I Am In Need Of A High Cbd Plant

Ezrah

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for posting this. I've been doing a bit of research on this and I think this would really help with MS and diabetes. I can't get high enough without passing out to ease the symptoms. What I have read leads me to believe the higher CBD counts is what I need. The fan leaves excites me because I toss those. I read too that the topical is much better for getting all the cannabinoid instead of select few and that is why it can be so effective for skin disorders, nerve problems, and the like. No more tossing those CBD rich leaves!

for anyone interested in high cbd strains I would direct them to dr. William Courtney of mendocino..dr. Courtney is one of the leading research drs in the united states on cannabanoid research

he has a cannabanoid lecture presentation that is fascinating!..might b on u tube?

..google his name and canabanoid research

he is also fom Ann arbor....if you look at dr Courtney's research he has done focus studies and isolated every cannabinoid in the marijuana plant...he is at the cutting edge of cannabinoid research and one of the first to introduce it...to the mmj community

I would add that a lot of old timers were pulling out 'old' seed strains of just non descript strains and finding that a lot of the older strains of just: good pot ok pot we're found to be very high in cbd...

remember there was a time when most of the herb around was just considered good or better...it wasnt until breeders started to breed up in their genetics tree in the seventies that the level of thc increased..

most of the early breeders were trying to develop high thc.consequently putting cbd rich strains to bed

so don't throw those old seeds out you may have the next high cbd plant

again most of the strains I saw were old and people had saved the seeds as they liked the herb but when they reintroduced them they found some very rich in cbd count...I have seen cannatonic tested at 13% cbd!

another thing that came out from old timers was the fact that a lot of the solar /sucker leaves we're rich in cbd...meaning fan leaves were higher in cbd than some of the flowers

if you are really really into CBD's as medicine you can start by using testing your fan leaves as that can be where some plants have a higher cbd value

I've also heard it said that if you harvest your plants earlier this can result in a higher cbd content..meaning that you can grow any plant to have a higher CBD count based on when you harvest it

this takes time and a lot of patience to find and develop those CBS rich strins

also focusing on mature fan/sucker leaves can have the same results

there is also a cannabis cup in the triangle in nor-cal where each yeargrowers compete to see who has the highest cbd strains

sometimes looking at old emerald cupmcannabis cup posts will tell about some of these mythical strains..google them..emerald cup cannabis cup

and check out emerald triangle news to connect you with growers comments posts and info in and around the emerald triangle

peace and unity thru the plant...the more we burn the herb the more Babylon fall...bob marley

I know the cost seems high for a simple clone, but these CBD rich strains are very rare, and these growers have spent hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in testing fees, seeds, growing supplies and equipment, time, etc. to get these strains.

There's nothing stopping a few folks from chipping in on a clone and re-couping their investment by making a few dozen more clones available for re-sale. Talk to folks at your local compassion club to see if they're interested in pooling some money together.

Once that's done and you've made your investment back, you're certainly free to distribute them for free if you wish. Heck, even attach a 'string' to the strain like we've done with 1.3G - if it is given to you, you have to give it to someone else. Kinda like a chain letter.

We need these strains to be widely available throughout the state by any means necessary.

It has been tested! Dont know the proper name of the lab, i think it is in Gaylord area not sure. I will find out the proper name of said lab mrd and I will post it for you. The man who runs it is Dan. He does testing for my family up north as my granddaughter has brain cancer and is on RSO. The lab tests oil and plant material to ensure my granddaughter is ingesting quality meds. This is a great service that Dan is providing for the sick. Thank you to Dan for looking out for my family! Again mrd the lab results in the pic I attached was from PB's Blue Cough oil extraction prior to the seed being found. The numbers I typed are the numbers given over the phone to my daughter from the lab after testing the oil from the seed that PB found. I can only do with what I have. Sorry if this cut does not meet your expectations. Oh by the way the plant from the single bean that PB found is female and did not herm through the whole cycle and finished good but they harvested too early. That was the mistake. I feel in the right hands she will do good for a patients needs. This strain shows enough CBD and THC to be a viable cancer killer.

You're welcome roof! So far so good, right!?

I wish you and your family well!

My husband has MS. He used a few sprays of a high-CBD spray at the market and it took his pain away for hours. He was amazed - he hasn't been pain-free in over 10 years. We really want to buy some of that spray, but unfortunately it hasn't been available.

I asked him if we should try to get a plant, but he didn't think smoking or butter or whatever would have the same effect as the spray.

Reading this thread, it sounds like the other methods of ingestion are pretty effective though.

