Prosecutor Will Not Talk To Me

I called my local county prosecutor this afternoon requesting an appointment to discuss the MMA, specifically, farmers markets. They will not talk to me about it at all, they said that they are prosecutors. No kidding, so I would have assumed (and I do know about assumed) that he would have been able to tell me his rendition of 4e, would we be safe from arrest and prosecution if we followed in the foot steps of the Jackson Farmers Markets? I must get a lawyer of my own they tell me. I have no money to pay a lawyer with, why can't the prosecutor tell me if we are acting within the law, he knows who he would charge? This is no cat and mouse game, it is my freedom and the freedom of others we are talking about.

Major waste of my time! All I know is that patients who do not or can not grow their own medicine need to have safe access. With the dispensaries being closed down they have no other means of obtaining it other than the black market.

I believe that I have read all the Farmers Market threads on here and I can't quite feel secure that we are safe. If one of you lawyers on here want to chime in pro-bono, please feel free! I want to be able to help people not only obtain their meds, but also want to help the caretakers out there survive the high cost of indoor grows.

This is off topic, but, does anyone know of a pool I can buy into for a lawyer if I need one?

find out whos running in opposition to the PA (if its an elected position, which i thought it was), and ask them their view on it, as a running candidate, they will likely be willing to present a position. If its Pro MMM Act, support that candidate.

But you would likely need a Lawyer to present the option to the PA to get anywhere with it. They want to know someones palm is being greased over it.

I understand your frustration . The law is being used as a tool to arrest more patients not phase in tolerance with protections and understanding . It is often used subjectively against perceived enemies of local law enforcement views putting patients in fear of approaching them . It isn't' healing wounds as intended and bringing people together . The same is happening in Government housing associations and more upsetting in State Hospitals who deny care for transplants or other normal pain control routines and it carries over to education and job retraining . Legal medical patients on medications have always been allowed to self evaluate and drive unless they have had a seizure in the last 6 months but people are trying to change that precedent . Over 25% of Americans over 50 take three or more medications . They could soon find their lives severely restricted as well as others younger . I would of assumed they would direct you to talk to your local planning and zoning commission . You can get old textbooks for next to nothing on how to start a business and management . They probably have them at your local library . You have to have a lawyer and set up a cooperation to limit liability and set up a corporate veil . You need more education and practical experience . If you feel the risk is acceptable be a caregiver who supports other markets and try to find a mentor from one plus read all you can on business . You will need to earn money and right now your banned from working for cooperations as a medical cannabis user except in very rare instances . I am glad you have found a interest based on program participation that may help you adapt to your injury , disease and or disabillity . Good luck .

come to lansing thursday and rat him out to the legislators! they need to hear that this is what we have to put up with.

Yes, that is exactly what we must do. Start reminding our lawmakers, judges, prosecutors etc. that they work for us (the public). We voted this law in, and they are wasting our tax dollars trying to decimate it. The will of the people is clear, their job is to implement it! Rock the vote!

I called my local county prosecutor this afternoon requesting an appointment to discuss the MMA, specifically, farmers markets. They will not talk to me about it at all, they said that they are prosecutors. No kidding, so I would have assumed (and I do know about assumed) that he would have been able to tell me his rendition of 4e, would we be safe from arrest and prosecution if we followed in the foot steps of the Jackson Farmers Markets? I must get a lawyer of my own they tell me. I have no money to pay a lawyer with, why can't the prosecutor tell me if we are acting within the law, he knows who he would charge? This is no cat and mouse game, it is my freedom and the freedom of others we are talking about.

Major waste of my time! All I know is that patients who do not or can not grow their own medicine need to have safe access. With the dispensaries being closed down they have no other means of obtaining it other than the black market.

I believe that I have read all the Farmers Market threads on here and I can't quite feel secure that we are safe. If one of you lawyers on here want to chime in pro-bono, please feel free! I want to be able to help people not only obtain their meds, but also want to help the caretakers out there survive the high cost of indoor grows.

