I Am In Need Of A High Cbd Plant

Ezrah

Tissue, chaff, stalk and seed were tested for four hemp varieties: Fedora 19, Zola 11, Felina 34, and Zola 13. Results indicate that all samples contained both CBD and CBN, with CBD at levels considerably higher relative to the permitted levels of D9-THC (0.3%) and CBN at levels lower (but still quantifiable) relative to the permitted levels of D9-THC.

Those are strains of industrial hemp. Are those tests that you conducted for someone else?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just going by the test results, the stalk tested higher in CBD than the same buds and trim tested. I do not know the reason yet for sure but somewhere i read the stalk does contain a higher ratio of cbd , not a fact just what i read, and the test results seem to back it up, i got about 4 grams of oil from a grocery paper bag of stalk, talk to Norther lab about my results, the patients really like the stuff

I am just going by the test results, the stalk tested higher in CBD than the same buds and trim tested. I do not know the reason yet for sure but somewhere i read the stalk does contain a higher ratio of cbd , not a fact just what i read, and the test results seem to back it up, i got about 4 grams of oil from a grocery paper bag of stalk, talk to Norther lab about my results, the patients really like the stuff

Even if the stem contains a higher ratio of CBD, let's say 2:1 CBD:THC, if the flowers are much more potent but only have a 1:1 CBD:THC, there's still much more CBD in the flowers than in the stem. Stems are not the primary site of cannabinoid synthesis, trichomes are--which are located primarily on the flowers.

I have a question for you, not sure if you know but gonna ask anyway :) do you think Strawberry cough might have a high CBD count too or is it not from the same type strain.

If you got some seed packs it might be possible you could find a high-CBD plant. I don't think the original clone expresses the trait, but it could be recessive.

Even if the stem contains a higher ratio of CBD, let's say 2:1 CBD:THC, if the flowers are much more potent but only have a 1:1 CBD:THC, there's still much more CBD in the flowers than in the stem. Stems are not the primary site of cannabinoid synthesis, trichomes are--which are located primarily on the flowers.

cristinew uses a really sweet soxhlet extractor (ISO4) and is able to make extractions from all parts of the plant pretty efficiently.

Made some tincture and used some yesterday. I didn't have much to spare so used 2 grams per ounce of glycerin. 320 oven for 5 minutes, used grinder on it then added to the glycerin. I had it in a water bath in a crock pot for 24 hours. The temp of it stayed a pretty consistent 170 and I stirred it most of that time every hour. I used trainwreck that isn't as potent as usual because it had to be harvested early but it still gives a really nice buzz. Let it cool and put it in a dropper bottle.

Alright long one there but I have a question about this. This is suppose to retain the cannabinoids and you get the benefits of those much better then compared to vaping or smoking right? I got a very light buzz, took 2 droppers so I could sleep, but did not get super stoned or an extreme knock out from it like I've read about. Helped a lot but I don't feel like it was better then when I vap it almost less so. Do I do something wrong when I made this?

Edit I do think it helped with my restless legs by using it this way though. I don't feel the same type of buzz I do when I vap it. Just took some about half hour ago and don't feel high as much as I do sleepy and my head feels a bit like it is buzzing like bees. The neuropathy pain is lessened but only slightly.

Edited by restlesslegs

Made some tincture and used some yesterday. I didn't have much to spare so used 2 grams per ounce of glycerin. 320 oven for 5 minutes, used grinder on it then added to the glycerin. I had it in a water bath in a crock pot for 24 hours. The temp of it stayed a pretty consistent 170 and I stirred it most of that time every hour. I used trainwreck that isn't as potent as usual because it had to be harvested early but it still gives a really nice buzz. Let it cool and put it in a dropper bottle.

Alright long one there but I have a question about this. This is suppose to retain the cannabinoids and you get the benefits of those much better then compared to vaping or smoking right? I got a very light buzz, took 2 droppers so I could sleep, but did not get super stoned or an extreme knock out from it like I've read about. Helped a lot but I don't feel like it was better then when I vap it almost less so. Do I do something wrong when I made this?

