees and went about my daily business waiting for the goodies to cook? Thanks!

I have been doing alot of reading on this particular subject. Ed Rosenthal suggests keeping temp @ 225 for 20 min.

So I'm going with that. Also has a micro method that works. Lots of different opinions out there. He is reliable.

Just got his medible book, From Trash to Stash....really worthwhile if you are serious about medibles.

[/u][/b]

On my quest to perfect my cannabutter, I thought I'd try something a little different. I am working on a batch of butter too large for my little crockpot, and then i realized I have a roaster oven I can use! It seems like this may work quite since one can set the oven to a specific temperature and let it sit. So, my qeustion (today) is whatr is the ideal temperature to set on my roaster oven?

I will of course be decarbing before starting the process to avoid the issues I originally had, and, after some reading, it suggests the temperature for the butter whilst cooking is 180-200 degrees farenheit. Does this sound about right if I were to leave my oven at a set temp of 200 degrees and went about my daily business waiting for the goodies to cook? Thanks!

I have been doing alot of reading on this particular subject. Ed Rosenthal suggests keeping temp @ 225 for 20 min.

So I'm going with that. Also has a micro method that works. Lots of different opinions out there. He is reliable.

Just got his medible book, From Trash to Stash....really worthwhile if you are serious about medibles.

[/u][/b]

If you really want to get to the bottom of it, submit samples to create a time course for the activation process. Take a beginning sample, an end sample, and a few in between at even time intervals. Testing is the only way to know. We know that our 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes before mixing with any other ingredients method is proven to work. Other combinations of times and temperatures will work but it's really going to vary depending upon what type of oil/butter you're using and which temperature you pick.

Archived