Need Emergency Legal Advice!

Daddy Nothing

Here is my situation:

I am a caregiver in northern Oakland County (Pontiac). Because of some issues unrelated to medical marijuana my license is not valid at the present time, so I had my girlfriend give me a ride to my line cook job this afternoon. She was driving my car (which is a little messy) and on the way back home from dropping me off at work was pulled over by the Oakland County Sheriff Department for speeding. During the traffic stop the officer noticed a few pieces of ducting which were in my backseat and commented on them. My girlfriend said only that the car was not hers but mine. The officer mentioned that his computer was down and wrote her a ticket, but said that if her record was clean she should be able to set a court date and get the ticket reduced to a charge with no points. While her record is clean I have a misdemeanor possession charge from a few years ago, which I assume the officer discovered once he was able to run my information. She returned home and did some yard work. About an hour later she informed me that a Sheriff chopper was circling our block and focusing on our house specifically for over half an hour...to an amount that some of our neighbors who were outside made comments about. I left work early and returned home, and got her and our dog over to her parents house.

I am legal and within both plant and weight limits, have not been involved in transactions with anyone but my registered patients, but definitely know that I am being investigated.

What should I do? Should I go to the police department and show them my cards, although no action has been taken against me at this time? I do not know when or even if a raid is forthcoming, but I am willing to bet that it is, and would rather not have to experience the Oakland County Sheriff kicking down my door at 5 am. I am just sitting here waiting for the other shoe to drop, but if it doesn't happen tonight I don't know what to do. I would rather not have my dog or my girlfriend subjected to a no-knock raid.

Please help!

Here is my situation:

I am a caregiver in northern Oakland County (Pontiac). Because of some issues unrelated to medical marijuana my license is not valid at the present time, so I had my girlfriend give me a ride to my line cook job this afternoon. She was driving my car (which is a little messy) and on the way back home from dropping me off at work was pulled over by the Oakland County Sheriff Department for speeding. During the traffic stop the officer noticed a few pieces of ducting which were in my backseat and commented on them. My girlfriend said only that the car was not hers but mine. The officer mentioned that his computer was down and wrote her a ticket, but said that if her record was clean she should be able to set a court date and get the ticket reduced to a charge with no points. While her record is clean I have a misdemeanor possession charge from a few years ago, which I assume the officer discovered once he was able to run my information. She returned home and did some yard work. About an hour later she informed me that a Sheriff chopper was circling our block and focusing on our house specifically for over half an hour...to an amount that some of our neighbors who were outside made comments about. I left work early and returned home, and got her and our dog over to her parents house.

I am legal and within both plant and weight limits, have not been involved in transactions with anyone but my registered patients, but definitely know that I am being investigated.

What should I do? Should I go to the police department and show them my cards, although no action has been taken against me at this time? I do not know when or even if a raid is forthcoming, but I am willing to bet that it is, and would rather not have to experience the Oakland County Sheriff kicking down my door at 5 am. I am just sitting here waiting for the other shoe to drop, but if it doesn't happen tonight I don't know what to do. I would rather not have my dog or my girlfriend (who is a patient but still waiting for her 21 days to be up) subjected to a no-knock raid.

Please help!

Lock everything up tight, if not already pad lock the grow room, get someone to get you and go stay with her parents if you can. If they do come call a lawyer and let him negotiate with them.

They need a sale or suspicion of sales if you have only worked with who your connected to through the registry id not worry about it losing your mind over this isn't going to change the future relax get your ducks in a row be ready to show them your info at the door but do not let them enter without a warrant if they persist ask for a lawyer do NOT tell them anything without a lawyer present.

Yeah if your legal you should be ok,but.... and a big BUT here, they may raid ya or may just knock and ask for your cards. Biggest thing is do not talk to them. they are not your friends and anything you say will be used AGAINST YOU. So if they knock and ask for your cards step outside and lock the door behind you and show them your cards. Do not let them in without a warrant and even then say NOTHING to them. NOTHING.....

Here is my situation:

What should I do? Should I go to the police department and show them my cards, although no action has been taken against me at this time? I do not know when or even if a raid is forthcoming, but I am willing to bet that it is, and would rather not have to experience the Oakland County Sheriff kicking down my door at 5 am. I am just sitting here waiting for the other shoe to drop, but if it doesn't happen tonight I don't know what to do. I would rather not have my dog or my girlfriend subjected to a no-knock raid.

