Best Reflective Material?

TheBeagle

Just for the thread . I did some research on ballasts. A 400 watt digital dimmable would of proballey been the best for your spot . In time you will want another one a dual might of been the way to go to depending on price .The best for a personal grower because it is the most energy effecient are 600 watts but it would be too much for that little closet a 600 dimmable can be run at 600 / 400 or 300 watts the 250 dimmables run at 250 /175/150 . some like the Lumateck have the abillity to run different size bulbs not just dim the power reducing watts plus the have a feature that pushes 15% more power through the bulb for the end of flower . A 600 /400 / 300 or 400/250/150 are set ups for single patients on a budget . 600 watt are considered the best for a individuals personal grow economy and most energy efficient . Some pros only use 600 watt and allot of them instead of 1000 watts for that fact .

I know now from experience more watts equal faster growth and stronger plants . I was using 400 watts and had a 5 month schedule for a crop . Now I am using 800 / 1000 and my plants are growing almost twice as fast with thick stalks and green leaves . I might get to finish in 3.5 months now from seed . You get a big head start for a stagered grow by purchasing some two foot clones or someones old Mother plant to flower right away . The plants are not only growing faster but the buds are much denser , even and deeper all through the plant with added light which sadly also makes heat . I am ready to consider drilling a hole and venting . People out here are pretty tolerant as long as you don't advocate drivng right away after using , keep to yourself and behave politely .

Ps the Sunshine Mix advanced #4 has all the mixing done and is lighter due to the use of coco and fluffs up a 1 cu foot bail is 27 pounds and fills 3 5 gallon containers . I found it for $13 a bag with handles . I was able to break it up and transfer with the bag on the ground and a 5 gallon smart pot with handles weighs about 10 pounds wet with soil and a clone . You could proballey use 2 gallon pots in that small space . You really need a seperate flower and veg place so you can always have seedlings to pre flower sexing on one side and Flower on the right with a 250 it may take more then 12 weeks to flower . Fan pushes heat through the hood or tube doesnt pull heat through it and the bearings with the appropriate sized intake vent .Flat white paint and Doubled up 5.5 or 6 mil panda film or sheetrock as a divider perhaps .

i figure i would go with paint the only reason i got the 250 is well im not goin to grow any more then 4 plants MAX, yes im allowed 12 but...i really see no need for it 4 plants after bud will last me quite a longg time i dont plan on becoming a pro grower , thats not my intentions i just need my grow to support my use and i think a 250 with 3 er 4 plants will do me great, I don't plan on doing back to back grows im grow 4 when its runs out, i dont mind goin to a disp not a prob. Im not a heavy smoker by any means 8 oz off 4 plants will last be prob 5 months maybe longer.

i figure i would go with paint the only reason i got the 250 is well im not goin to grow any more then 4 plants MAX, yes im allowed 12 but...i really see no need for it 4 plants after bud will last me quite a longg time i dont plan on becoming a pro grower , thats not my intentions i just need my grow to support my use and i think a 250 with 3 er 4 plants will do me great, I don't plan on doing back to back grows im grow 4 when its runs out, i dont mind goin to a disp not a prob. Im not a heavy smoker by any means 8 oz off 4 plants will last be prob 5 months maybe longer.

What your not considering is you will have males and females with one grow area only you will be confined to what plants you started period if you have 3 males and one female you will need to destroy the maies and put one loan female in flower tieing up your room for 5 months . You will only be able to have a veg schedule or flower light schedule at one time . If you have runts that aren't really worth flowering yet you will have to wait for catch up or flower it with the others . The light issue is just what the plants require to grow at a reasonable pace many of us have learned who are not professional growers . It is tough on 400 watts . You may do better . Myself to have any chance of no overages and a non interupted supply a seperate veg and flower room is required . I move plants as required after sexing into the flower room as required and able . I stage in the veg room . Hopefully they are done 12 weeks later . Electricity is way less expensive then medical grade cannabis and tolerance develops I use 4 times what I started on now for the same effect but it does help with function and quality of life which is still unbearable at times . Good luck I think your doing great it shouldn't be any problem to make changes later if you decide it is worth it . We are just trying to share what we found necessary the hard way .

