Need Advice Lots Of It, My Story And Plan

FYI, you can go and reapply for SS. Most likely you made to much to stay on ss, it is all explained in the book they gave you.

Becoming a cg for profit is currently viewed as taboo. And the state is currently opposed to such activities. Drug dealers are in business for profit. Care givers are in it to help the sick and dying.

I have known many engineers that work from home soooo maybe you should look into that?

Many caregivers here provide meds to their patients for what they can afford to pay. If you find well to do patients who use a lot of meds, obviously you would do better than I. I provide meds to my patients at cost or less because that is what I want to do. I could make some money if I desired to see my patients unable to eat well, or move to substandard housing.

If you ever consider 2 caregivers, keep them in seperate locations, as the attorney general frowns on shared grow spaces.

I think you should go for it as long as you balance the need to make a living with the need to get quality meds to patients at a good rate. It is possible to do both.

thank you!

A torn rotator cuff from patting yourself on the back is not a qualification for a Michigan Medical Marinuana Card. Thats the trouble with trolls, they have short arms. Medcnman.

If you knew anything about this i have Ps-RA includes: chronic pain RA is rheumatoid arthritis, i qualify due too 10 years on pain meds with still not 100% relief - i can not tolerate enough. If you really knew much - you know about the PS part. You also know that RA effects nerves in severe cases - obviously that is me.

My definition a Troll is one who goes too other peoples posts and inflames them, i am simply getting opinions and wishing a spirited discussion. I want all the negative stuff, if i thought it was easy i would not have made this post - would I?

Over 99 plants on site and your out of the ballpark brother. Bright Lights.

2 seperate rooms locked is legal - correct?

FYI, you can go and reapply for SS. Most likely you made to much to stay on ss, it is all explained in the book they gave you.

Becoming a cg for profit is currently viewed as taboo. And the state is currently opposed to such activities. Drug dealers are in business for profit. Care givers are in it to help the sick and dying.

I have known many engineers that work from home soooo maybe you should look into that?

I can not, they exported my expertise - I was one of the best in world at what I did. 90*% all the people in my field lost their jobs. The companies all merged, then went bankrupt, then got scooped for nothing by foreigners. Just as is happening in all industries, except the car biz that goverment has socialized - i own 6 GM vehicles. I keep them some are 15 plus years in my ownership - GN has a sign on the wall they paid all the money back! Wrong! The government is still largest share holder and the value of stock is about half. That is called socialized/facist biz.

thank you, i did work from home i built computers but I fried my back - RA hit me in the hands/feet/spine/neck/hips but also have osteo arthritis (knees, shoulders and elbows) one from one side, the second from the other (p's). If you note, I have posted almost around the clock - another little fun part of this chronic fatigue so i have too sleep after a few hours up. So my day is like 3 little short days. When i was on dose pain killers and anti depressives (i did not need this i need machine for sleep apnea) i was basical physcotic - i stay up for 1.5 days then sleep for 18-24 hours.

I appreciate your feedback, concerns for more competition the fact you may worked so hard only to have the state do 180 on you. I am sure some of you 100% legit, I am sure some of you may just be bongheads.

By the way, i did smoke weed, they took me off Ritalin when was 14, i self medicated by 18 i was getting strait A's the more weed I smoked the better my grades. This was fact for a long time, my best designs was when I was high - i could focus. Had kids, switch caffeine, did not even drink pop - did not drink coffee until my 30's.

"Say Hi" to me is tell us about yourself. I think this post has explained my position. I may just get a card or some overage for now!

Again my issue was triggered by bad doctor, i had sleep issues and he treated the symptoms and did not test for the diseases of sleep apnea - oversize tonsils/annoids. Plus I was on of the top 50 D2 HC players in the world. I had 98's and 99's in all the first ladders. If you old and game you might know the game. If you played my accounts where all named Lords of.... My nick name in high level groups was Holly PKK, the PK's called me lords.

ok guys, i given you a lot of info about me. I will no doubt be connecting with some of you. As I troll this site with out posting!