Please help!

Please let us know what is happening.

Wow big stress my man, I feel for you. All the above advice is good advice, I would just add stay busy idle mind get to turning to much on a situation, no need for a lot of stress. What you are doing is legal, make sure you have all your info and facility all in order. This is one of the costs of being a caregiver in these times unfortunately and it is a cost both psychically, emotionally and monetarily. I highly recommend every caregiver start a relationship with a attorney now or if you are thinking about growing that is your first step. I did this and really glad I did. Pay for an hour consultation so that you get some questions answered, get clearer on what you should personally be doing so you are less likely to have legal issues. When they kick in the door is not the time to be figuring out who to call you should have a number and a relationship with a lawyer already.

I am a very compassionate caregiver, but patients need to keep this cost in mind when there are considering the donation rate for meds.

Here is my situation:

Please help!

http://www.mican.co/

dude just dont say nothing because you really dont have to and youll b ok if your not one of those guys doing max plants and running 500000000 watts who cares your lawyer will beat it under state law only reason these fuks come in and mess with houses is for fines and fees just basically call your lawyer and ask for advice and if you need 1 i kno a few good ones in this line of business

thanks

hydro master

You are completely legal, but worried that an emergency helicopter mission was dispatched to your home within the hour because a traffic cop found an old misdemeanor possession charge on your record? :unsure:

Look, whether or not I'm legal really makes no difference to the Oakland County Sheriff Department, since they have no way of knowing right now if I'm legal or not. All I know is that about an hour after this traffic stop a Sheriff helicopter flew in, circled my block and my house and left. So yeah, I am a little worried. Not that I'm going to prison, but mostly about the goon squad kicking down my door at 5 am and shooting my dog.

I'm pretty sure you'd be worried as well.

Anyhoo, thankfully the goon squad did NOT kick down my door last night, although I still have no reason to think it won't happen sometime soon. Thanks for the advice everybody, and I will definitely be giving the Michigan Cannabis Attorney Network a call tomorrow, so when/if this goes down I'll be ready. :sword:

You are completely legal, but worried that an emergency helicopter mission was dispatched to your home within the hour because a traffic cop found an old misdemeanor possession charge on your record? :unsure:

yeah that's where i'm at too... but i'v also been the guy to know every single helicopter that flew in my area before too... lol ;-) hard not to become noided near chop!

daddy... i'd be a bit surprised man... that they would dispatch a copter to your place in particular based on some hvac pieces... what if you just worked hvac now? misdemeanor possession wouldn't nec justify a fly by... and even still... they'd be looking for flir pick up, which isn't legal to obtain a warrant with... they need other suspicion (more than hvac gear) in order to use the flir fly by as corraborating to issue an actual warrant. pretty sure that's been the law of the land ever since that sc ruling over the oregon dude.

but it's always better to be a noid, than sloppy. i'd make sure all plant counts are in order... to what your paperwork is valid... and have no overages other than my personal. gl bro... thinkin u'l be cool tho. peace.

It is unlikely they would dispatch a chopper just to take a look see. If they did they were most likely looking to see if it was an out door grow.

No visible plants no hassles. I am always aware of what goes on in my neighbor hood. Anything out of place is mentally noted.

And precautions taken. Sad that we have to be forced into a state of paranoia.

After thoughts: They may have been looking for someone running from a traffic stop or fleeing a suspected crime scene.

Happens now and then in my hood.

Look, whether or not I'm legal really makes no difference to the Oakland County Sheriff Department, since they have no way of knowing right now if I'm legal or not. All I know is that about an hour after this traffic stop a Sheriff helicopter flew in, circled my block and my house and left. So yeah, I am a little worried. Not that I'm going to prison, but mostly about the goon squad kicking down my door at 5 am and shooting my dog.

Anyhoo, thankfully the goon squad did NOT kick down my door last night, although I still have no reason to think it won't happen sometime soon. Thanks for the advice everybody, and I will definitely be giving the Michigan Cannabis Attorney Network a call tomorrow, so when/if this goes down I'll be ready. :sword:

Glad to see your OK.

I think that they would check your registry id or drive by in a sqaud car before the emergency financial manager of Pontiac ok's 15 grand to launch a helicopter investigation based on a suspicious piece of ducting in your back seat. Seems pretty far fetched, but I guess you can never be too paranoid in oakland county.

