Can My Card Get Mailed To A Po Box?

Hello everybody. I applied for my medical card in January and I got approved. I got my letter of approval last month. I know that it takes about 4-5 months for a card to come in. But I am considering changing my address because I live with my folks. I'm 24 and just graduated from college, so I'm back home here temporarily, and my parents don't know that I got certified. In fact I'd prefer for them not to know about it.

I had a card last year but didn't renew it before it expired in October, so I got a new card. It (old card) was sent to my address in college, even though the mailing address was different than what's listed on my driver's license.

Anyway, just thought I would provide a that information for what it was worth. My question is can I have my card sent to me in a PO BOX? I am completely aware that I have to fill out a change of address form and send in a $10 fee. All I need to know is can I have it sent to a PO BOX if I change my mailing address? I looked at the form, all they need is a copy of my current photo id, changed address, and the fee.

I tried calling the number on the MMMP website but I just got an automated message. I sent an email to them too. All accurate information is appreciated, thank you my fellow patients.

The answer is yes you can have it sent to a PO box but the real question is can you intercept it and change it to the po box before the card is sent out on a card that is already in the application process. That I do not know about but that is what the question now should be.

The answer is yes you can have it sent to a PO box but the real question is can you intercept it and change it to the po box before the card is sent out on a card that is already in the application process. That I do not know about but that is what the question now should be.

I'm pretty sure I can. It takes 4-5 months for the card itself to come in. I got certified in middle January. I doubt that my card has been printed yet. I'm sure I'll be good.

• 5 months later...

a friend of mine is in a similar situation. he asked me if he could put my address as his mailing address to prevent his parents from intercepting his mail. my thinking is that if a po box is acceptable, then someone else's address is acceptable. 2 possible issues came to mind though... first, the mailman might not deliver someone else's mail to my mailbox. second, if he ever needed to present his id to leo, it might put him/me in an awkward situation if his id doesn't match his license.

any thoughts?

a friend of mine is in a similar situation. he asked me if he could put my address as his mailing address to prevent his parents from intercepting his mail. my thinking is that if a po box is acceptable, then someone else's address is acceptable. 2 possible issues came to mind though... first, the mailman might not deliver someone else's mail to my mailbox. second, if he ever needed to present his id to leo, it might put him/me in an awkward situation if his id doesn't match his license.

any thoughts?

If you're concerned about the mailman delivering to your PO box then ask a clerk if you can revise your PO Box application to add another party to receive mail there. If your friend is concerned about LEOs and ID address, he can go to the secretary of state and do a change of address and ask them to put the PO box on his car registration or something, which they will do. I one had my PO Box put right on my DL. Or have him get a cell phone bill or something sent to the po box so he can carry some mail with his name and the PO Box on it.

If you're concerned about the mailman delivering to your PO box then ask a clerk if you can revise your PO Box application to add another party to receive mail there. If your friend is concerned about LEOs and ID address, he can go to the secretary of state and do a change of address and ask them to put the PO box on his car registration or something, which they will do. I one had my PO Box put right on my DL. Or have him get a cell phone bill or something sent to the po box so he can carry some mail with his name and the PO Box on it.

I was told a few years back a DL could not use a PO box as an address, this would not be the first time SOS gave me bad info

I was told a few years back a DL could not use a PO box as an address, this would not be the first time SOS gave me bad info

Just to clarify the DL had the street address and a PO Box on the address line

Just to clarify the DL had the street address and a PO Box on the address line

PO Boxes are fine for mail - this is federal issue. The State WILL send the Reg. Cards to PO Boxes. Indeed, I suggest everyone have a PO Box as it removes a street address from the database --- we all know

if they get an address it could be hit if they are able to access the database.

For that matter anyone can call the MMMProgram Phone and give a DOB, Name or SSN and get information -- they should not be doing this but are. I know I called. The office has sloppy

procedures for phone calls as they should NOT be giving any information on over the phone, as LEO can simply call and act like s/he is "John Doe" and get info from the employees.

This is more administrative than anything as the employees at the Michigan Medical Marijuana Program Office should know better and that the info is CONFIDENTIAL. -- It will probably

take a lawsuit to stop it as I saw this very issue raised last year but they still spew out information if you call and give them a name or other ID info....sad...

Just goes to show ya, we need some STRONG LEADERSHIP here in Michigan with the resources to confront the Program Director and get changes made....at present, this does NOT exist in MICH.

We need to change that. How, I do not know as it would need funding like $1 per card holder into a seperate account that the States, so the Leadership could hire a Law Firm to sue the State. any ideas on how this could be funded?

Peace,

Murph