This is off topic, but, does anyone know of a pool I can buy into for a lawyer if I need one?

for patients that do not grow their own or cannot grow their own and dispensaries are closed, there are CAREGIVERS! they can get a caregiver legally assigned to them).

If the dispensaries in your area were able supply product in your area, then there are caregivers around your area.

Dispensary costs are prohibitive for many patients, and without caregivers a farmers market would not exist. patients should NEVER be under the impression that if a dispensary is not in their area then there are no meds? Great Caregivers are out there!

I'd love to come to Lansing, however, I have 2 doctors and 1 veterinary appointment that day making it impossible, I have been waiting for 6 months for one of these appointments. Besides that, I'm really not one to be in a place like that, I'm an old soldier and a logger and the woods is where I truly belong.

I would consider sending the reps an email describing what happened this afternoon if I thought that it would do any good. The prosecutor just doesn't want to be backed into a corner is my opinion as to how the matter was handled.

I should also note that I actually talked to one of his assistants, sorry if I misled.

I really feel for all of the people caught in similar situations. Last night I emailed a marijuana defense lawyer.

Here is the information I requested:

I live in Lincoln Park, and I need some information on the cities views of medical marijuana. I an a active card holder. And I need to know what is acceptable for an outside grow. I am aware of the states views and the current legal rulings.I fear approaching the city with questions due to feeling it will make me a target for law enforcement.

Here is the reply:

OK. Outdoor gardens are under attack, especially since the Larry King Court of Appeals case, which Supreme Court ruling is due any week now. However, as long as it is surely an "enclosed locked facility" an outdoor garden should fit the definition, for example, locked high fence, barbed wire, opaque visqueen blocking view on a 360 degree basis to avoid probable cause for search warrants, which evidence of being patients shall not serve as probable cause for a search. King's dog kennels could be lifted up and crawled under supposedly, as it was not anchored to the ground, and the tarp was opened. I'd need to research and read the Lincoln Park ordiance if there is one, for which we would need you to attend an in person one-hour consultation for $300 or a half-hour for $150.

Barbed Wire? Wouldn't that attract more attention then I want? I can find a way to anchor my fence so it can not be lifted ( rofl took 2 people to put the panels into place )

$300 bucks for the 1st hr to review city ordinances or $150.00 for a half hour.

I understand that this lawyer wants to make money. Heck I like to make a buck now an then. But 300.00 bucks an hr??? Wow

So with that in mind I decided to look up the city ordnance's myself. Five minutes later I find some information, to my amusement the city has a license fee.

Someone please pass me some joy jelly cause no matter which way I turn I am going to get shafted.

Tomorrow I will find out what the license fee is, hopefully it is not to painful. I have been looking at a gardening shed but for the one I would like to have will cost me 4k and I have to assembly it. ewwww. City ordnance:

http://amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Michigan/lincolnpark/codifiedordinancesoflincolnparkmichigan?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:lincolnpark_mi

My next net search will be for shed plans with costs etc. I can manage getting it assembled by tossing a keg party :) All in all I did get some direction to move toward and some information to watch for. i.e the up coming court case.

So hang in there all is not lost just need to find the detour signs and follow the path.

I'd love to come to Lansing, however, I have 2 doctors and 1 veterinary appointment that day making it impossible, I have been waiting for 6 months for one of these appointments. Besides that, I'm really not one to be in a place like that, I'm an old soldier and a logger and the woods is where I truly belong.

I would consider sending the reps an email describing what happened this afternoon if I thought that it would do any good. The prosecutor just doesn't want to be backed into a corner is my opinion as to how the matter was handled.