Dragonsprayer I say the more the merrier.And all the hype saying it costs thousands to grow.Well thats probably coming from people who pay someone else to hold their hand to get rid of their meds.If You look at the law on the whole You will realize You can only help 5 patients at a time.If Your unemployed hey any income beats a blank right?I say Good Luck to You or anyone else wanting to grow this plant.stay legal stay safe and lets bring the price down back to where it was before It became legal or hopefully even lower lol

This 100% wrong, how is this any different then any other medical biz? I have discussed this for years - i joke and call my wife a drug dealer! Why? she had never even smoked let alone drink.

She works for major pharma company - so how is it different? I know the law is worded as caregiver but laws are bs.

Do you speed? you always drive 55

You always drive in the right lane and use your turn singles every turn - even by your house with no one around?

You do not pad your IRS charitable deduction as 99% of americans do?

I could list more, if you actually read my post and thought about. And I say this after thinking about what you said for almost a day. You realize this is what I need - can you work a regular job?

You need so many SS credits per year only $5000 a year for 5 of 10 years broken into quarters. You could make $2000 a year and not fall off - i fell out of the system and it is 5 years to get back in. Even though i paid a lot of taxes.

Of all the posts, this one i dislike the most. Since you sound intelligent but should realize I have few options. Ya, this site is just a bunch of nurses growing weed at cost for their patients? Or is it a lot of bong heads? Or is just really nice people, you help old ladies across street every week too? ya? ja?

I am not trying to inflame you, I just felt your post made the least sense. While you seemed the most intelligent.

Wow how come all of the sudden your sentences are making complete sense and I can understand them? Your other ones I can hardly decipher what a difference in your writing skills.

You will do as you choose about this but I can tell you the electric bill alone is gonna kill ya. Finding patients isn't easy when you first start up. Growing and growing good medical marijuana are miles apart and it takes a lot of trial and error. This isn't something you can "think" out it takes a lot of work. What you've read or heard is way out of date. Selling black market is the only way to make the kind of money your looking for and you can do that no matter where you live. Honestly guy if your trying to find a way to make money this isn't the route to go. Michigan does not need any "dope" dealers those positions have been filled.

Dragonsprayer I say the more the merrier.And all the hype saying it costs thousands to grow.Well thats probably coming from people who pay someone else to hold their hand to get rid of their meds.If You look at the law on the whole You will realize You can only help 5 patients at a time.If Your unemployed hey any income beats a blank right?I say Good Luck to You or anyone else wanting to grow this plant.stay legal stay safe and lets bring the price down back to where it was before It became legal or hopefully even lower lol

Dude! now that is support! I was about to give up - you just did me 180 turn

you pm'd me because you wanted me to see this? why?

Thank you very much for your post dragonsprayer, you are a prime example of what makes it so hard for legitimate caregivers and patients to be taken seriously here in michigan. How can we convince society that this is truly for medicinal reasons and not for the money when there are "people" like this. I have spent the last year trying to help patients who are stuck with caregivers of your mindset and its not easy. If you are a caregiver makeing a living off the money of your sick patients you are definately not a care giver. What do you do if one of your patients doesnt have the money for meds? turn them away? I know Im rambling but I gotta tell ya it pi@#$& me off that someone would have the b%^*s to even ask this question after all the work many people have put in to show this is not what were about. If a post like this made it out to the news they could use it to clearly show its about the money. Stay where yer at and plant some corn, if your as good as you think you are maybe you could come up with a new strain of " money tree " Now Ill take a clone of that!

---------------------------------- dr feelgood above - this post is messedup---------------

me:

i expect this but not that bad, obviously the market is saturated? I am not sure but I am still coming out for nice Michigan drive along the lake and then inside.

In the end the most honest responses seem to be my greatest deterrent. But that is why i made the post - isn't it!

This 100% wrong, how is this any different then any other medical biz? I have discussed this for years - i joke and call my wife a drug dealer! Why? she had never even smoked let alone drink.

She works for major pharma company - so how is it different? I know the law is worded as caregiver but laws are bs.

Do you speed? you always drive 55

You always drive in the right lane and use your turn singles every turn - even by your house with no one around?

You do not pad your IRS charitable deduction as 99% of americans do?

I could list more, if you actually read my post and thought about. And I say this after thinking about what you said for almost a day. You realize this is what I need - can you work a regular job?