My husband has MS. He used a few sprays of a high-CBD spray at the market and it took his pain away for hours. He was amazed - he hasn't been pain-free in over 10 years. We really want to buy some of that spray, but unfortunately it hasn't been available.

I asked him if we should try to get a plant, but he didn't think smoking or butter or whatever would have the same effect as the spray.

Reading this thread, it sounds like the other methods of ingestion are pretty effective though.

Has he tried tincture? It's easy to make and can be administered with a spray bottle or eye dropper.

not really, I mean we've had tincture but it didn't help him; I don't think it was high CBD kind though.

Hi SparklyBuds, just read that the best way to use the tincture is under the tongue. I am glad to hear your husband found something to provide relief from his MS! That is wonderful because it is so hard to treat this pain.

make oil from the stalks they have high cbd

Sorry .. an error.

If a plant has a CBD content it will exist in the same locations that THC does.

I would not attempt to extract THC from stalk material. The amount would be far to small to extract. If I wanted THC I would look in the flower instead of the stalk.

That is the same location that CBD exists. In the flower. Just like THC.

Has he tried tincture? It's easy to make and can be administered with a spray bottle or eye dropper.

The tincture made with the same starting materials as that spray would work.

Here is what this company says about using both THC and CBD for MS:

http://www.gwpharm.co.uk/mechanism-action.aspx

The THC part is easy to find. The CBD part needs a testing lab to find.

Those folks spent a lot of time trying to figure out which ratios to use for MS patients.

So .. if you can identify a strain that hits close to that 50/50 mix, you got what they figure a MS patient needs.

Meanwhile .. that CBD spray would be great for the MS patient. As I said, the THC part is easy to find.

Sorry .. an error.

I would not attempt to extract THC from stalk material. The amount would be far to small to extract. If I wanted THC I would look in the flower instead of the stalk.

Hi, how can you get a high enough strength of CBD without getting too much THC? I want pain relief without so much high that it wipes me out and I can not stay awake. Do you know of how to do that? TIA

Hi, how can you get a high enough strength of CBD without getting too much THC? I want pain relief without so much high that it wipes me out and I can not stay awake. Do you know of how to do that? TIA

You simply find a plant that produces the ratio you are looking for.

There are a lot of CBD rich strains, some are 1:1 some are 4:1 and so on. Find the right strain and the meds will work the way you want them to.

Many high CBD plants are naturaly low THC

Edited by mike44

There are a lot of CBD rich strains, some are 1:1 some are 4:1 and so on. Find the right strain and the meds will work the way you want them to.

Right, if you have a caregiver see if they can acquire one of the high-CBD clones now becoming available like roofratMi's Blue Cough mentioned in this thread.

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

Thanks Mike, I can't find it but I know there was a link here for a site that has a list of plants with the ratios. My sister does not like the high at all, I like it not just blow me away type, and is need of a high CBD too. Would be great to find one so I can make some oil or salve for both of us.

Right, if you have a caregiver see if they can acquire one of the high-CBD clones now becoming available like roofratMi's Blue Cough mentioned in this thread.

HI Mezz that would be great to be able to get one from someone I can trust. I grow my own, not a newbie but only growing for a few years, and a caregiver.

I have a question for you, not sure if you know but gonna ask anyway :) do you think Strawberry cough might have a high CBD count too or is it not from the same type strain.

I have a question for any of you who might know. THC has a "burn out" temp, does CBD? If so is it possible to set a vaporizer to burn off THC but not CBD?

THC has a slightly lower boiling point than CBD, so the answer is no, not really.

http://forum.grasscity.com/recreational-marijuana-use/221715-phytocannabinoids-their-boiling-points-properties.html

Phytocannabinoids, their boiling points, and properties

?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)

Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)

Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)

Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)

Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

cannabigerol (CBG)

Boiling point: MP52

Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

?-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (?-8-THC)

Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: Resembles ?-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)

Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties

ß-myrcene

Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

ß-caryophyllene

Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial

d-limonene

Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

linalool

Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

pulegone

Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)

Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive

a-pinene

Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor

a-terpineol

Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial

terpineol-4-ol

Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic

p-cymene

Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor

Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties

apigenin

Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic

quercetin

Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic

cannflavin A

Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor

ß-sitosterol

Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit

Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-a-reductase, inhibitor

Sorry .. an error.

ask northern lab about the test results of my stalks, you would be surprised

Tissue, chaff, stalk and seed were tested for four hemp varieties: Fedora 19, Zola 11, Felina 34, and Zola 13. Results indicate that all samples contained both CBD and CBN, with CBD at levels considerably higher relative to the permitted levels of D9-THC (0.3%) and CBN at levels lower (but still quantifiable) relative to the permitted levels of D9-THC.