Carbon Filters Will This Work?

TheBeagle

OK i have a very small room and I wana mask the smell a bit, the problem is i DO NOT have room for ducting...I have airflow (provided by fans) If i were to put a carbon filter and just out of the box and set it on a shelf or/ hang it from the ceiling will it function that way? or do i have to have all the ducting etc

OK i have a very small room and I wana mask the smell a bit, the problem is i DO NOT have room for ducting...I have airflow (provided by fans) If i were to put a carbon filter and just out of the box and set it on a shelf or/ hang it from the ceiling will it function that way? or do i have to have all the ducting etc

It won't do much that way. you can buy smaller self contained carbon filter units that require no ducting. Neg. ion generators/Ozone generators will work for a small grow too. Then you can also get the jars of gel and place those on a shelf, they work pretty well as supplemental. Depending on your strain it may or may not be bad. Some strains have very little smell and others will knock you down. I think carbon filters work the best, I have tried everything and completely sealing the room, using hepa filter intakes, two 6" carbon filters with an inline fan and blowing it out the roof was the only way I was able to keep the smell down.

i need to do something lol cuz i just have my fan exhausting room air to the attic.... its not going outside at all...i only plan maybe 2-4 plants period is the smell gonna be really that bad?

Some strains hardly smell at all. Some smell like there are nine skunks living under your house.

i need to do something lol cuz i just have my fan exhausting room air to the attic.... its not going outside at all...i only plan maybe 2-4 plants period is the smell gonna be really that bad?

Hey Beagle, Ya realy need to vent the exhaust air out side of your house your exposing your attic with hot and humid air that will start the mold to grow.

As rhinoman said.

Smell is always an issue. Even plants that do not smell have some odor. It is pretty hard to stay on the down low if you house always smells "green" or even worse, like a road kill skunk. Carbon filters are heavy, but can hang from ropes or chains that have hooks screwed into studs. With the proper fan and filter you can vent into the house and will have no odor. An inline fan is a must. Since 6 foot plants will not use your space well, you should have some head room where you can hang the filter and run the duct to the fan. The biggest issue with carbon filter is the cost, but it is still your best option. You have to control the smell, or your heart will beat through your chest every time someone knocks on your door.

My landlord told me once that he could smell what I was doing 20 feet away from the house...I promptly bought a 6" inline fan and a carbon filter. I placed the filter on top of my table with the fan on top of the flange for the filter and just recirculated the air. It worked awesome...Eventually I added ductwork and another fan and now it sucks air through the filter, through 2 lights and into my house for extra heat!

Beagle I had 3 small plants growing in my attic above my garage and you could smell it very easily I did not have carbon filter running for that grow. Luckily since I am growing in a room above garage the smell never gets into the house since the house is sealed off from the garage. My wife did complain about it several times but I kinda liked the sweet smell of a purfumed skunk lol

Ever thought about using a DIY air cleaner? You can make a very efficient unit from a 5 gallon bucket, a bit of duct material, some carbon (got mine at a pet store) and some kitty litter. Mine has been in use for dozens of grows and I haven't had to change out the carbon/kitty litter mixture once. It can be done for under $50. j.b.

Archived