Purple Bud

Robman

Purple Haze indoor and outdoor is Baby's Breath.

Daily Toker,

are those commercially available strains or private lines ?

Where can I pick up some beans for either of those ?

The plant that is pure purple is that purple haze ? ( I am assuming it is )

I have had numerous different colors in bud, but never in leaf unless it was temperature or nutrients..

Is that the normal leaf color or colored temperature stress ?

Absolutely beautiful plants. I have gardened and went to botanical gardens for over 30 years, and that purple haze (?) Is stunning in form, leaf and flower.. Beautiful !!!

Great Daily Toker,

Now you have put me on a strain hunt. I have to have it.

After all purple is my favorite color. :-)

Edited by ilynnboy

darn Brains, thats pretty neat! Purple Trichs? Can't say I've heard of that before! You learn something new everyday! Thanks man.

thanks "D" :rolleyes:

i can tell ya that i donated that bud to a mutual friend the last time i saw u guys in Jackson...and Bri actually took that picture of it and sent it to me.:pic:....i had not seen my purps blown up yet... :blink:

i immediatly went and bought a camera from Tarzan so i can take more..giggle :D

made me really excited.. so more pics will be coming....:goodjob:

No this is one of my own strains.

Michigan purple lites #4

She is pure michigan :thumbsu:

Krusty, that plant is awesome. Certainly in love with it.

Matter fact at this point you all have me jealous with your plants. All I can say is, I ordered a vertigo from paradise so I could have some color.

It had decent reviews. Even for an auto. Matters little to me, in the end i will have admired its color in the grow, and from there be happy for the oils it will provide.

Like to see one of mine grown bigger as she would make a lovely tree. I've not done one bigger then 2ft tall yet. She'd be dam purty at 6ft :devil:

what r u waiting for LOL....

a few more of my lovely purps... this one was about 4 foot finished...i have maybe 2 that are closer to 5 foot now.... i would love to see her go to six foot... that would be amazing...i think she would need at least another week in flower... monstrous beast....chainsaw time...lol

SNC01439.jpg

SNC01437.jpg

SNC01432.jpg

SNC01422.jpg

Ok this thread is worse then ever now. I am freaking drooling now. Thanks for that Brains. Wasnt as if Krusty teased, but you just flat out treated me like a cheap date.

Im literally loving that plant. All kinds of nasty thoughts just ran thru my mind looking at that.

Everyone here with these purples, I know what I search now.

Real noob question, I seen a plant that from seedling on grew deep purple leaves. Ufortuantely i lost the bookmark on it. It grew naturally no forcing anything. Since then have googled the heck out of lappy, android and desktop, seems I cant find it now.

Anyways any of you guys ever see it before, or know its name? Its driving me insane now.

should these two make it, i ll planning on atleast 4 fters if i can get it

Yep was thinking you guys would do me proud. I grew a few of the purps out bigger but she wasn't the right color and was why I went to brewing my own. The grape flavor carried thru to the number 3 but not to the 4 which I'll have to still work on. I want the taste of my n/l tlb but the dark color of the purple headknocker so a mix'n we will go again. Gonna take a while to get to brew'n again and finding the right colored male in the beans to do another cross back with the n/l tlb.

She does have the purp crossed with the #4 but only once. Well maybe twice, hell I can't remember have to get my notes out and see. Got the color and she is stable and tasty but not to my picky standards. 4 just does not have the flavor I'm after....

Ok on to the purple leaf question. Only time I've seen purple leafs was when the plant was lacking nutes or got cold or was stressed so when I see purple leafs I'm looking for what the girl is complain'n about. My mpl girls all have green leafs and the only thing purple is the bud itself. 4 does have purple lines in the stalks but thats it.

Lord this turned into a crazy purple thread and some shots of diffrent pruple strains that I've never found in one thread. Way cool. Ya want to see purple girls ? well then check out this thread hahhahahah.

Sorry for the hijack..

Ok this thread is worse then ever now. I am freaking drooling now. Thanks for that Brains. Wasnt as if Krusty teased, but you just flat out treated me like a cheap date.

Im literally loving that plant. All kinds of nasty thoughts just ran thru my mind looking at that.

Everyone here with these purples, I know what I search now.

Real noob question, I seen a plant that from seedling on grew deep purple leaves. Ufortuantely i lost the bookmark on it. It grew naturally no forcing anything. Since then have googled the heck out of lappy, android and desktop, seems I cant find it now.

