Mmma "backing" Clinics?

In reading a post made by a Michigan based certification group, they claim to be "backed by the MMMA".......

I am curious to know when the MMMA started "backing" certification groups. What does this "backing" entail?

I also wonder what process a certification group must go through to become "backed".

I would gladly post the link I read it in! However, it may "violate the posting rules" here and may be considered controversial.

It's a Youtube video of screenshots of personal messages between a clinic owner/operator and a patient/person/somebody?

It is meant to "open eyes" or "let the cat out" about "ABC Clinic" by a disgruntled patient?

In the video, the clinic owner is speaking to the maker of the video in PM's (screenshots) - She says in this published pm that she is "backed by the MMMA".

Thus leading me to my original questions......

i think that would be a HUGE mess. let the government handle certifiying clinics. thats their job.

I would however think it may be a very usefull service if we create and provide a Caregivers or may be a Growers Certification Service. That way any Caregiver that would like to be accredited, has that ability.

We could setup a group of qulity individuals, and we could check out the grow ops. and if everything is in spec (we would ofcourse create the specs) they get a stamp of approval ect, that will let others know they are usuing quality practices, area is clean and atleast somewhat orderly ect.........

i think i ve seen some of that videa NG..... youtube, where 2 FB members are having a huge mis communicaiton, and everything is ripped fully out of context and then those watching the vid are left with a mass mess of confusion they are left to sort thru?

i dont recall much of anything there talking about the MMMA (as in our website) that i can recall> post the link to the video. Id like to see it again, maybe its not the same one i watched, or i missed something in it.

i think i ve seen some of that videa NG..... youtube, where 2 FB members are having a huge mis communicaiton, and everything is ripped fully out of context and then those watching the vid are left with a mass mess of confusion they are left to sort thru?

i dont recall much of anything there talking about the MMMA (as in our website) that i can recall> post the link to the video. Id like to see it again, maybe its not the same one i watched, or i missed something in it.

Edited by Blueberry... No bashing.....

I believe the reference I speak of "furthermore being backed by the MMMA" is at about 4:09.

It is alot of nonsense between 2 people, but the reference to being backed by the MMMA in a threat to a person, "rattled" me a bit.

(If I get in trouble for posting....I'm blaming YOU :) )

NG, thank you....yes that is the vid i seen. i ll re watch it and see the reference you mention.

i know this is from one of the FB Groups.

BB, I do think this can help quell some of the potential issue that are coming down the turn pike as we progress forward in this matter.

ya, that whole thing had nothing to do with the site itself from what i recall...

it is one of those nice messes that happens when folks presume to understand the reasons people do certain things.... Id say it goes hand in hand with the mass confusion not only our State government is having, but the country as a whole.

just so its stated, i did ask for the link to the vid....

I don't see the reference. And I will not allow this bashing video on the website. This is just a libel/slander production. Thanks, bb

I agree bashing other organizations isn't the point here. I was concerned over the reference to the 3MA backing such behavior. The reference is indeed there, I believe I even made it easy, pointing out the time stamp.

BUT

I did say the video may "violate posting regulations"......(Timmmahhh MADE me do it!)

You do make it clear that the MMMA DOES NOT "back clinics". Thank you, that clarifies that!

Your welcome. I had seen the video. The person who made this video runs a certification clinic. I like competition but not competition like is in this video. We need to set up a network so patients can find clinics. We also need to make sure minimum standards are followed. Thanks, bb

I have seen the video in question. :(

i think that would be a HUGE mess. let the government handle certifiying clinics. thats their job.

I would however think it may be a very usefull service if we create and provide a Caregivers or may be a Growers Certification Service. That way any Caregiver that would like to be accredited, has that ability.

We could setup a group of qulity individuals, and we could check out the grow ops. and if everything is in spec (we would ofcourse create the specs) they get a stamp of approval ect, that will let others know they are usuing quality practices, area is clean and atleast somewhat orderly ect.........

i like crafts as much as the next guy but why do we need quilty indiviudal? how are the potters and the glassblowers going to feel? We are not here to judge people by the crafts they make!

glass blowers blow glass, not grow something someone ingests into their body. unless they are using poor or toxic glass to blow with. (McDonalds Glasses from China ring a bell)

by quality, im speaking a group of folks with the proper credentials, that can then certify the care of the grow op, care of the meds, preparations of any food with extracts. these all have major impact on ones health, or the potential of it. to be honest, medical cannabis has really nothing to do with the craft of pottery, metal working, glass blowing ect... you are trying to compare a super ball to a snocone.

You do realize I was joking about being quilty vs quality? Like when someone mentioned cannibals in A2 instead of cannabis. Move along here people nothing to see.

gotchya, didnt notice my fat finger typing.lol as noted move along. lol

all very good points BB. I think a well thought out program (you can call it self governed) where anyone growing under the MMMP can be give a MMMA stamp of approval. Maybe that has the proper sound to it, over a Certified system.

Ok, back to the certification clinic thing. It is important that we not leave it to the government, because the government sends the patient to jail if the certification clinic fails. It is our job to protect the patients from the government. That is not complex it is essential. Why would we allow possibly thousands of patients to be prosecuted because a clinic did not follow the standard of care. Read the current Bills. If the certification is no good, then there is no section 4 or 8 protection. That means prosecution under the CSA/PHC. Ask Bob how this feels and what it does to your life.

A voluntary caregiver certification program would not be a bad thing but trying to require it would give the government the go ahead to do the same thing. I don't want the government involved in the program to no further extent than is allowed by law. thanks, Bb

My Take on this is I have seen so many ads for how easy they can get you certified, they are telling me that they can get me a card. I don't want a card that I either don't qualify for or that is looked at as a fly by night Dr certification. To Me that seems to invite problems. I have watched on this site for over a year now and have watched a lot of the current problems evolve and I am sorry ,but I went from trying to purchase a Home in Michigan and enter the MMJ Program and become a patient, then a caregiver (I have had previous grow experience and at least 5 friends or relatives who are too scared or too inexperinced and didn't want to trust someone that they did not already know). I started looking in Aug, put a bid in on a Home in

Sept, still waiting to close because of some complications on the sellers side, and during that time 2 of them have left the program because of fear. I went from feeling confident about My future and My Friends and Relatives safety and started to have real concerns of someone crashing in the door of my new home. Anything I can do to make sure I have done everything possible to stay safe and still be part of the Program I will pursue. I asked on this forum in an earlier post looking for recommendations for a Certifying Dr with a respected reputation in the MMJ world as well as for any recommendations for a GP or Family Dr. that were MMj friendly as in willing to accept that I will use it if not endorse it. I became scared over the last year and now am looking for advise or info to help me make decision that we all see now can change for the worse in a hurry with the way the laws are being misused right now.. I've dotted My i's and now I want to cross My t's and then I know i have done everything I can do to try to stay safe with this Program. Any Thing that this site does to help People like me in finding safe and trustworthy Dr.s/ Certification Centers, would be appreciated and I think a well used resource. Sorry bout the ramblin jus my way.

Archived