Ozone Or Filter?

Letterhead954

I'm in the middle of my first grow. I'm close to putting my first plants in flower. My plan is to eventually harvest four plants a month, though I haven't been able to get my plant count high enough yet to do that. I live in a residential area, so odor control is essential. The folks at the hydro store sold me an ozone generator (at more than double the cost of what I can get the same one for online...yeah, I'm taking it back) and told me that would be enough. The online stores say the one I got will cover 1000 sq. ft, while the box says it covers 1000 CUBIC feet. Big difference, and I don't know which one is correct. Anyway, is an ozone generator enough for odor control for a grow my size (veg room is 4'x5', bloom room is 7'x7'), or do I need a charcoal filter? Or do I need both? If I need a filter, can anyone suggest a good one at a good price? Thanks!

I'm in the middle of my first grow. I'm close to putting my first plants in flower. My plan is to eventually harvest four plants a month, though I haven't been able to get my plant count high enough yet to do that. I live in a residential area, so odor control is essential. The folks at the hydro store sold me an ozone generator (at more than double the cost of what I can get the same one for online...yeah, I'm taking it back) and told me that would be enough. The online stores say the one I got will cover 1000 sq. ft, while the box says it covers 1000 CUBIC feet. Big difference, and I don't know which one is correct. Anyway, is an ozone generator enough for odor control for a grow my size (veg room is 4'x5', bloom room is 7'x7'), or do I need a charcoal filter? Or do I need both? If I need a filter, can anyone suggest a good one at a good price? Thanks!

Ran CanFilter and fans for years. It gets expensive replaceing prefilters and carbon.

I switched to a $99 Ozone Jr. Wow! What a difference. Smell went away in minutes and it takes only 7Watts to run the unit. Covers 1000 sq. feet.

Bottom line: Ozone gets rid of the smell.

Yeah, ozone gets rid of smell completely and is definitely cheaper with not having to buy replacement parts or filters. 1 caveat though is that ozone is hazardous to people, pets, and most importantly your plants, so only use it if you have a good way to safely exhaust the ozone-ated air. For instance, I run all my cooling fans into an airtight box I made. My ozone generator then sits in thebox and is exhausted directly outside away from pets, people and plants.

So, where do I place it? The OZN jr. cycles ten minutes on, ten minutes off. That wouldn't work inside the ducting. Air will be drawn directly from my flower room, which is in my basement, then blown outside. Should I just place it in the basement? Should I get one that doesn't cycle?

Which is accurate, that the OZN jr. covers 1000 SQUARE feet or 1000 CUBIC feet? The website says one thing, the box says the other. My basement is a lot less than 1000 sq. ft., but a whole lot more than 1000 cubic ft.

That is weird letter head about the space it covers, not sure what to tell you but I bet it is 1000sq feet. I think those are like 80 bucks at HTG supply. I used a 4"inline fan pulling thru a carbon filter and it worked on my 2 plants in a cabinet. I just exhausted it out the back and smell was gone. Wife said it sounded like a plane was gonna take off though, but smell gone.

If ozone is not so good for the house it should be just fine in my garage I would guess since the garage is sealed from the house. Last 2 plants were grown with out carbon filter and the whole garage at times smelled pretty ripe. I will add ozone to my wish list.

I'm into over kill Have 3 cabinets all are filtered to the room they are in. the room has a ozone gen then the whole room is filter to the outside.

best answer yet!!

ozone ROCKS for odor control. it is an indoor air pollution so adjust as low as possible. then filter thru charcoal for any air vented outside

I think it was an ozone generator I bought years ago as a air purifier. I paid like $500 for it it was from a friend selling them thru a MLM program. The darn thing was great and made the whole house smell NEW but I guess it is not so good to breath all the time LOL

best answer yet!!

ozone ROCKS for odor control. it is an indoor air pollution so adjust as low as possible. then filter thru charcoal for any air vented outside

Hey Bri, if I'm using ozone, how critical is it to use a filter? I'll be venting outside. Due to the cost I was hoping to be able to use one or the other, but since I'm new at this, I just don't know.

Archived