Anyways any of you guys ever see it before, or know its name? Its driving me insane now.

giggle...:thumbsu:

glad i could be of assistance getting those salivary glands flowing...

giggle.....:D

i have to agree with kruz on this one.... i know of no leaves that turn without some kinda environmental factor.. not to say they don't exist of course...just to say i have not seen or heard of them....:P

i am very pleased with this last plant that i harvested, however production was 35-50% less than i expected...she smells great, is covered in trychomes, and looks as impressive as ever....but she produced lightly this last time...:(

:rolleyes:

purple pot mainly came from one area in mendocino and that's spy-rock..I spent the last 12yrs in Mendocino and can tell you definitively that all the purple came from up on spy-rock......it has an elevation of 4000ft and the first strains were called "mendo-purps"...I tried to hunt down the genetics and found that most of it came from a local strain that a lot of the old timers used to grow called "black-cherry"...near as I can tell it was an indigenous strain grown up there for years so that kind of makes it a "land-race" strain...and yes they have been growing up there for so long that there are indeed land race strains indigenous to the area ...grown xclusivly in nor-cal....the best purple I have seen come frome up there is not mendo purps but another strain called "purple dragon" that is one of the biggest yielders and smells the most like grape..purple..lavender.....very easy to grow and full of vigor and vitality...great for indoor beginners and was given to me on my first try at indoor.....I think I had beginners luck tho and yielded almost 3.5lbs on 4 lites...I later found the dragon always produces heavy...definitely the gnarliest purple I had seen in my 12yrs of workin out there...good luck tho tryin to find that one around here cuz it's only available up on spy-rock and it truly is available only as cuttings....mendo purps seeds are available at most of the clubs in and around sf...and you have to be careful as there are many variations...defiantly some better than others...but the purps are not just a clone plant....the dragon is...and defiantly the real OG kush is a clone only strain....I just wish people here would tighten up on their genetics and try and keep it real as far as representing a strain that they really don't know the background on....I see a lot of crappy ..mediocre genetics here in Michigan and some of the yout are already bleaching the strains out and representing false genetics....all I can say is take a trip out ton or-cal and see the real genetics for yourself....a good place to start would be to go to the emerald triangle cannabis cup held in northern Mendocino at area 101..it happens every year in nov-dec...chi out their web.....mendocino farmers collective....there are over 100 entries every year of the best herb in the triangle....peas--

Mendonesian,

So your telling me that the pink and purple afghan plant I grew back in 88' came from Cali ?

Kinda hard to believe as the seeds were brought back from there ( afghani ).

Not saying that there isn't purple dragon, just that there are other sources of color in bud.

Any pictures of said " purple dragon " ?

what I was trying to convey is most of the "purple" hybrids that you see now...granddaddy purple..purple kush..purple whatever hybrids had their origins in nor-cal...purple haze has been around for a long time but it came from land race strains and was crossed to generate purple..the guy that created that and won the cannabis cup in Amsterdam in the 70's...was from eaton rapids and sadly he passed away some time back.......growing seeds that are/were from overseas seed banks that have purple properties is always a pleasure when you find certain phenos that generate purple qualities...but what I am talking about is that most of the hybrid purples out there can be traced back to nor-cal cause the growers there took purple to a new level...that's where most of these hybrids your seeing now come from....and I would truly appreciate people being aware of strains that are hybrids of hybrids.....that's how the strains get "bleached" out ...which is what happened in BC.....the average novice grower doesn't have the experience to breed up...and a lot of the crappy genetics in Michigan are people creating hybrids of hybrids and breeding down just cause they got cross pollination or a couple seeds were spit out off a hermie....if you got a plant that started from a land race strain.....and afghani is ...then you could have isolated that phenotype and created your own strain of purple if you new what you were doing....I hope I'm not sounding condescending and I just want to share some knowledge...there is a lot of misrepresentation on genetics here in Michigan and it will take time for the cream to really rise...good luck and I hope you made seeds or saved that strain for further development...I look forward to burning some...will you keep us posted if you create a Michigan purple?? and FYI.....purple dragon is one of the legends in the emerald triangle......clones only......purple voodoo...purple romulan....mendo purps(one of the first truly purples breed and grown for purpleness)....all hybrids xcept the purps....when you create a new strain you need stable isolated genetics and that's what came off spy-rock...years of isolating stabilizing the purpleness and traces back to black cherry which from my understanding from the ole guys there was an afghani possibly Pakistani cross....does that help??

and in fact now that I think about it ...all or most of the purples have afghani...Pakistani in them....indica...very few sativa dominant strains that are purple......I worked for some super breeders out there by accident and started collecting and hunting strains there for the last 6-7yrs out there ...I now live in Ann arbor and am caretaking both my dying parents...