2012 Detroit Tigers Official Thread

It's March 8th Tigers are tearing it up down In Florida and Know one is Talking Tigers. What's up Guys, We got the reigning MVP/CY Young Winner, We got Miggy at 3rd hitting like a man from another planet and now we have our own Prince back in the Motor City hitting them out just like he did when he came to the park with his Dad Cecil way back when. I hear that his son Jaden is next in line. Smyly seems to be pitching well so I know at least one of the young Guys will get that 5th spot. Turner better find some strike consistancy pretty soon if he wants to see the Bigs. Inge, What a Fan's delight he would run thru the wall if Jimmy Leyland asked him to. I am glad he is playing well at 2nd, now hit Big Guy and everything will take care of itself. J. P. Great year at Short last year, especially with the bat. I expect another great offensive season from him although with our New HitSquad I don't know who is going to get any Ribby's as every batter can clear the base with one swing leaving no one on base for the next Slugger.

Who is miggy ? It seemed like 3rd base was open but Inge finished the season well . The Tigers are a World Series threat every year . Those $5 seats are a long way off , and the $5 parking for many disabled requires a tiger shuttle , patience and maybe even a little bravery after dark but it really is a fun time . Nothing like filling all the kids pockets up with roasted shelled penuts and heading to the park , I think you can buy food coupons too for $5 that let a person have a coke and a hot dog a small discount but you must go to the vendors booth to redeem . They always taste better at the park .

Edited by Croppled1

Who is miggy ? It seemed like 3rd base was open but Inge finished the season well . The Tigers are a World Series threat every year . Those $5 seats are a long way off , and the $5 parking for many disabled requires a tiger shuttle , patience and maybe even a little bravery after dark but it really is a fun time . Nothing like filling all the kids pockets up with roasted shelled penuts and heading to the park , I think you can buy food coupons too for $5 that let a person have a coke and a hot dog a small discount but you must go to the vendors booth to redeem . They always taste better at the park .

Miggy is Miguel Cabrerra. :thumbsu:

Right now they are trying Prince Fielder at 1st, Inge at 2nd, Peralta at short, and Miggy at 3rd.

I'm craving cajun peanuts and cold beer now. Hurry up opening day!

Miggy is Miguel Cabrerra. :thumbsu:

Right now they are trying Prince Fielder at 1st, Inge at 2nd, Peralta at short, and Miggy at 3rd.

I'm craving cajun peanuts and cold beer now. Hurry up opening day!

My Sister and her Husband are down in Fl right now to take in some sun and Tiger Games. I think they saw the homerun barage against Atlanta. :goodjob:

They are retired and don't have any kids so they go to a lot of games. I was lucky they took me twice last year. Go Tige's

I will soon be able to get all of the games on tv or radio so that will do me fine. :thumbsu:

Looks like one of the most potent offensive lineups in MLB on paper.

Pitching will be the big question. Can Verlander have a 20+ win season? Whats up with the bullpen?

Can Migs play 3rd without pulling a hammy every game? :lol:

Mark My words Comish Selig will send his Henchmen out to investigate the MotorCity HitSquad once they start bashing that Lil Ball over that Wall.

They will be calling us the yankees and the best Team Money can Buy and all I can say is thanks Mitch Illitch!! You are the Man

As to Pitching I think the key isn't JV, but Fister and Porcello and Porcello is the one that scares me the most with his inconsistancy. I think Our Starting and Bullpen will be just fine, it is defense where we will se some highscoring games that we can win with our offense. But we will see a lot more Guys on base with the lack of range on our corner infielders. Peralta doesn't really have great range either so unless Inge wins 2nd base then we will all infielders with little or no range. Keep Your Head up JV this time you will have run support. Fister proof you are no Flash. Porcello pitch like your job is in jeopardy because if you don't become more consistant it will be in jeopardy. We have got Younger Guys coming with Foam at their Mouths just waitng for an opportunity. More on the Bullpen later, but we are just fine there as well. I don't care if Miggy moves enough to pull a hammy in the field I only care what he can do at Bat and lets hope it involves a trot instead of a sprint. :rolleyes:

You mean Cabrerra at third not Miggs

No I mean the Miggy that Hits Homerruns not the old Doubles Hitter who I also appreciated, but now the real Miggy is here Miquel Cabrera :thumbsu:

He has always has always been a Miggy as well, but maybe out of respect for Ordonez nobody used it before.

WATCH OUT Relief could end up being a strength while Valverde is scary as He!!, he didn't blow one save last season. Benoit is back and Strong as usual. We now also have Oscar Dotel to use late and in special situations. Albuqurque if healthy can be outstandiing and he seems to be healthy. One of the young Guys (Turner, Smyly, Below) that doesn't get the 5th spot will probably get long relief. I think we will realtively young with a lot of Power arms and with ability to dominate when everything is in sync.:thumbsu: Turn on the TV or Radio and Tune in the Tigers for a Ton of Fun this Summer :bong7bp:

P.S. Jimmy L bringing Tony LaRussa ( I believe he was ex-minor league Tiger at the same time Leyland was), down to Lakeland was great I only wish he could have also brought in Dave Duncan, Tony's Longtime Pitching Coach, I have watched for Years as that tandem take pitchers and improve them. They always have had pitcher friendly parks, but either way their Pitchers almost always produce better when they are around compared to other places the player had played at.:goodjob:

Edited by HE Warmke

• 2 weeks later...

Tigers are roaring thru the Grapefruit League with only 3 losses with many high scoring wins. It looks to me like Smyly will win the 5th spot in the rotation. It also looks like Turner needs some more seasoning as he is definately having a hard time finding the strike zone. Rayburn is tearing it up down in Florida and I think he will win the starting position at 2nd base. He is hitting for power and average right now. Lets hope he takes it into the season. Inge looks to be one of the utility infielders. Verlander looks as strong as he did last year. No Tigerfan Blues this season Jeff Daniels

Edited by HE Warmke

Tigers are roaring thru the Grapefruit League with only 3 losses with many high scoring wins. It looks to me like Smyly will win the 5th spot in the rotation. It also looks like Turner needs some more seasoning as he is definately having a hard time finding the strike zone. Rayburn is tearing it up down in Florida and I think he will win the starting position at 2nd base. He is hitting for power and average right now. Lets hope he takes into the season. Inge looks to be one of the utility infielders. Verlander looks as strong as he did last year. No Tiger fan Blues this season Jeff Daniels

watch.htm

I see the Tigers winning a woeful division rather easily. We'll bash the ball all over. Pitch pretty decently. My concern lies in the playoffs and defense. You cant give good teams extra outs. That could happen in the playoffs. I'm hoping Brandon Inge is RELEASED before the season begins. GO GETTEM TIGERS!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

He (Inge) had a few ruff games this last week, imo he let That 8 run inning happened against Texas when he missed those few that got by him last week(dbl header).. He had just came back up from Toledo just a short time ago..

So they released him, or just sent him back to the Farm?

He has been a great role model for the city while he played with us, to bad if they did let him go.. I would have rather seen Ramon Santiago go in his place for sure. He isn't one of my favs LOL

But we have a DEEP lineup, once Cabby and Prince get hot the rest are gonna follow, GO TIGERS!!

Trix

:bong2: