Official Trash Tags

When I hear lawyers or police officers talk about the progression to the raid on the cannabis grow, they often talk about searching trash bags for evidence of marijuana. If found, they then show that 'evidence' to the judge as reason to get the warrant.

I have been wondering if this is a good idea or not. Also, sorry if this has been discussed already.

If we dispose of cannabis in our trash, would it be a good idea to put some sort of very small indication of your patient status? A one inch by one inch piece of paper in the trash that says 'cannabis patient x12345678'. I guess I'm assuming that the only person that would see this would be a police officer searching the trash, but trash is open to passers-by too. I was also thinking that the average person would notice the cannabis long before this tag if they happened to start searching.

I mentioned LARA or MS or MMMA issuing the trash tags to add some level of validity for LEO's benefit. Thoughts?

it's well known they go through the trash, I make sure there is nothing there for them to find.

Composting is not always a good Idea, as if they do raid they will go through the compost pile too. Anything that resembles cannabis will be added to your weight. :growl:

Wood burning stove is my solution to the evidence, I would like to be able to compost it, but it's not worth the risk.

it's well known they go through the trash, I make sure there is nothing there for them to find.

Composting is not always a good Idea, as if they do raid they will go through the compost pile too. Anything that resembles cannabis will be added to your weight. :growl:

Wood burning stove is my solution to the evidence, I would like to be able to compost it, but it's not worth the risk.

The Act says roots seeds and stems do not count . I put them in a worm bin . But I have no place to burn its not legal here . I think burning if you can is a great way to go if your fireplace is being used anyways . .

Edited by Croppled1

This is an important issue, and I believe all caregivers should have an immediate way to dispose of matials in a way that does not provide evidence for the LEO. Dead plants, leaves other items from plant that do not find there way to the patient, should be destroyed. It should not be assumed that LEO kmows the law. The wood burning stove is a good suggestion, or some other device or machine that changes the composition of the material so it is unidentifiable. Feel free to suggest what this device should be, but a clean uncluttered room, is best, should Leo find it's way in to the garden.

I like to chop everything up into little bits and scatter them around the neighborhood. If they ever bring a drug sniffing dog around here they'll think everyone on the block is growing...

Freaking Highlarious ( pun intended )

I think that I am going to follow your lead.

Really freak the K9 team out !! :-}

Thanks for the prank idea.

When I hear lawyers or police officers talk about the progression to the raid on the cannabis grow, they often talk about searching trash bags for evidence of marijuana. If found, they then show that 'evidence' to the judge as reason to get the warrant.

I have been wondering if this is a good idea or not. Also, sorry if this has been discussed already.

If we dispose of cannabis in our trash, would it be a good idea to put some sort of very small indication of your patient status? A one inch by one inch piece of paper in the trash that says 'cannabis patient x12345678'. I guess I'm assuming that the only person that would see this would be a police officer searching the trash, but trash is open to passers-by too. I was also thinking that the average person would notice the cannabis long before this tag if they happened to start searching.

I mentioned LARA or MS or MMMA issuing the trash tags to add some level of validity for LEO's benefit. Thoughts?

I guess I worded the question poorly.

If, because of your own circumstances, you must dispose of your marijuana waste in your own trash, would it be a good idea to include something in that same trash bag indicating your patient number?

They wouldn't care about protecting you . They would just schedule you as a no knock raid if sales were suspected . No sales outside a cardholder caregiver relationship there should be no problem . I don't believe a non remumerated transfer would bring them in with all they have to do but you never know . I wouldn't advertise participating in Farmers Markets but in time that hopefully will gain acceptance .

In officers defense they receive zero medical cannabis training and see some pretty wicked behaviors with resistance out there from criminals who understand the penalities involved . Most patients without or a very limited criminal history never think they will be jailed or persecuted under assumed to be trafficing laws for merely growing . Most Citizens don't understand just the act of growing is treated as manafacturing and distribution in the eyes of courts even when it isn't true and everything is for personal medical use . Seeds stalks roots and all count for non medical patients .

That has been a real problem as zero tolerance meets medical cannabis patients through eyes resistant to change unwilling to educate themselves on the topic as well as that of State vs Federal Law . If the Court doesn't enforce the law it doesn't exist as we have seen in many Courts with the affirmative defense. I have seen people arrested and you don't even have the protections of access to normal medications and adaptive devices like canes , crutches or power wheel chairs . Why anyone would want more reasons to violate medical patients legal status is beyond me . Nor make further barriers to work and education dis- allowing for patient contributions to our economy .

I think there was a thread someowhere on how people disposed of the waste . I just compost it or put it in my worm bin but not in the trash as a general rule . I spread the dirt out in my raised garden beds . Truthfully one should be able to put it in the trash . This is suppose to be legal activity but I understand the fear all too well . Jail time is just impossible for many patients to tolerate due to a inhabillity to maintain personal medical routines that keep suffering tolerable . Many of us would of already died or deteriorated more with no quality of life had we not found this treatment .

Every time you worry just remember there are thousands of caregivers participating in markets or dispensaries around the State and it is very infrequent anyone in law enforcement follows them home as part of a investigation and goes through their trash - but being cautious is good . Renters or large growers can take it to the section of their dump that handles garden waste if able too also . If your in a apartment that might work . You shouldn't have much unless your a caregiver with 72 plants and even then its like two or three trash bags tops and shouldn't be all at once . Many people boil the stalks for butter which softens and compacts them . I don't know what people do with the roots but I heard salves can be made . The real problem is the dirt for most people . Hydroponics rids one of that issue . If you own land start a raised bed garden .

That patients still have these concerns shows we have a long way to go to implement the law as the voters intended and it is written .

Edited by Croppled1

I keep 66 Gallons fruit barrels in my grow and I put all of my leaf material in the barrels with water (Never any dry weight) and use it for compost tea. The leaf material will rot and makes for an excellent addition to your outdoor gardens. This also will allow you to use less chemical fertilizers, I use Miracle Grow for my veg at half strength every 14 days or so. In case you're wondering, I produce only high quality, top shelf meds using this formula (genetics could be a factor, lol).

it goes on the lawn before I cut the grass.

Since judges know that this state does allow legal grows, simply finding stems, leaves, a hot FLIR reading, dank smell, or your electric meter dancing - is not enough to presume an illegal grow is occuring.

They will likely present to a judge evidence of a snitch, drug traffic, exposed grows (not enclosed), and undercover buys to prove that you are illegal.

I would hope the first question a judge asks, "are they on the MMMP registry?"

DN