You need so many SS credits per year only $5000 a year for 5 of 10 years broken into quarters. You could make $2000 a year and not fall off - i fell out of the system and it is 5 years to get back in. Even though i paid a lot of taxes.

Of all the posts, this one i dislike the most. Since you sound intelligent but should realize I have few options. Ya, this site is just a bunch of nurses growing weed at cost for their patients? Or is it a lot of bong heads? Or is just really nice people, you help old ladies across street every week too? ya? ja?

I am not trying to inflame you, I just felt your post made the least sense. While you seemed the most intelligent.

Listen man I don't know what you're trying to Getty at or do but you clearly bed to do more research. I stated my opinion in my first post and then you pm me to read your response. I read it and I stick to what I said, I never called myself the clone master I was signing up for the site and couldn't think of anything better so I went with my name since I used to always have clones available. Your attitude is poor at best and the way you talk to people explains why you're looking to move I'm sure who you live by now has had enough derogatory comments made about them by you. You're very defensive because were trekking your what you don't want to hear it reminds me of when I tell my 5yr old son no and he gets all pissy just lie you're acting. you've thrown out some whacky plant numbers and your opinion of the law that we have but the majority of your info was totally wrong. Sign up 2cg slots in the same house and go over 99 pants you might as well call the local dea on your self they'd love to put you away for 5+ years. You've got your answers now since you're so smart and well versed after 7 years of online research make your decision and follow through with it but I'm willing to bet if you do choke you're going to be thoroughly disappointed and still searching for your gold at the end of the rainbow

Listen man I don't know what you're trying to Getty at or do but you clearly bed to do more research. I stated my opinion in my first post and then you pm me to read your response. I read it and I stick to what I said, I never called myself the clone master I was signing up for the site and couldn't think of anything better so I went with my name since I used to always have clones available. Your attitude is poor at best and the way you talk to people explains why you're looking to move I'm sure who you live by now has had enough derogatory comments made about them by you. You're very defensive because were trekking your what you don't want to hear it reminds me of when I tell my 5yr old son no and he gets all pissy just lie you're acting. you've thrown out some whacky plant numbers and your opinion of the law that we have but the majority of your info was totally wrong. Sign up 2cg slots in the same house and go over 99 pants you might as well call the local dea on your self they'd love to put you away for 5+ years. You've got your answers now since you're so smart and well versed after 7 years of online research make your decision and follow through with it but I'm willing to bet if you do choke you're going to be thoroughly disappointed and still searching for your gold at the end of the rainbow

yyaa, i type crappy, i come across that way. i misposted a few times too.

1) 7 years of research was sitting on my azz, what i did - was all world events and science etc. Not pot -lol! I researched pot like (before this 24 hours) like 5-10 hours in the last decade! 7 years of researching pot. I grew pure inidica decades ago! My clone success rate was 80% plus.

Right now i am typing a blog on how to make refractory cermaics post TEOTWAWNI - i post it - it rough draft i wrote last night as an example.

i researched this site 2-3 years ago for 1 day or 2. Returned once. But, i want too provoke people, not as troll but in making the decision.

2) There is plenty of people that disagree with you, but i wanted both sides - so i appreciate your repost.

3)if actually read this - you see i am NOT looking for pot of gold. i own a lot of gold now. Many onces, i actually selling some today OR NEXT WEEK. If you need it, i discount it at 1600/once.

4)ok i made a mistake about the 99 plants - easy to take care of subdivide the property. or other ways plus this is debatable IMHO.

if divide off the house then it is 2 houses? like a town house - no? ja?

5) i form trust before i do this to cover my azz - so thx for the advice feel free to unfriend me. i be sure not to pm you again.

6) cloning pot is not harder then cloing flowers in the spring - i am not impressed that you have them all the time. sounds like you have too many plants my young friend?

ps: if you do not want any more pizzy replies do not post. i only pm'd you since your the first few and i was new like you. What a mistake, then again if your so new how did you get all those friends?

math people are like that, i get along great with 2 kinds of people complete opposites and those who are like me. At the doctor office i change meds, i said if you 4 now you use 2 - but i said that is 4% and now it is 3.5% HE looked at me like? He goes do not look at like that. Well it was true - but it only comes in pumps so it is what it is!

thx dude - rock on! have a nice life and good luck with the kid!

warning: copy write by me on this site - no reprints or resending of this will out email me first! you will be proscuted if this is released before it sent in a few days. I wrote this last night at 3am to 6:30.

only part 1 is partly proofed and corrected read it and enjoy! you learn something dude!