As said a dozen times, flat white paint is the best. It can be up to 95% reflective, it helps keep the heat down by absorbing radiant heat, it is easy to clean, gives no spot for mold or mildew to grow, no place for pests to hide, mo hot spots, and it is the cheapest. The next best most recommend is panda film.

There is an additive to use in paint to prevent mold. Professional painters use it to paint bathrooms and other potentially moist rooms.

Get flat white with the highest percentage of titanium dioxide. It will be the brightest. I got mine at Sherwin Williams.

I agree with the paint. Wish I did that in the beginning. But I bought the super roll of Mylar. Oh well, it's a learning journey. Another plus to the Mylar over paint is you hang sheets off the ceiling to get it directly on the side of the plant. Don't forget side lighting. I did that with T5's and made a huge difference.

Killz primmer -mold resistant, reflects light well.

this is great stuff to stop the mold. I would then put up light-tite diamond foil(it's not foil)but poly has a way of getting condensation behind it. so the mold proof kills is the way to start.

What your not considering is you will have males and females with one grow area only you will be confined to what plants you started period if you have 3 males and one female you will need to destroy the maies and put one loan female in flower tieing up your room for 5 months . You will only be able to have a veg schedule or flower light schedule at one time . If you have runts that aren't really worth flowering yet you will have to wait for catch up or flower it with the others . The light issue is just what the plants require to grow at a reasonable pace many of us have learned who are not professional growers . It is tough on 400 watts . You may do better . Myself to have any chance of no overages and a non interupted supply a seperate veg and flower room is required . I move plants as required after sexing into the flower room as required and able . I stage in the veg room . Hopefully they are done 12 weeks later . Electricity is way less expensive then medical grade cannabis and tolerance develops I use 4 times what I started on now for the same effect but it does help with function and quality of life which is still unbearable at times . Good luck I think your doing great it shouldn't be any problem to make changes later if you decide it is worth it . We are just trying to share what we found necessary the hard way .

yes i understand about the males but im not always starting from seed maybe only the 1st 4 grows ill do see then move to clones, and i also have the choice of femenized seeds,as for the timers should be pretty easy i have purchase 2 timers one set on 12/12 and one set on 12/6 when i need to go in to flower i just unplug from one plug into other

Lowes, Insulation Isle

Dow 1 inch styro with a 93% reflective covering 6.00 a sheet. sheets were 4x8 at 1 inch thick.

that's foil. it creates hot spots,heat, and stress. foil has also been blamed for an increase in hermies. even regular Mylar is now frowned on cause it doesn't defuse the light. flat white paint, white poly, diamond foil,(not really foil)and Orca all defuse the light and make more usable light without creating heat. now if they would put white cords on everything.

There is an additive to use in paint to prevent mold. Professional painters use it to paint bathrooms and other potentially moist rooms.

Get flat white with the highest percentage of titanium dioxide. It will be the brightest. I got mine at Sherwin Williams.

they got it at Wall-mart for way less or Home depot

yes i understand about the males but im not always starting from seed maybe only the 1st 4 grows ill do see then move to clones, and i also have the choice of femenized seeds,as for the timers should be pretty easy i have purchase 2 timers one set on 12/12 and one set on 12/6 when i need to go in to flower i just unplug from one plug into other

I have been breeding and they say not to use femenized stock . I have been putting mongolian indica with everyting I grow then germinating the seeds and doing it again the leaves are getting broader. I tried some feminized snow white once and they were great everyone popped and was female . Hopefully your black widow will do the same . Your ok there is no right way to do this but you thought everything out well and got some input from your peers . You will have good results . I bet that 250 works well with your walls painted in that space . Hope you can show us a picture and you get to harvest sooner then 5 months . Remember some of us aren't too with it . There are periods when I can't even go to my grow room for 2 to 3 days at a time . It survives but you know it doesn't help . I only leave the house a few days a month and when I am out its a good day or I wouldn't go out

well i just bought 2 digital timers and a indoor.outdoor temp guage i need to get that set up in the next couple weeks im need to get some paint and primer then buckets etctec im in no rush as i got 6 months to go.......prob... so every week er 2 i pick little things up here n there

Archived