It sounds like you've done it pretty much right. The only thing I might change is toasting the raw material in the oven for 15 minutes at 300 degrees. Make sure your oven temp is true to what the settings are on the oven. You can check this with a simple oven thermometer from the grocery store.

Are you swallowing the tincture or allowing it to sit in your mouth for a while until it's absorbed?

It sounds like you've done it pretty much right. The only thing I might change is toasting the raw material in the oven for 15 minutes at 300 degrees. Make sure your oven temp is true to what the settings are on the oven. You can check this with a simple oven thermometer from the grocery store.

Are you swallowing the tincture or allowing it to sit in your mouth for a while until it's absorbed?

Yes I added a bit of lemon to it and it taste pretty darn good so swished it around and held it under my tongue and front of my mouth as long as I could. It made my mouth water so much I had to swallow it. :)

OK next batch I'll try 15 minutes at 300. My oven is really accurate so no problem there. I am wondering if maybe I didn't get it ground enough? Does it need to be powder consistancy? I've read so many ways to do this and there are so many different ways people have done this so it's hard to determine which is the best way.

Yes I added a bit of lemon to it and it taste pretty darn good so swished it around and held it under my tongue and front of my mouth as long as I could. It made my mouth water so much I had to swallow it. :)

OK next batch I'll try 15 minutes at 300. My oven is really accurate so no problem there. I am wondering if maybe I didn't get it ground enough? Does it need to be powder consistancy? I've read so many ways to do this and there are so many different ways people have done this so it's hard to determine which is the best way.

It's really not necessary to grind it unless it's super dense bud material. the vast majority of cannabinoids are on the outside of the plant, in the trichomes, so it's quite easy for your glycerine to make contact with every trichome.

Agitation while in solution would help the glycerin penetrate the trichome and dissolve the oils out of it.

I use an ultrasonic bath to do this in the lab in a few minutes, perhaps simple aggressive stirring with a drill and paint stirrer would give you a better extraction.

Adding lemon juice back in is a great idea. You're essentially adding terpenes back to it.

It's really not necessary to grind it unless it's super dense bud material. the vast majority of cannabinoids are on the outside of the plant, in the trichomes, so it's quite easy for your glycerine to make contact with every trichome.

Agitation while in solution would help the glycerin penetrate the trichome and dissolve the oils out of it.

I use an ultrasonic bath to do this in the lab in a few minutes, perhaps simple aggressive stirring with a drill and paint stirrer would give you a better extraction.

Adding lemon juice back in is a great idea. You're essentially adding terpenes back to it.

OK good thank you! I have an ultrasonic cleaner for jewelry, taking this should be done after it is cooked? I"ll do that right now. I really appreciate your help.

Yes, post toast! Lol.

You're welcome! :)

I used the ultra sound and it stepped it up a notch and I could tell almost immediately. I used 2 droppers full again but I also vaped some. The combination was perfect and I actually slept a full, restful, peaceful, dreamed filled 6 hours! Wow I haven't done that in a long time. I woke up with a lot less pain.

There are only a handful of people in the state that have taken the time to screen through the appropriate number of seeds and invest the money to have the plant material produced by each seed tested. Please don't shoot the messenger. From the responses we've received so far, it makes us not want to be involved with this process. If people don't like the suggested donation, they will have to phenotype their own CBD-rich strain from seeds (more costly & time consuming than the donation) or go without CBD-rich medicine until someone does decide to make them available for less. Our intentions in the process were simply to help get these out to people that didn't have the time, desire, or expertise to phenotype their own CBD-rich plants. We've tried obtaining these genetics before and we've offered more than the current suggested donation and been denied. So when the choice is between something not being available at all or something being available at a higher donation than some would prefer, the better option seems pretty clear. Without a doubt, these strains will trickle their way across the state and be available for less compensation in the future.