This was written and sent too XXXXXXX, in responce to posts of metal working. XXX suggested it needed more info on getting refractory. So i have decided to add 2 parts, part 2 is getting refractory or raw material you could not when the SHTF and part 3 How to make refreactory post teotwawkit.

Really I suggest on stocking spare brick, refractory cement will have a limited shelf life - unless you order monolithic refractory with the binder seperate and store it like food.

Clay based refractory call plastic, you could store it and add water to resurect it. Phospate bonded may not work - I have never tried it. But a pure clay base should. Again, you could ask for mix minus the binder and add the binder later.

Phospater binder is aluminum phosphate, these higher temperature plastics use only a few percent of clay - the same as good make up! The binder is made from heating aluminum hydride (sound familar? anacid), phos acid (sould familar - ya coke) small amout clay as a buffer and cooking it at 200-250 f.

Part 1

What is refractory and who cares, lets start with why you care! With out refractory materials there would be no metals, few chemicals and we could not break down thick black crude into gas, diesel, kerosene and many other useful compositions. With out refractory you can not smelt copper or aluminum, forge iron or steel. The fact is man has made refractory all along, all along with the bronze age, the iron age there where various refractory ages.

My background is refractory design, installation and more, by degree i am a ceramic engineer. I designed refractory (a high temperature material that resists corrosion, abrasion and temperature, to contain heat or other materials) for aluminum plants, steel plants, petrochemical, incineration and may other applications. In my 5 shorts years in pure research, as a refractory engineer not only was I published, but my techniques for testing refractory where adapted to by entire industries, many of the products i designed are still state the art almost 2 decades later. Unfortunately, my country sold me out, my expertise became useless like so many others when we exported all our industry overseas over the same time period, regardless i was one the best in the world at what i did. Today that call that economic detente, the only thing that keeps our dollar a float, is economic detente.

At 23 I gave papers at the ACS (Amevian Ceramic Society)to packed rooms of engineers and industry experts, 500 to 1000, from all over the world, 2 of these papers where recently published in book last year so my work is still significant. One of the main reasons that wrote this information was for the forging of metals. This is the beginning of what i hope will be multi-part series that explains all relative areas of refractory, post TEOTWAWKI (P-T). One can not refine and forge metal with out refractory. I wrote this after I read one the SB's articles on forging, i saw there where mistakes in it about refractory, and its application. Please do not assume you be able to get refractory post TEOTWAWKI.

The refractory most of us know is a fire brick, this brick is different from other brick in your fireplace and it lines the bottom, sides and top of combustion chamber. Not only is firebrick in fireplace hearths but in wood stoves and, furnaces. More importantly you can not work with metal with our refractory, do you know who to make it? In the refractory world standard firebrick is reversed, the high temperature brick used in houses is the lowest grade and is used a low cost back or insulation behind layers of high end refractory. You can not melt steel or aluminum using fireplace brick as the outer insulation, in the case of steel it will melt, in the case of aluminum it will dissolve.

In my field fireplace brick is about the lowest grade of refractory we made, Fire brick is both low in alumina (aluminum oxide (white powder or rust of aluminum)) content and high in glass. In fact i worked on refractory castable (concrete) for the one biggest makers of premade fire place hearths. We made the refractory that precast fake brick panel hearths.

In general the higher the alumina content the higher the temperature rating. the lower the silica (silicon dexoide (sand)) content the more expensive the refractory. A simple way to rate refractory is by expansion, when refractory expands over 2% of its volume it has reached it is temperature limit. This is not thermal expansion but the bloating of soft part or glass phase of the refractory.

In a survial situation most easy and good forms of refractory have already been mined, it will be difficult to make fire brick or refractory for containing moltan metal. In past special clays, and mineral deposits where blended to form refractory. Sample are shaped in a cone shape and fired to temperatures, in the past temperature was determined by color changes of various oxides. Making cones and determining temperatures by oxide changes is beyond the scope of this article or what most peole will be able to do post TEOTWAWKIT. But some simple knowledge may help people make there own refractory if need be.