You proballey had a med flight go over . I live right under the route from St Joes or U of M to St Mary's in Grand Rapids . Scares me all the time then you have the copters from Selfridge that do hover and often at night even in formations at times . I am sorry about your fear I understand as sick as we are just the threat of processing interupting medications is stressful . Very few people understand what were going through and they can be very harmful to those in drug therapies . One of my friends was processed ( arrested and charged ) for having her meds in a daily planner instead of the orginail containers . By the time several hours went by with none of her dependent meds she went bizerk , was hospitalized and had a stroke from being cold turkey'd so quick . There are no protections for patients in place on the front lines of this drug war . Patients have real reasons to have irrational fear in this environment now .

Daddy Nothing,

1) Get Legal dude, what is the matter with you? -- relying on Sect. 8 is iffy in Oakland ....from a purely economic standpoint its 10s of thousands vs few hundred dollars -- in other words, do follow Sect. 4 to the letter (with no technical violations, e.g locked enclosed facility, plants and usable MM weight in the premises UNDER which is allowed, say no more than 11 plants and 2 OZ .......BURN ANYTHING ELSE IMMEDIATELY is the smart bet

2) Retain counsel (and not any counsel, a VERY experienced Medical Marijuana Lawyer, (say N. Rockind or M Kormon)

3) Do what Counsel says,

4) IF confronted by LEO, say "NO" and call your lawyer.

Commenting on your driving/car/ticket/misdemeanor scenario - seems far fetched.... a Helicopter (did you see and record its registration markings an run them through the FAA database and come back to the sheriff's) is not needed to do anything and costs big bucks to even take off ($10k) so are they going to spend that based on the scenario you note??? Think about it, Paranoia will destroy ya...FLIR are handheld devices so why would LEO use a Heli vs. driving by.....and this circling your House, do you have a scanner? Maybe a robbery happened at the Corner store>? Could be millions of reasons WHY they are in an area....smartphones now have scanner ability FREE, download the app (be be aware they eat data)....

FINALLY, ABOUT THIS GOING TO THE SHERIFF'S DEPT AND SHOWING YOUR CARD --- THIS AKIN TO SNITCHING ON YOURSELF , GET THAT OUT OF YOUR HEAD MAN, What is the matter with you? --- A DEFENSE ATTY IS THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS ANY DUTY TO *YOU* AFTER YOU RETAIN THEM....this is all that is needed, so if your that paranoid retain counsel. .... POLICE ONLY WANT TO ARREST YOU ---- WHY WOULD YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT APPROACHING THEM....GET A DEFENSE ATTY RETAINED *NOW* -- IT IS THE **ONLY** OPTION.....

Heli costs big bucks to even take off ($10k) so are they going to spend that based on the scenario you note??? Think about it. It really does not seem plausible.

EVERYONE should know that precise and exact compliance with Sect. 4 requirements is the safest route, Certification, cancelled check in your possession, get the card....locked enclosed facility, in compliance with the 12 plant, 2.5 Oz limit. Get that correct and you have odds in your favor, make sure your card copy is posted in the grow room (if they break in they will then see these all over and know your a legal grow)....TELLING THEM IS THE SILLYEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD !!

As for infrared, a FLIR is a handheld device any person can carry and use (I have one for Heating/AC energy audits) so thinking a Heli is needed for it is silly as they go down the road in cars very easy...problem is it is a "search" under the Const.,

Sorry to be so rough but this is how people screw themselves, you should be 100% complaint with sect 4 otherwise you have no protection -- its not a "close to" issue it is EXACT COMPLIANCE WITH SECT. 4 IS ALL THAT MATTERS.....everything else is a pipe dream...

Be safe...

M10

Here is my situation:

I am a caregiver in northern Oakland County (Pontiac). Because of some issues unrelated to medical marijuana my license is not valid at the present time, s

Sorry, but this story REEEEKS of paranoid stoner fear. :rolleyes:

We will definitely give you a pass :thumbsu: given Oakland County :growl: and all but just for the record:

There is no way Oakland county would dispatch a helicopter on a minor traffic stop based on ducting seen in the back of a vehicle. I know, they could be conducting an ongoing investigation and the massively over funded narcotics guys might do something stupid like that if they thought there was a commercial grow. However if they were already doing an investigation they would already know he is a patient and probably assume he is growing. So what? Has there been a mass round-up of small time growers below their limits that I had missed? :sword:

Archived