Ruan99's Grow Journal

ruan99

Seeds germinated Feb. 24th, put under lights 48hrs later. Currently 2 wks under lights.

Started nutrients once the real "leaves" appeared. The nutrient schedule was based on the suggested seedling dosages but I recently noticed some brown tips. Today I flushed and cut the nutrients in half. PH goes up to 6.2 everyday and I down it to 5.8. Temp: 82 degrees today, normal 75 degrees but it is getting warmer outside and affecting the room. Wonder if the addition of fans will help or will I have to get an air conditioner.

Only grew it's second set set of leaves on one side, is this normal? Calling this P1

gallery_28763_1050_66265.jpg

P2, second strain

gallery_28763_1050_100592.jpg

P3, germinated 1 wk after others

gallery_28763_1050_123819.jpg

gallery_28763_1050_62923.jpg

gallery_28763_1050_28910.jpg

gallery_28763_1050_78706.jpg

camera sucks but this is the brown tip

gallery_28763_1050_19218.jpg

what you see there is an 8 bucket under current recirculating deep water culter. With fluorescent 4100k, 3500lumens. Bloom will be two 600w hps. This veg/clone room us two lvls. Above those buckets are shelves that hold the drip system. Bloom will be in a sun hut xxl. This is an attempt at a 2 to 3 week perpetual harvest.

I am waiting for the roots to find their way through the net pot bottom then going to transfer them to the deep water.

Are you positive it was a bug? my computer (tele) isn't v detailed. as long as it doesnt lay eggs yer ok. even tho I only have an occasional gnat, going to start preventative at least every two wks w neem type product. essential oils work too. plus I like those yellow sticky traps.

summer = insects

There are no signs of leaf damage. You are probably right about it being a harmless beetle. I keep hesting about neem oil, I have even seen it in my local shop. Questions are does it work and how is the best way to use it? On walls, floor, directly on leaves?

Thank you,

Ruan99

There are no signs of leaf damage. You are probably right about it being a harmless beetle. I keep hesting about neem oil, I have even seen it in my local shop. Questions are does it work and how is the best way to use it? On walls, floor, directly on leaves?

Thank you,

Ruan99

Yes, neem oil works, but spider mites can build up resistance to it like most products. You just spray it on the leaves, I believe 2 tbsp per gallon of water. Read the instructions though, don't trust my memory. Just spray it on the leaves, especially the undersides. Make sure you dim the lights, or make sure the plants are not too close. The light shining through the oil can magnify the light and burn the leaves. After a day or two the light won't cause any problems. Azamax or Azatrol are superior products in my opinion, even though they are derived from Neem.

Edited by mike44

Transplanted all 3 to the 5 gallon buckets, DWC. 30 gallon system. I put 120ml each of Micro, Grow, and Bloom nutrients. I also put in small amounts of the pond protector, CaMg, and super thrive. Brought the ppm from 350ppm to 1050ppm. PH 5.9. Plan to veg them for 4 weeks, then move them into the 4x8 sunhut with 600w hps.

It is now 5.5wks from planting germinated seeds. Two are 6 inches tall and the other one is 11 inches. They seem small for this amount of time. ph is 6.0, temp is 81 degress, humidity 24% (humidity avg around 55% until this week). Are they on track or is there something wrong? BTW, they are in DWC and have nice white roots.

Upped the nutrients to 10ml/gl of micro and grow. Noticed red stems/branches which i looked up to be N,P deficiency. now 1350ppm.

Doubled the lights on the lil ones. Now four T12 4100k bulbs. they are at 6 inches, 6 weeks old and very bushy. I'll admit I did bury them about 2 inches deeper during week 2 or 3 in order to help roots reach bottom of net pot.

Humidity 39%, Temp 84. Put an open container of water with fan to raise humidity.

Cannatonic- 6" very bushy.

Strawberry blue 6" dark green

Sage n sour- 11" , 6wks

Pics to come.

Edited by ruan99

• 2 weeks later...