Steel, steel is refined at 2500 to 3000F, iron is produced around 2500. To refine steel you need very sophisticated refractory that not only is very storng at temperature but is also very chemically resistant to metal, slag and refining agents.

Aluminum, aluminum in nature is next to impossible to seperate from oxygen, it is very high temperature process. Remelting and refining aluminum metal, as in recycling cans is very low temperature process in the refractory world. Aluminum is refind with flux, usually cryolite or calcium floride a mineral that is common in the midwest. The flux is highly corrosive, adding calcium floride to refractory below 2% is a trade secret I worked on.

Refinging oil into its various componets involves slamming alumian particles or catyist into oild molecules at 1200-1500f, this refractory is nearlly pure alumina for its abrasion resistance to the cataylist.

Post TEOTWAWKIT, to make refractory for furnaces to melt aluminum or to forge iron would be difficult but not impossible. Anyone who plans on specializing in heating or metal should learn some refractory basics. Refractory that is formed in place is called monolithic refractory, first on is call plastic is clay bonded or bonded with very dmalls quantities of clay (such as 2% bentonite) and aluminum phosphate (which is made from heating pure hydrated alumina plus phosphoric acid to 150-200f ). My brother law repaired is fireplace with 100lb box of phosphate boned 90% alumina plastic refractory, he spread it around then lite the fire and instant repair. Plastic is like molding clay with little rocks in it.

The little rocks, call aggregate are prefire refractory particles at temperature they bond with binder and form a glass phase. The glass absorbs alumina from the aggregate and hardens with firing. Aggregate is also used in refractory concrete call castable, this is just like regular concrete but bonded with alumina cement.

A fire brick is not a monolith as it is prefire to temperature usually higher then it service life, the bricks in fireplace with bloat around 2500f and have less then 40% alumina. They work great at applications below 2000 f, but if you melt aluminum in a fire brick it will be completely penetrate and the resulting mix of refractory and slag with melt very very quickly. Add the CF mentioned above and the refractory can not wet the brick, the molten aluminum looks like mercury on the table balls up do too surface tension.

Another refractory i just mention is graphite and silicon carbide, these are both constituents and very important by themselves. In a reducing atmosphere (no or little oxygen) graphite will not oxidize (burn) is a one of the best refractories for melting metals or oxides. Silicon carbide is made from sand and carbon, this is very important surfactant (keeps things from penetrating and sticking) in steel and iron production. You find 2-3% carbon and 5-1-% silicon carbide in many iron refractory products, and others. A graphite crucible (which is carbon) could be made pretty easily P-T. You cook carbon an sand for a long time and get silicon carbide. Graphite can be made and pressed with binders such as clay and high carbon crucibles can be made.

Believe it or not i tried to keep this simple and not too complex, the terms i used are very common in the refractory world. Post TEOTWAWKI, at familiarizing yourself with all the terminology above may make the difference in procuring the proper refractory for your application. I suggest if you are planning on working any area that requires refractory that you research the composition and components so you can make it yourself.

Part 2

Getting refreactory, easy you call around and you get advice for what you are doing. Buy a sample it sould come with a msds sheet. You may see things like silicone carbide, chrome, calsium floride or alumium floride or carbon. Each of these 4 materials are essential anti wetting adjents. Most refreactoy will contain 2%, the florides are for aluminum, the chrome is for high temp slag or crossive steel containment. For instance green chrome is pigment, but your building a high temperature cyclone coal burner i.e. power generation, you could buy some and keep a few hundred llbs. (green chrome turns too yellow chrome which hexavalent and highly toxic and water soluble) Same with the florspar or calcium floride, this is used as antiwetting agent for aluminum you want it fine like coarse flour add 2% and the aluminum can not wet or penatrate the refractory.

For Iron you use a blend of carbon (this burns out so you need a reducing atmpshere or too simple get the refractory glazed sealed before the iron is added - 1 to 2% plus 2-3% silicone carbide.