I should also note that I actually talked to one of his assistants, sorry if I misled.

call and see if they have scheduled additional meetings? Last I knew, the amount of personal speakers was going to be quite large, possibly adding additional hearings to be scheduled to allow all that want it, a chance to speak to Legislation. I say call and let then know you want to speak, and see if they have added another date yet, or think they will be as March 8th is not workable for you.

for patients that do not grow their own or cannot grow their own and dispensaries are closed, there are CAREGIVERS! they can get a caregiver legally assigned to them).

If the dispensaries in your area were able supply product in your area, then there are caregivers around your area.

Dispensary costs are prohibitive for many patients, and without caregivers a farmers market would not exist. patients should NEVER be under the impression that if a dispensary is not in their area then there are no meds? Great Caregivers are out there!

The caregiver system simply cannot meet all patient needs without the addition of the Farmers Markets . For many medical marihuana use is not optional it is mandatory to tolerate FDA meds like chemo , pain control or deal with a myriad of health issues . No other medication is derived from a single supplier ever it simply is not a safe way to access a necessary resource and requirement for patients care . The Law does not in any way say they are illegal or deny their formation and there is room in the loose language for implementation of their existance based on the intent of the voters to allow for medical use and protect patients from arrest as well as enable legal avenues for medical use . I do not understand why any patient or caregiver would not accept nor want their formation and existance .

Dispensaries are not closed everywhere . In atleast 4 cities in Michigan laws were on the books that decriminalized the transfer of medical cannabis before 2008 and they require recommendations by a Doctor only . People use these laws everyday and yes many do not registrar for the program choosing to take their chances I find that sad and a reflection of how poorly implemented the State program is .

There are people whom want to ignore local medical use laws the same as the proper implementation of the State Act that covers everyones needs but it helps nobody especially caregivers who loose a cash market for their perishable crop which in effect destroys all hope of developing a finnancially sound base for their operations . There are a huge amount of patients that will need less then a half oz a month how many caregivers want to fill up their slots like that ? The demographics simply show few patients exist to purchase cannabis . 25% of the State residents are on medicaid with over 40% on the program earning less then 150% of poverty . The farmers market serves these patients as well as those that can grow some to most of their own benefiting from the activity . Lets stop fighting a good thing and figure out how to make the Act work in real world terms with all activity legal . . What could one possibley have against it . Every caregiver is illegal according to our AG and medical cannabis is a joke that isn't real . They put up these new bills and anyone with skin in the game can see danger and how they could be used to further restrict and make the program innoperable . Every bill now proposed would hurt patients and caregivers who have nothing to gain and allot to loose from their passing . I care about others and hope we all find wisdom and forgiveness in our hearts Thursday . The real prize is access that everyone needs becoming reality where nobody has to live in fear or feel subject to abuse and restricted access anywhere in the State .

I really feel for all of the people caught in similar situations. Last night I emailed a marijuana defense lawyer.

I live in Lincoln Park, and I need some information on the cities views of medical marijuana. I an a active card holder. And I need to know what is acceptable for an outside grow. I am aware of the states views and the current legal rulings.I fear approaching the city with questions due to feeling it will make me a target for law enforcement.

Here is the reply:

OK. Outdoor gardens are under attack, especially since the Larry King Court of Appeals case, which Supreme Court ruling is due any week now. However, as long as it is surely an "enclosed locked facility" an outdoor garden should fit the definition, for example, locked high fence, barbed wire, opaque visqueen blocking view on a 360 degree basis to avoid probable cause for search warrants, which evidence of being patients shall not serve as probable cause for a search. King's dog kennels could be lifted up and crawled under supposedly, as it was not anchored to the ground, and the tarp was opened. I'd need to research and read the Lincoln Park ordiance if there is one, for which we would need you to attend an in person one-hour consultation for $300 or a half-hour for $150.

Barbed Wire? Wouldn't that attract more attention then I want? I can find a way to anchor my fence so it can not be lifted ( rofl took 2 people to put the panels into place )

I understand that this lawyer wants to make money. Heck I like to make a buck now an then. But 300.00 bucks an hr??? Wow

So with that in mind I decided to look up the city ordnance's myself. Five minutes later I find some information, to my amusement the city has a license fee.

