? My Light Bill Went Down?

LongHairBri

I just paid my energy bill today....IT WAS UNDER $500!!

HOW??? nothing has changed. My bills have been 500-600 every month since our law started. Even had a $825 bill last winter. I live in the city, my bills are never estimated.

sure, it's been warm and the heat hasn't kicked on much but I've NEVER been under $500 at any time of year!

mine was half what i expected it to be too....:goodjob:

$235 instead of it's normal $500 :blink:

i dismissed it and plan on paying 250 extra next month.... lol :sword:

it will catch up eventually.....:))

i should go out and look and see if they gave me a new meter... u would think i would know...

the power would have gone off...

for at least a few minutes...which come to think of it it did last month 2-3 times when i came home the clocks were flashing.... hmmmm....

NFC :rolleyes:

I just paid my energy bill today....IT WAS UNDER $500!!

HOW??? nothing has changed. My bills have been 500-600 every month since our law started. Even had a $825 bill last winter. I live in the city, my bills are never estimated.

sure, it's been warm and the heat hasn't kicked on much but I've NEVER been under $500 at any time of year!

Hold on to your $$$ till the next two billing cycles. Hope it stays a good experience. :thumbsu:

i used to think i was saving money by running mine at night....during off peak hours...

but then i realized i have a residential account, and a manual meter...it spins when i use electricity because it has gears...it's not computer controlled....it has no clue what time it is spinning each day.....just that it is spinning....

and then i called consumers to upgrade my meter so i could get the cheap rate in the evening...... and they said....that does not apply to residential customers....only to commercial at this time....

so go on ahead and run them machines whenever u feel like it..don't worry about the time affecting the rate unless u have a deal with your electric provider...it does not matter. they have no clue when your using your power, just that you are....

peace

i used to think i was saving money by running mine at night....during off peak hours...

but then i realized i have a residential account, and a manual meter...it spins when i use electricity because it has gears...it's not computer controlled....it has no clue what time it is spinning each day.....just that it is spinning....

and then i called consumers to upgrade my meter so i could get the cheap rate in the evening...... and they said....that does not apply to residential customers....only to commercial at this time....

so go on ahead and run them machines whenever u feel like it..don't worry about the time affecting the rate unless u have a deal with your electric provider...it does not matter. they have no clue when your using your power, just that you are....

peace

I run mine during off hours then just read you have to get a new meter for that? But then looked again at Consumers and could not find anything. Bummer they can't help us out.

LongHairBri somehow managed to harness the solar winds.

Lol, I looked up solar power panel's this weekend at 4am. The crazy bunny muffin we do at all hours of the morning... 400 watts @ $200-$400 per panel (can be Daisey chain) not including hook up battery storage / other crap.

Easiest way to tell is go out and check the meter.

First gather up your most recent bill and one of your old high ones. Take your old high bills and look at the total kwh's used. It will also show the number of days in the billing period. Just divide the number of days into the total kwh's and you will get your daily use. (by the way DTE shows this number on a graph that is on the bill, but it is worth the exercise just to understand the billing).

Now go out and read your meter. Subtract the most recent meter reading shown on your current bill from the number you just read. This will give you the kwh's used since your last bill. Divide this number by the number of days since the reading on your last bill and it will give you your current daily usage. Either it has dropped and you are a genius at saving power, or they screwed up on the billing somewhere.

I am happy for you . I like the idea of the panels I have heard of some very smart individuals that are doing that but it is expensive up front and takes skills many don't have . I read about a generator on NG costing $500 a month so people with bills over $800 could benefit with a 14k generac set up which costs $16 a day to run currently . This is in a place where neighbors wouldn't be effected like rural areas up North . This allows someone to run almost 7000 watts plus their home .

I recently split my room to have a perpetual grow .I added 400 watts at 18/6 and 400 more at 12/12 . My bill increased by $60 over the previous month . When we have weather in the 60's my home runs about 7 degrees warmer then outside . I just added a 4th ballast increasing my total lights to 1800 watts . I didn't' have to vent my 8 by 14 room with 400 watts with 800 it was uncomfortable but now it will have to happen or I will have to reduce use by 50% once we get over about 65 degree's . I do have smoke detectors and two fire extinguishers . All my circuits are rated for the amps I draw . Though I am considering having dedicated ones added once I figure out what it costs and save up . We do all need to help each other reduce costs whenever and wherever possible . ;>)

I believe the hard part with the panels is the investment over recoup cost. I'm not sure how far I will go but 30% write off for Fed Taxes looks like a nice deal. I'm worried about the storage battery issue. They don't last long and can be very expensive. Or so I'm told. It would be nice to have someone chime in who has one running.

Archived