Reducing atmpshere is created by a lack of oxygen, the same principle of wood gas stove powered car. If the gas vapors burn you got a reducing or oxygen free atmpshere - how do you do that? You seal up the system tight complete fill it with coal or charcoal (SHTF fuel), keep the air flow low. Bring you heat up until you reach your temps.

This is for a home made monolithic refractory.

Part 3

How to make refractory post TEOTWAWKI - you use the time honered cone methode - you need a furnace first. I suggest a small electric and I assume you have a generator to power it. You buy cones that melt at certain temps - you then make cones of your materials.

How find the main raw materials, you need to find clay patches. Most really high temperature clays come from china and guana - bauxite. Once fired, above its melting temperature it will contain steel. Lets face it, that would be tough! But, remember aluminum is extrated from bauxite, the oxygen is driven off - reoxidizing aluminum makes aluminum powder a very very high temperature material 3300-3400. To sinter it, you need to blend in a small amout of impurites, first is silicon, second is calcium and sodium - this is pop bottel glass. You would need more silicon or silica (beach sand) which is oxidized silocon (this is what a cpu is made from or solar cells).

Ok wow we are getting some where by combining clay, oxidized aluminum, sand and bottle glass you could make a high tempature aggregate. Aggregate is usually balls of 1" of small that high fired or sintered, too they shrink until all porosity is gone. Wow this is hard!

You check Porosity by using water displacement and scale, once max density is achieved - least amout of displaced water at a given weight you fully sintered your ball. Next your crush it. Then you combine it with raw clay until you can mold it.

You must test your clay, it has to be refractory clay - yes there is lots in the southern USA what about out west? You need maps or insight.

Obviously this is highly complex, so how did they do it in the old days? They used lots of coal, the coal or charcoal became the insulation for the furnace. The steel might run through the furnace but the coal was thickenough so the make body of the furnace never reached any where near the temps need to work steel.

Part 4

Fireplace brick - this could be made from local clays. You need to blend sand and clay and use the cone method to test your melting point. You want 2000-2200 but you can get away with less.

steel

My suggestion is research how old furnaces where made with out modern refractory, If you want to work steel get some books on it. Steel is worked at 2500 or higher. It is melted or alloyed at 2700 to 3000 f.

Most likely you would be using scrap, heating in a reducing atmosphere (coal) driving off the oxygen from rust to steel again heating to working temps. I would get books on the eurpeon armor and gun making process and of coarse the japaneese sword making.

The japansse use high iron raw materials, forget it is all used up! You would use lets say leaf springs from a car - use the same steel! You would heat it in a reducing atmosphere and then forge it, or fold it. Form it, then temper it. You need to know how to temper each steel grade.

Lets take modern knife, D2 is air harden this is tool steel or high hardness. While softer 5160 is quenched.

Alumiuum

Forget using electricity to make aluminum from bauxite, find aluminum scrap. Aluminum has a low melting temperature and is very sensitve to small amounts of alloy. Floride, or spar is used both a flux and cover and aluminum is melted too a liquid in a bath. Adding 2% CaF2 or spar will create an anti wetting refractory.

You need anit wetting since if you use home made refractory from clay and sand, which would work fine - the silica will get into the aluminum. 7075 is a high silicon alloy and very agressiive but if get more silicone into the aluminum it will be brittle - that is bad!

Copper is nasty! Forge it from scrap. Forget finding nice deposits of copper and nickle - they are all gone!

Part 5

Post TEOTWAWKI

Buy fire brick and store them, fireplace liner brick with a 2200 rating are very cheap. Then line these brink with a blend of material mentioned above.

Once of the resources will be house brick, but these are very low melting and very high in impurities. They could be crushed and combined with sand and sluminum oxide to increase the melting temperature.

I really suggest buying some test cones and mini test furnace, if you plan on doing metal work or a book on refractoy cones. Make sure you buy extra silicon carbine heating rods. You need a power sorce too - really quite simple. A box, the liner, the rods and control system for conversion of your voltage into useable power for the rods.

Eutectic is place that is low melting spot for a blend of element oxides (Sio2, Al2O3 etc) these are called phase diagram books. If you really interested in making refractory this is the place to start.

copy write by me on this site - no reprints or resending of this will out email me first!

Archived