Someone please pass me some joy jelly cause no matter which way I turn I am going to get shafted.

Tomorrow I will find out what the license fee is, hopefully it is not to painful. I have been looking at a gardening shed but for the one I would like to have will cost me 4k and I have to assembly it. ewwww. City ordnance:

http://amlegal.com/n...:lincolnpark_mi

My next net search will be for shed plans with costs etc. I can manage getting it assembled by tossing a keg party :) All in all I did get some direction to move toward and some information to watch for. i.e the up coming court case.

So hang in there all is not lost just need to find the detour signs and follow the path.

Outdoor grows under the act as it stands now are problemic due to storage weight limits of only having 2.5 ozs at one time of dried cured material . Patients have tried freezing in water to save more for expected deterioration and non interputed supply but have been arrested and convicted of being over the useable weight limits . What do you do ? Regardless you still need to grow indoors the other half a year . Over 63% of Law Enforcement Contact at grow sites results in the arrest of a regisrared patient something is wrong somewhere . 4k would buy allot of electricity .

The caregiver system simply cannot meet all patient needs without the addition of the Farmers Markets . For many medical marihuana use is not optional it is mandatory to tolerate FDA meds like chemo , pain control or deal with a myriad of health issues . No other medication is derived from a single supplier ever it simply is not a safe way to access a necessary resource and requirement for patients care . The Law does not in any way say they are illegal or deny their formation and there is room in the loose language for implementation of their existance based on the intent of the voters to allow for medical use and protect patients from arrest as well as enable legal avenues for medical use . I do not understand why any patient or caregiver would not accept nor want their formation and existance .

Dispensaries are not closed everywhere . In atleast 4 cities in Michigan laws were on the books that decriminalized the transfer of medical cannabis before 2008 and they require recommendations by a Doctor only . People use these laws everyday and yes many do not registrar for the program choosing to take their chances I find that sad and a reflection of how poorly implemented the State program is .

There are people whom want to ignore local medical use laws the same as the proper implementation of the State Act that covers everyones needs but it helps nobody especially caregivers who loose a cash market for their perishable crop which in effect destroys all hope of developing a finnancially sound base for their operations . There are a huge amount of patients that will need less then a half oz a month how many caregivers want to fill up their slots like that ? The demographics simply show few patients exist to purchase cannabis . 25% of the State residents are on medicaid with over 40% on the program earning less then 150% of poverty . The farmers market serves these patients as well as those that can grow some to most of their own benefiting from the activity . Lets stop fighting a good thing and figure out how to make the Act work in real world terms with all activity legal . . What could one possibley have against it . Every caregiver is illegal according to our AG and medical cannabis is a joke that isn't real . They put up these new bills and anyone with skin in the game can see danger and how they could be used to further restrict and make the program innoperable . Every bill now proposed would hurt patients and caregivers who have nothing to gain and allot to loose from their passing . I care about others and hope we all find wisdom and forgiveness in our hearts Thursday . The real prize is access that everyone needs becoming reality where nobody has to live in fear or feel subject to abuse and restricted access anywhere in the State .

I applaud you crop, this is so well written, I wish I could organize my thoughts as well as you do. How much more I could do for the cause! I'm in awe of you. I hope you have a really good night and thank you for being on our side.

Outdoor grows under the act as it stands now are problemic due to storage weight limits of only having 2.5 ozs at one time of dried cured material .

Got me pondering... 12 outdoor plants hanging, with some roots still attached, curing in large garbage bags or a tent. With the root still attached, wouldn't it still be considered a plant and not weight?

Croppled1: Outdoor grows under the act as it stands now are problematic due to storage weight limits of only having 2.5 ozs at one time of dried cured material . Patients have tried freezing in water to save more for expected deterioration and non interputed supply but have been arrested and convicted of being over the useable weight limits . What do you do ? Regardless you still need to grow indoors the other half a year . Over 63% of Law Enforcement Contact at grow sites results in the arrest of a registered patient something is wrong somewhere . 4k would buy allot of electricity .

I have developed a mental plan to cycle 1 to 3 plants through a partitioned shed. Now I may have overages, that is yet to be seen.

I will reduce or increase the amount of plants in the cycle as needed.

But until I have a clear direction from the powers that be I am forced to depend on my friends in farmers markets that are aware of my situation, which is complected at the moment.

My deepest gratitude go to all that have the compassion to provide a gram here an there for free. Living on fixed income sux.

Here is the reply:

http://amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Michigan/lincolnpark/codifiedordinancesoflincolnparkmichigan?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:lincolnpark_mi

Could you bury sonotubes with rebar bend the rebar over the tube or if a panel use a expansion anchor through panel or use bar with hole

to lock down fill with concrete under $50. Zoning dept has shed rules prob online.

Local PA's are contracted through your city counsels or township boards. County PA's are elected, who did you contact local or county? You can usually get a copy of your local zoning ordinances on line which might save you some $$$ and read through them to find out about farmers markets. If the municipality you want to set up in has negative views on MM you can bet you will have legal issues if you set up a market. You might want to approach the city counsel or mayor, they have control over the local PA.

Herb Cannabis, you should try taking this to the media. Find the right paper and they'll eat this up. It would get a lot of attention. Think about it - someone grovels before the prosecutor, saying they'll do whatever it takes to obey the law, and the prosecutor refuses to tell them what they think the law is. That... sounds...... very bad. The PA is not supposed to be putting on his poker face like he's got a royal flush. Those cards should be flat on the table. Anything less is basically entrapment. :sword:

Local PA's are contracted through your city counsels or township boards. County PA's are elected, who did you contact local or county? You can usually get a copy of your local zoning ordinances on line which might save you some $$$ and read through them to find out about farmers markets. If the municipality you want to set up in has negative views on MM you can bet you will have legal issues if you set up a market. You might want to approach the city counsel or mayor, they have control over the local PA.

Thanks for your reply, I contacted the County Prosecutor's Office - that's the place I didn't get any help from! I like your idea about contacting the city counsel or even the mayor, however, it is the County Prosecutor who would charge the Caregiver/patient. I just know that their are a lot of people out of medicine because of the dispensaries all closing down. We must do something to fill the void, people need and have a right to this medicine.

Herb Cannabis, you should try taking this to the media. Find the right paper and they'll eat this up. It would get a lot of attention. Think about it - someone grovels before the prosecutor, saying they'll do whatever it takes to obey the law, and the prosecutor refuses to tell them what they think the law is. That... sounds...... very bad. The PA is not supposed to be putting on his poker face like he's got a royal flush. Those cards should be flat on the table. Anything less is basically entrapment. :sword:

I feel like I already have a huge target on my back now and you want me to take this to the media! No thanks, I'm not very interested in being beaten up by leo. Seriously though, I only want to make the medicine we the people said we could have available to all that need and choose it.

I have developed a mental plan to cycle 1 to 3 plants through a partitioned shed. Now I may have overages, that is yet to be seen.

I will reduce or increase the amount of plants in the cycle as needed.

But until I have a clear direction from the powers that be I am forced to depend on my friends in farmers markets that are aware of my situation, which is complected at the moment.

My deepest gratitude go to all that have the compassion to provide a gram here an there for free. Living on fixed income sux.

shipping containers are cheap. and there are lots of helpers around if you ask. if they ever ok outdoor growing, it would probably take thousands of dollars worth of high security fencing.

I feel like I already have a huge target on my back now and you want me to take this to the media! No thanks, I'm not very interested in being beaten up by leo. Seriously though, I only want to make the medicine we the people said we could have available to all that need and choose it.

criminality is counterproductive to patient welfare , interaction between involved parties and developing workable treatment programs .

Archived